Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It is an enemy of the United States. A determined enemy. There will be no end to the types of wars, save a full-scale conventional war, that the EU will wage against America. Europe wants to dominate the world and replace America wherever possible. That is what the entire European Union project is all about: making Europe one and better than the rest.

While that in theory is a good thing, the reality is such that Europe is full of cowardly, idiotic, and uneducated morons who want Europe to be a magnet for migrants, and a leftist haven with limited free speech and extreme levels of political correctness. That's why I will fully support Trump's and America's effort to demolish the EU politically.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirkza View Post
    It is an enemy of the United States. A determined enemy. There will be no end to the types of wars, save a full-scale conventional war, that the EU will wage against America. Europe wants to dominate the world and replace America wherever possible. That is what the entire European Union project is all about: making Europe one and better than the rest.

While that in theory is a good thing, the reality is such that Europe is full of cowardly, idiotic, and uneducated morons who want Europe to be a magnet for migrants, and a leftist haven with limited free speech and extreme levels of political correctness. That's why I will fully support Trump's and America's effort to demolish the EU politically.
    Folks, imagine him frothing at his mouth and having bloodshoot eyes while his veins pop out of his neck when he screams this. It's at least semi-entertaining that way. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Um, the EU was formed so the nations would have economic ties and would prevent another world war from breaking out.

Also the much reviled Merkel on the refugee topic is a right wing politician.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Folks, imagine him frothing at his mouth and having bloodshoot eyes while his veins pop out of his neck when he screams this. It's at least semi-entertaining that way. :P
    Me? Screaming? Only out of pure joy will I scream if you ever find me doing so.

Putin is absolutely demolishing the EU and its projects using his intelligence agencies and military.

Trump is absolutely demolishing the EU with trade wars and political destabilization, and he is closer and closer, day by day to making NATO obsolete and operational only on paper.

The UK is leaving EU and yes, that will increase my likelihood of screaming when the wonderful day comes.

Your project is dying, and we'll find out who will scream and why. I may out of joy, you will out of anguish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Um, the EU was formed so the nations would have economic ties and would prevent another world war from breaking out.

Also the much reviled Merkel on the refugee topic is a right wing politician.
    The EU has grown into a different monster. That said, I will never trust any union with Germans and West Europeans in it, because there is historically a good lesson for all people who have done so. There is no logical reason for a Bosnian like myself, or any other Slav/Eastern European to trust the West on important matters, especially those that are crucial to our security. Europe didn't bother ending the war in my country for 3.5 years even though it happened right in the heart of it. You needed damn America to come across the Atlantic Ocean, bomb us, and then dip your finger in the whole problem and pretend like you did something about it.

None of you are trustworthy.

Trustworthyness aside, the EU is a failed project because it is ran on anti-European principles, such as the oppression of the free spirit of the European individual, the flooding of our wonderful ancestral lands by hordes of dangerous people not as a trend, but as a rule - such a project cannot be tolerated. It is more ideologically dangerous than Nazi Germany was militarily so, and that says a lot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh another EU is falling post, how refreshing.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

The EU has grown into a different monster. That said, I will never trust any union with Germans and West Europeans in it, because there is historically a good lesson for all people who have done so. There is no logical reason for a Bosnian like myself, or any other Slav/Eastern European to trust the West on important matters, especially those that are crucial to our security. Europe didn't bother ending the war in my country for 3.5 years even though it happened right in the heart of it. You needed damn America to come across the Atlantic Ocean, bomb us, and then dip your finger in the whole problem and pretend like you did something about it.

None of you are trustworthy.

Trustworthyness aside, the EU is a failed project because it is ran on anti-European principles, such as the oppression of the free spirit of the European individual, the flooding of our wonderful ancestral lands by hordes of dangerous people not as a trend, but as a rule - such a project cannot be tolerated. It is more ideologically dangerous than Nazi Germany was militarily so, and that says a lot.
    So, you hate the EU because they didn't go mess around in a country that wasn't part of the EU?

