Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Well at least this thread was good at exposing the racists on this website.
    and even better at exposing idiotic white people with a simultaneous victim and saviour complex

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    And making casual jokes about the dehumanization of black people is a part of actual racism.
    again, literally any joke will be at the expense of someone.
    that's kinda how comedy works.

it's your choice to get offended by something that isnt said in a serious manner.

and the myriad of wildly successfuly comedians that do offensive jokes are the prime example that most people know how to differentiate between a joke and reality.

you not being in that crowd doesnt make you anything other than stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Except the ascription is totally subjective. As explained by this wise picture -

I wasn't talking about offence (which is a rather meaningless metric as its 100% subjective) but about the commonality of language which by definition cannot be subjective.
    The understanding and inference of the usage of language is another matter entirely.

I'm not offended by the guild name. Frankly the word Nigger doesn't affect me because I am a wealthy white male in a Western country, and I'm not a racist.. so its not something that is in my vernacular, and I have and would never use it as a slur because I am educated and have a very inclusive attitude.

But I can completely understand why Blizzard would change the name.
    The distillation of your meme is a rather free for all parody of the US "Freedom of Speech" nonsense that I hear so much, to which I always reply, your right to say what you like is protected, however you are not protected from the consequence of what you choose to say.

"I have friends, many friends. I have friends in China, India, Russia." "I will make deals, lots of deals. I'm good at making deals. Deals, deals, deals."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    That's not what's got us concerned. It was that Blizzard changed it to something random (with random numbers and such) and then charged the GM to change it to something else.
    There's an easy way to avoid this: don't try to be edgy and 'tee hee thinly veiled racist reference' with your guild/toon names. And you'll find that you don't log on to actions being taken against your account.

I mean, it isn't rocket science.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Deezlar View Post
    The distillation of your meme is a rather free for all parody of the US "Freedom of Speech" nonsense that I hear so much, to which I always reply, your right to say what you like is protected, however you are not protected from the consequence of what you choose to say.
    For sure. Whoever feels offended is free to try and throw as many words he thinks will offend me as he likes. If he choses to get physical, I will smirk at a lesser mind going to jail for not being able to engage in an intellectual battle and commiting assault.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    There's an easy way to avoid this: don't try to be edgy and 'tee hee thinly veiled racist reference' with your guild/toon names. And you'll find that you don't log on to actions being taken against your account.

I mean, it isn't rocket science.
    I could change like 4 words in there and make an instant nazi reference, but that'd be below me.

I dont think anyone here has a problem with blizzard forcing the namechange, since they kinda have to.

the problem is that people here think that making a stupid barely racist joke somehow turns you into the president of the KKK because they dont know the difference between a joke and reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    that's funny because literally noone in this thread implied anything of the sort.

we just know the difference between a joke and reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Who denied the existence of racism? Please be specific.
    Interesting, I didn't name names, and yet you've taken offense.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

and even better at exposing idiotic white people with a simultaneous victim and saviour complex

- - - Updated - - -

again, literally any joke will be at the expense of someone.
    that's kinda how comedy works.

it's your choice to get offended by something that isnt said in a serious manner.

and the myriad of wildly successfuly comedians that do offensive jokes are the prime example that most people know how to differentiate between a joke and reality.

you not being in that crowd doesnt make you anything other than stupid.
    If you can’t understand the difference between a joke targeted at people who drink pumpkin spice coffee and a joke referencing human beings being used by cattle, I don’t think I’m the stupid one.
    Beta Club Brosquad

You’re exceptionally wrong if you think you can dictate what people can and cannot demand removal of. There is no reason why someone who is offended by a guild name or character name should not be able to request that it be changed.
    I wasn't saying I can dictate any terms.. I said being offended isn't justification for you to act.

People can find offense in literally anything. At the end of the day, this card is played so often that it is beyond old... people have cried wolf so much that you getting up in arms is now just getting old. Some one over there is offended because someone else is dancing, should the dancing be restricted? or should we take a look at maybe consider is the act at all offensive or the plaintiff just being an ass.

So go ahread and BE offended. Don't be surprised if someone thinks you're the one being an ass.

edit:

a good example of this in WoW is the Maine Coon. guess what happened to it.

because someone didn't think this:

so, personally I think when someone gets offended they should take a step back and think before they try and go holier than thou
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2018-07-22 at 12:18 AM.

I could change like 4 words in there and make an instant nazi reference, but that'd be below me.

I dont think anyone here has a problem with blizzard forcing the namechange, since they kinda have to.

the problem is that people here think that making a stupid barely racist joke somehow turns you into the president of the KKK because they dont know the difference between a joke and reality.

Godwin’d on page 6. Seems slow for MMO-C.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    I didnt take offense, I'M just pointing out your blatant lie :P

you've yet to give any proof of your claim tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    I took no offense. I'm calling out your bullshit. No one in this thread said racism doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I wasn't saying I can dictate any terms.. I said being offended isn't justification for you to act.

People can find offense in literally anything. At the end of the day, this card is played so often that it is beyond old... people have cried wolf so much that you getting up in arms is now just getting old. Some one over there is offended because someone else is dancing, should the dancing be restricted? or should we take a look at maybe consider is the act at all offensive or the plaintiff just being an ass.

So go ahread and BE offended. Don't be surprised if someone thinks you're the one being an ass.
    Being offended by people making jokes about human beings being traded and used like cattle is not being hypersensitive.
    Beta Club Brosquad

If you can’t understand the difference between a joke targeted at people who drink pumpkin spice coffee and a joke referencing human beings being used by cattle, I don’t think I’m the stupid one.
    if you cant understand that it's not that simple and every single person will draw the line at a different point, and the point of comedy is to blur/stretch and break those lines, I dont know what to tell you.

like, why doesnt anyone have a problem with "in soviet russia" jokes? when they imply the misery, torture and genocide of tens of millions of people?
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2018-07-22 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    And Blizzard is a US company.

Their game, their rules.

Don't like it? Don't pay and play their stuff.
    It's funny how you assumed the worst and immediately jumped on me. Where did I say that I was against the action taken against the guild name? I sure think it was petty, but also recognize that Blizzard were in their right to do so.

Im tired of these nagas and their saggy tails
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Godwin’d on page 6. Seems slow for MMO-C.
    I was very deliberate in not doing a godwin though. I couldve but I didnt.

You know what the difference is between someone who makes racist jokes and someone who makes "barely" racist jokes?
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    It's funny how you assumed the worst and immediately jumped on me. Where did I say that I was against the action being taken against the guild name? I sure think it was petty, but also recognize that Blizzard are in theoir right to do so.
    I didn't assume anything of you, just pointed out Blizzard is an American company so of course the lens they'll use on this issue will be one mostly aligned with US views.

Quote Originally Posted by Deezlar View Post
    The Bill of Rights are not laws - they are much more. They are declarations of the spirit of the nation.

If you're not okay with those rights being violated on the public level, but are fine with it on the private level, then you are part of the problem. And I say again, it will not last.