Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Anyone else disappointed? (Zandalari Trolls)

Coming from a certain viewpoint, I can understand why Blizzard would have you want to do the story up to 120 to unlock the race. I'm fine with something like that. But is anyone else disappointed that they won't be letting you unlock the race until patch 8.1, more than 2 months after initial release?

In my guild Zandalari was hands down the most anticipated race to be added, with Nightborne a close second. Most of the people I talked to said the same, and that they would be rolling one immediately. Hell, I HAD three new characters planned right from the get go for the new trolls. But this massive wait for it has killed pretty much all the enthusiasm I had for the expansion, at least on a personal level.

A bit disappointed but not heartbroken or anything. It's probably going to be the first patch they are released. If it is only 2 months then that is a drop in the bucket compared to how long the whole expac is.

First patch of the expansion usually isn't a massive wait.

My only disappointment will be if the other trolls do not become allied with the Horde, after all, 99% of troll history (exception of Vol following The Prophet to Pandaria, but Zul was not really leading the Zandalari, but his own cult faction), whatever the Zanda do or say, all the other tribes follow suit. This could lead to several cool troll related quest chains involving the other troll tribes and even cause us to go back to updated/scenario verisons of the old troll dungeons and raids.
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

You gotta defeat G'Huun and put down the Blood Trolls to be united and able to join you.

Also gotta do that to be able restore their ability to handle the Light to have Zandalari Paladins.

7.1 came out 2 months after launch if i have to wait until October for Zandalari Trolls i will to be very sad that is what i want to do as well

Disappointed yeah. Specially after seeing their animations and how fricken massive they loook.

Of course it makes sense to not be ablo to play Zandalari until after we have proven our worth but since activision is there i can only see a big opportunity to sell race/faction changes and level player boosts.

We've known this for a long time. You're a little late to the party.

the worst thing is if you want to main a zandalari but also want that heritage armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Costa View Post
    7.1 came out 2 months after launch if i have to wait until October for Zandalari Trolls i will to be very sad that is what i want to do as well
    Its not "if" at this point. You WILL be waiting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scormac View Post
    the worst thing is if you want to main a zandalari but also want that heritage armor.
    Race change your current main then start a different toon to level for heritage armor? Heritage armor transmogable for all toons of that race once you earn it legit. This way you wont lose progression on your main but still have the other things you want.

This is what i am doing with red orcs.
    Last edited by Moozart; 2018-07-23 at 01:09 PM.

Deleted
    Personally, I mostly fear that they hold back more races because there will not be that much new content.

Allied races as a substitute for content... let's hope that's not the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only bit I'm a bit disappointed about is that they can't be DK's.
    Well, and that their footwear are still sandals instead of boots.

Okay I have 2 things I am a bit disappointed about.

It's even worse for people wanting Vulpera, we don't even know if they'll be an allied race at all this expansion.
    Last edited by Gurluas; 2018-07-23 at 02:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scormac View Post
    Hahahaha, true!
    Not that big of a deal regarding Kul'tirans because I would only wear their heritage armor as Outlaw Rogue. I kept my 110 boost for a Kul'tiran Druid when they will be available.

@ TE: It is definitely frustrating for all players who wanted a fresh start with a fresh race at BfA launch. Not only for Zandalaris, also for Mag'har and DI Dwarfes.
    I wll definitely not level a new race from the scratch once unlocked. Leveling is so slow that I will loose too much time while not progressing my maxlevel char. And as long they don't give boosted chars the heritage armor I would not boost a char (except for my remaining free boost because I don't give a ****).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Personally, I mostly fear that they hold back more races because there will not be that much new content.

Allied races as a substitute for content... let's hope that's not the case.
    It isn't the quest/story/raid team that work on races, so no, allied races will not cost you a raid tier.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    It isn't the quest/story/raid team that work on races, so no, allied races will not cost you a raid tier.
    Same could be said about major patch 6.1, with the Twitter integration as main "content" update.

The team working on a selfie tool isn't the same as the content team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Same could be said about major patch 6.1, with the Twitter integration as main "content" update.

The team working on a selfie tool isn't the same as the content team.
    Calling it main content of that patch, however barebones it was, is a bit hyperbolic. It was a feature. Patches tend to have those. Doesn't mean they're the main thing or the thing that the most work went into.

And frankly that doesn't have a thing to do with races.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Only thing I'm disappointed in is that the Zandalari recruited all Troll Tribes to them during Mist except the Darkspear. Therefore, I feel that the customization options for Zandalari should be expanded to include all of those tribes as Zandalari Empire Tribes... kind of like the Mag'har Orcs. Secondly, on the Alliance side with the Council of Three Hammers I'd like to see Muradin's Frostborn, Moira's Dark Iron, and Falstad's Wildhammer Dwarves as United Dwarven Clans. It's time to open up some real customization... not just cherry pick one but really have options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Story restriction is not an excuse. Blizzard probably still need more development time for the Zandalari Trolls. plain and simple.

Imagine playing the first 2 months of Legion without access to Demon Hunters.
    Imagine 2 months of MoP without access to Pandaren.

Sucks so hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cervani View Post
    Coming from a certain viewpoint, I can understand why Blizzard would have you want to do the story up to 120 to unlock the race. I'm fine with something like that. But is anyone else disappointed that they won't be letting you unlock the race until patch 8.1, more than 2 months after initial release?

In my guild Zandalari was hands down the most anticipated race to be added, with Nightborne a close second. Most of the people I talked to said the same, and that they would be rolling one immediately. Hell, I HAD three new characters planned right from the get go for the new trolls. But this massive wait for it has killed pretty much all the enthusiasm I had for the expansion, at least on a personal level.
    It's surely disappointing for people who want to main a Zandalari character. For me, it's fortunately only 2 race changes and leveling one more alt for Heritage Armour, and for this I probably will not have the time in the first months of BfA anyway, because I will have to level my existing alts, at least for professions and transmog purposes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart View Post
    You gotta defeat G'Huun and put down the Blood Trolls to be united and able to join you.

Also gotta do that to be able restore their ability to handle the Light to have Zandalari Paladins.
    I think that Paladins must be there for Zandalari. We surely need a 3rd race with Paladins on the Horde side. Alliance now has access to 4 races who can become Shamans (Draenei, Dwarf, Pandaren, Dark Iron Dwarf), while keeping their count of 5 races with Paladins (Humans, Dwarfs, Draenei, LF Draenei, DI Dwarves), which is comparable to 6 Horde Shamans (Orc, Troll, Tauren, Goblin, Zandalari Troll, Highmountain Tauren). Druids will get even sooner or later, anyway.