I'm confused.

Deleted
    So, you hate the EU because they didn't go mess around in a country that wasn't part of the EU?

I'm confused.
    I'm not going to reiterate such a clear post. It's for a whole lot of reasons, not just that. You can go back to the 1500's and see what happened to South-Eastern Europe at the hand of the Ottomans because nobody in the West made a sincere effort to help repel them. Then you can go to Poland prior to WW2 and see who among their allies came to help when the Germans knocked on the door.

There's no important event in the history of Eastern Europe that I can recall currently where Western European powers sacrificed a lot for us.

Take a look at Ukraine. There was every opportunity for Europe to show, in the 21st century, with a much weaker Russia than it was during the Cold War, that you don't mess with Europe and a future potential EU member. Then Russians literally f*cked Europe over by taking a big chunk of Ukraine with no bullets fired and just putting the pen on the paper. That's it.

IT TOOK A PEN AND PAPER FOR RUSSIANS TO MAKE A LAUGHING STOCK OUT OF EUROPE.

Don't you all see how cowardly Western Europe is? You NEVER do anything that is important alone. Literally EVER.

You always rely on America. Always, always, always. You're absolutely, insanely useless.

And speaking of my country: Yes, when something is happening inside your domain, and could have a whole lot of political and humanitarian consequences if left untouched, you actually go and do something about it. You show might. Unity. Strength. Determination. You do it for the sake of the whole of Europe.

But you didn't.

The comes the Ukraine situation and Russia, using not bullets, but pen and paper, makes a laughing stock out of you by stealing land from a European country that does everything it can to join the EU.

Where is the EU?

Who is it benefiting?

It is an EMBARASSEMENT OF A PROJECT.

You can go back to the 1500's and see what happened to South-Eastern Europe at the hand of the Ottomans because nobody in the West made a sincere effort to help repel them.
    Um, how about no?

The EU only started forming after WW2. Why the fuck would I go back to the 1500s?

Europe and America are siblings. We're literally family. The largest concentrations (or even larger) of European ethnic and cultural identity exists in the United States. The closeness of America and Europe are of values, history and a common blood. Russia, and it's illegitimate stooge of an American President, have long lamented this. But how could it be any other way? Europe and America are each half of the West, the most significant political, economic, cultural and military force to ever rise in human history.

I'm a bit older than some of my fellow posters here. I remember the early Iraq War era vividly, and what I remember from then, as it compares to the situation we have to now, syncs with what diplomats are saying off the record. When the US launched the invasion of Iraq and disprespected out European allies, they (rightfully) took it very personally. George W Bush at the time had the whole of the country's political establishment behind him, and according to polls, 75%+ of Americans.

By contrast today, Donald Trump's extreme positions, not even backed by his own White House staff, much less the Administration, US Government, and Political Establishment, has only served to isolate him. Donald Trump is nominally President of the United States.... but by virtue of his actions and words, he speaks for nobody besides his twitter followers and his cult. Again, take Russia - the words he offers and the actions the US Government is taking, is completely at odds.

There is as a result, next to no Anti-Americanism. There is profoud disdain for Trump, but incredible patience and sympathy from our European brothers and sisters, whom we have inflicted this degradation upon.

One day, before long, we'll make it up to them. But while it is understadable to be concerned about the future of trans-Atlantic relations, betting against Western unity never has, and never will be, a winner. Events and common goals will always conspire to force us together in our natural brotherhood.

The great irony of this is Donald Trump has pretty much played out his hand. Completely. After his performance at NATO, and then being Putin's Human Centipede in Helsinki, what else could he possibly do? If he tried something against NATO, there would be mass resignations at the Pentagon that would all-but-end his Presidency. Any attempt to actively change US alliances would require laws that Congress will not pass. Even with regards to the Trade War... Europe isn't targeting all of America. They are targeting Trump.

Trump refuses to act like the leader of all Americans, and as a result, our allies and real foes alike treat him like the leader of only some Americans.

Is it a great time for the Western Alliance and the United States? Oh hell no. But Western Unity is one of the most important ideas to ever arise in foreign relations. It must be fought for until the literal bitter end, and not ruined by the like of Vladimir fucking Putin and his pet idiot, Donald Judas Trump.

Deleted
    Um, how about no?

The EU only started forming after WW2. Why the fuck would I go back to the 1500s?
    History is the greatest teacher of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Europe and America are siblings. We're literally family.
    I'd say that only about the UK. Whatever disputes we have with them, they are family.

Continental Europe can go f itself. We do something: "American Imperialism! Cowboy diplomacy!" We dont do something: " Why won't the Americans help?"

I would never countenance permitting an existential threat to the UK. The rest of those ungrateful .... people can go crap and fall back in it.

And welcome back. Wtf did you do this time? Couldnt find anything in your posts.
    "Independence forever!" --- President John Adams
    "America is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own." --- President John Quincy Adams
    "Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Europe and America are siblings. We're literally family.
    If you are sincere in your love for Europe, then from now on I kindly ask you to never refer to us as family because by doing so, you are essentially saying Europe is defined by the Anglo-Saxons, who are your founders and prime forefathers. You are inflicting the greatest insult upon us possible by considering us family. There is almost nobody in Italy, Spain, Poland, or most other countries in Europe who feel about America what you feel about Europe. Everybody knows fully well that your only family here are those from the little Anglo-Saxon sphere, who are NOT our family nor anybody we are feeling too warm about. If you think we are all your family because they are your family - you're saying we are defined by them.

We're not. Quit insulting us. Europe is bigger and better than the Anglo-Saxon part of it. Never say what you did if you truly like us.

Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    I'd say that only about the UK. Whatever disputes we have with them, they are family.

Continental Europe can go f itself. We do something: "American Imperialism! Cowboy diplomacy!" We dont do something: " Why won't the Americans help?"

I would never countenance permitting an existential threat to the UK. The rest of those ungrateful .... people can go crap and fall back in it.

And welcome back. Wtf did you do this time? Couldnt find anything in your posts.
    The US fucking around in the middle east is what lead to the current refugee crisis in Europe. I wonder why they may not be so fond of us at the moment.

Deleted
    The US fucking around in the middle east is what lead to the current refugee crisis in Europe. I wonder why they may not be so fond of us at the moment.
    Europe took migrants during the Cold War and kept them when they could have rotated them.

The Turks who came to Germany in the CW era - tell me, why did they not get sent home?

As for the refugees today, why is Europe keen on bringing them here and keeping them, when they can instead house them in neighbouring countries (which already happens to a degree)?

This is a greater plan to replace native Europeans with non-natives and create a mess out of the Western world, which is on the top of the world hiearchy without any real competitors.

Eventually, the nuclear powers of Europe will have newcomers controlling them.

Anybody born in the 2030's, 40's etc. will look at Europe and ask all you mind-numbingly idiotic leftists WHY you gave Europe away to people who only came to make it worse. If there is a hell, you leftists will be the first to be thrown into it. I am sure of that.

You're happy to get the West destroyed when it is the West that stands for almost every good thing in the world. Science, tech, medicine, you name it. Without the West, there's a terrible future ahead.

And that terrible future will only be guaranteed by infiltrating the West with those who are slowly but surely ruining it.

You think the Middle East is ran well? Well then be happy, for the future of Europe will look just like the Middle East.

Well done leftists. Your descendants will be so, so proud.

Well done leftists. Your descendants will be so, so proud.
    What about this is "leftist?"

Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post

Literally everything you posted here is wrong or deeply slanted. Just to underscore how deeply slanted, the UK hasn't been a chief partner for the US in global affairs in years. Litterally years. They didn't have Bush, Obama and the Fed. They didn't have two rounds of stimulus and then three rounds of quantitative easing. The US reaction to the Great Recession was largely stimulus with a little but of austerity in the form of incredibly stupid Budget Control Act. The biggest slam against US response was that it should have been larger.

The UK though? The governments there, like the rest of Europe at the time, dove head first into the complete and utter *nonsense* that was austerity, as if it was excessive government spending that caused the recession. It was a bullshit political response because the right didn't have the intellectual honesty to embrace a Keynsian approach to the economic house fire, just this once. This bit most of Europe, but it bit the UK the worse. They did not increase their taxes, but also protected the almighty NHS at all costs. The consequence? Everything else was cut, first and foremost foreign involement. 15 years ago, the UK was ever-present in global affairs. In 2018, it's a non-player. It did it to itself.

Basically your entire position is traight out of 2003.

In 2018, really since 2006-ish for a number of reasons, the US's chief partner in Europe is Germany. German and US relations have always been much more complicated and nuanced than US-UK relations, but we've almost always managed to create a workable, enduring consensus. Witness sanctions against Russia, for example. If that had bee UK driven, they never would have endured. It is Germany's leadership in Europe, that has kept them going for 4.5 years, a number that I never dreamed of (I thought they'd be removed after maybe 18 months).

The same goes for France too, which is the US's most reliable military partner since the UK have relentlessly slashed their forces since 2007.

In fact, the US Navy is most likely to buy a Italian-French or Spanish frigate design for it's new warship program, and not it's UK competitor. That's how close relations are.

Europeans are profoundly anti-Trump, with good reason. As are most Americans. But unlike the early 2000s, they are not anti-Americans. If anything, they're by in large manifestly pro-American. They want us to live up to our promise and our values. What they ask in return is that we return to them the respect they've rightfully earned.

I know you see no value in it, so I don't really have a care in convincing you. But the US is the leader of the West - the richest and most powerful assemblage of countries in the history of many. What insanity is possessing you people to want to give it up? I mean, let's be clear, you've completely failed in this endeavor and will continue to fail. But the very idea of it is insane. What country wouldn't want to be surrounded by dozens of like-minded partners? America + Europe is tremendous defense in depth (the best kind of defense). America's defense-in-depth in Europe right now is at it's zenith. America alone, the Donald Trump / Realitytrembles foreign policy, basically forfeits one of our greatest assets, threby bringing us down to the level of Russia and China.

Why? Because some Europeans said some mean things once upon a time. Boo fucking hoo, RT. Travel outside America just once, for crying out loud.

Deleted
    What about this is "leftist?"
    The entire project to destroy Western civilization is a far left project, which is ultimately embraced by the entirety of the modern left, which ultimately makes the modern left the far left.

The entire project to destroy Western civilization is a far left project, which is ultimately embraced by the entirety of the modern left, which ultimately makes the modern left the far left.
    Sounds like a lot of gibberish.

The current refugee crisis was caused by Assad + Russia. The timeline makes little sense to blame it directly on the US.

Major combat operations in Iraq ceased in 2011. Most US forces were withdrawn then too. Iraq, while not peaceful, was stable. The Syrian Civil War started in 2011, but accelerated in 2012 and 2013. The US had nothing to do with that directly (more on that momentarily). The refugee flows, from 2014-2016, which have largely ceased now, were caused chiefly by strategic bombing by Assad and Russia. Most refugees from ISIS led to Kurdistan and Shiite-held Iraq, not Europe.

The other end of refugees were Libyans. The Libyan war was launched by the UK-France, let's recall, and the US was a reluctant partner and not initiator in that.

The US certainly spend much of the 2000s greatly destabilizing the middle east and creating the conditions for civil unrest and the rise of ISIS in the region. But the discrete 2014-2016 refugee flow cannot be directly pinned to US actions, as we were long gone by that point. That was chiefly on Russia and Assad bombing civilians to heard them towards Europe, as a way of retaliating against their Russian/ Syrian policies (including response to Ukraine).

More on this here:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/03/w...-traveled.html

E.U. Suspects Russian Agenda in Migrants’ Shifting Arctic Route
    KANDALAKSHA, Russia — So many decrepit Soviet-era cars carried migrants into Europe from this frozen Russian town in recent months that border officials in Finland, who confiscate the rust-bucket vehicles as soon as they cross the frontier, watched in dismay as their parking lot turned into a scrapyard.

To clear up the mess and provide some space for freshly confiscated cars, the Finnish customs service set up a separate dumping ground.

Then last month, as suddenly and as mysteriously as it had started, the parade of migrants in rusty old cars came to an abrupt halt, or at least a pause.

“We don’t know what is going on,” said Matti Daavittila, the head of the ice-entombed Finnish border post near Salla. “They suddenly stopped coming. That is all we know.”

Compared with the hundreds of thousands of people fleeing war or hardship who made the trek to Europe last year through Turkey to Greece, the flow of refugees and migrants on the Arctic route through Russia — first into Norway and later into Finland — is tiny.

But the stop-go traffic has added a hefty dose of geopolitical anxiety, not to mention intrigue, to a crisis that is tearing the European Union apart. It has sent alarm bells ringing in Helsinki, Finland’s capital far to the south, and in Brussels, where European Union leaders, at recent crisis meetings on migration, discussed the strange and ever-shifting Arctic route through Russia.

The intrigue flows from a growing suspicion in the West that Russia is stoking and exploiting Europe’s migrant crisis to extract concessions, or perhaps crack the European unity over economic sanctions imposed against Moscow for its actions in Ukraine. Only one of the European Union’s 28 member states needs to break ranks for a regime of credit and other restrictions to collapse.

“Unfortunately, this looks like a political demonstration by Russia,” said Ilkka Kanerva, Finland’s former foreign minister and now the chairman of its parliamentary Defense Committee. “They are very skillful at sending signals. They want to show that Finland should be very careful when it makes its own decisions on things like military exercises, our partnership with NATO and European Union sanctions” against Russia.

Unlike the flow of refugees and migrants into Greece by boat, in which the tempo is largely set by the weather in the Aegean Sea, the flow through Russia is almost entirely dependent on whether Russia’s Federal Security Service, the successor agency to the K.G.B., opens or closes roads in a heavily militarized border region crammed with bases.

In the first two months of this year, nearly 800 asylum seekers crossed from Russia into Finland near Salla, a crossing point west of Kandalaksha in the Finnish region of Lapland, compared with none in same period last year.

Sayid Mussa Khan, a 31-year-old Afghan who had worked for an American security company in Kabul, made it to Finland on Feb. 28, just a day before the traffic suddenly halted after a statement by President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia to security service chiefs that Russia should “tighten monitoring of refugee flows.”

Along with his family and around a dozen other asylum seekers, Mr. Khan set out at dawn from Kandalaksha in a convoy of old cars and, accompanied by Russian guides, breezed through three checkpoints to reach the Finnish border.

Mr. Khan, who sat with his wife and baby son in the back seat of a wheezing Lada, said he had never even heard of Finland when he left Kabul in 2014 and, after two years in Russia and Belarus, still was not really sure where it was he was going.

But he knew he wanted to get his family to Europe, and had been assured that he would get there once he had paid $6,000 to a facilitator in Moscow, who immediately arranged for the family to be issued with a deportation order by the Russian authorities.

“He asked me where I wanted to go and said: ‘No problem. We will get you to Finland. Everybody is going there now,’ ” said Mr. Khan, who is now in Finland waiting for the authorities to review his asylum application.

Jorma Vuorio, the director general of Finland’s Migration Department, said he had been surprised by the “completely new phenomenon” of asylum seekers arriving from Russia. But he added that there “was no proof, just speculation,” of involvement by the Russian state.

The traffic into Europe through the Arctic, which has involved relatively few Syrians, began late last summer, with more than 5,000 migrants on bicycles suddenly pouring across Russia’s previously tightly controlled northern border into Norway. But that cycle-borne flow ended abruptly on Nov. 30, after the Russian authorities reintroduced tight controls just as Norwegian officials arrived in Moscow for talks on how to stem the flow.

The migrants’ route then shifted southward to Russia’s border with Finland, as Russian guards on roads to two Finnish border crossings stopped blocking travelers without visas.

Finland swiftly banned cycle traffic across its 830-mile border with Russia, allowing only people in cars to cross. This killed a booming market for old bicycles in Russia’s far north but created a new market for cheap and decrepit Russian cars with just enough life left in them to limp across the border to Finland.

Mr. Vuorio said his Russian counterpart had informed him that Russia had more than 11 million foreigners living in its territory, a vast pool of potential migrants to Europe, but added that he doubted Moscow would allow a chaotic flood through sensitive border regions. Criminal gangs, not officials, he added, seem to be largely responsible for managing the scale and direction of migration to Europe through Russia.

He said the last halt in the traffic was not the result of any deal struck by Finnish and Russian officials, who have been engaged in weeks of intensive, high-level discussions. “Our only deal is that we have good relations,” he said, bewildered by the stop-go flow.

But that, said the Defense Committee chairman, Mr. Kanerva, is precisely Russia’s aim — to keep Finland off balance and thus wary of making any move toward NATO or making other decisions that would anger Moscow. Noting that Russia had shown itself adept in Ukraine at so-called hybrid warfare, the use of nonmilitary tools to pursue its goals, he said migrants “are part of a broader strategy.”

“They want to make us nervous and pay attention to their interests,” he added.

Like the conflict in Syria, Europe’s migrant crisis has given Moscow an opportunity to assert itself as an indispensable power that Europe cannot afford to ignore, much less antagonize. When Finland’s president visited Moscow last month, Mr. Putin scolded him over the damage to both Russia and Finland caused by sanctions. The two leaders agreed to bar all but their own citizens and citizens of Belarus at two Arctic border crossings for six months.

While Russian officials have strenuously denied steering migrants toward Europe, the Kremlin has taken thinly disguised delight in Europe’s troubles, particularly those of Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany, who has dominated European policy toward Russia on sanctions and other matters. State-controlled Russian television has served up a daily diet of migrant-related horror stories, including a false report that migrants had raped a 13-year-old Russian-German girl in Berlin.

Mr. Putin, meanwhile, recently hosted visits to Moscow by two of Ms. Merkel’s most vocal critics, President Viktor Orban of Hungary and Premier Horst Seehofer of the German state of Bavaria.

Russia’s military actions in Syria, where the bombing of rebel targets often prompts the flight of civilians nearby, has further added to suspicions, especially in the United States, that Moscow wants to stoke Europe’s migration crisis for political ends.

Speaking to the Senate Armed Services Committee recently in Washington, NATO’s American commander, Gen. Philip M. Breedlove, accused Russia of “deliberately weaponizing migration in an attempt to overwhelm European structures and break European resolve.”

A spokesman for Russia’s Defense Ministry, Maj. Gen. Igor Konashenkov, dismissed General Breedlove’s allegations as absurd, noting that Europe’s refugee crisis began long before Moscow started its military action in Syria on Sept. 30.

The one group that needs no convincing about Russia’s manipulation of the migrant issue is the migrants themselves.

In interviews in Kandalaksha, stranded migrants from West and Central Africa said they had each paid thousands of dollars to “guides” who promised to get them to Finland and who worked closely with Russian officials. The system was highly organized, the migrants said, with no more than 30 people allowed to make the journey to Finland each day. Who went when, and in which vehicle, was established in advance, they said, with the guides and officials drawing up detailed lists with names, departure dates and cars.

“They are all in the same clique: the officials, the hotel people, the drivers. This is their business,” said Honoré Basubte, a young migrant from West Africa who had come to Russia as a student. Like many of the other migrants who traveled to Kandalaksha, he said he had been issued a Russian deportation order before setting out and been told to leave quickly for Europe.

“Now they say we can’t go because the border is closed,” he said. “This is all an ugly game.”

Deleted
    Sounds like a lot of gibberish.
    It's not.

The left has embraced the far left.

The far left is the root cause of the destruction of Europe/the West.