Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Even breaking a leg/arm is still not a valid reason to fucking kill someone
    Maybe where you live, but it is here. And for those that live here, that is what matters. We have the right to defend not only our lives, but from serous personal bodily harm.

I have already commented more than once in this thread, I would think if I was in that position, I would have pulled my firearm and told him to back away or I would shoot him. But then again, it can be easy to second guess someone in a situation you are not faced with at the moment. It all went down in about 4 seconds. And delaying even a second or two can make the different between being harmed more or killed when you are in a venerable position esp.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The kid is innocent, certainly. The father is not. Nor is the mother. Now mother and child can think about what they've done for a very long time.
    Yeah, they parked in a handicapped lot, so they got shot for it.

Only in America is this acceptable for a first world nation.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    So this entire thing was over a parking spot? Really a parking spot guess its not that hard to believe we devolved into such pathetic people over something so minuscule.
    have you ever taken a history class?

Quote Originally Posted by Choloz View Post
    That's the point actually, we allegedly came a long way from those historical dark times, yet somehow people still act like it's the law of the jungle.

"Don't like someone? Just kill them."
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Maybe where you live, but it is here. And for those that live here, that is what matters. We have the right to defend not only our lives, but from serous personal bodily harm.
    Nowadays it seems to be quite common to kick at or stomp on the adversary's head if they are on the ground. So yeah, if you get assaulted out of nowhere and are on the ground, your live is in danger.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Yeah, they parked in a handicapped lot, so they got shot for it.

Only in America is this acceptable for a first world nation.
    Protip: do not just read the headline. The dude got shot for assaulting a person.

Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    Protip: do not just read the headline. The dude got shot for assaulting a person.
    A person who has an extensive and colorful history of baiting people into confrontations just because he feels the parking lot is his private property. Ergo, the real root of the problem is the parking lot and the shooter.

Normally someone that obnoxious and toxic to society would get a few teeth punched out or sent to prison, but apparently the US law is increasingly favorable to this group of people, because of the rise of Trump and those like you who support the normalization of being mean bullies who hurt and murder people if they can't get their way.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    A person who has an extensive and colorful history of baiting people into confrontations just because he feels the parking lot is his private property. Ergo, the real root of the problem is the parking lot and the shooter.

Normally someone that obnoxious and toxic to society would get a few teeth punched out or sent to prison, but apparently the US law is increasingly favorable to this group of people, because of the rise of Trump and those like you who support the normalization of being mean bullies who hurt and murder people if they can't get their way.
    well the (if your bringing what people did in their history into it) mean bully would have never had a legal ground to shoot if the crackhead punk (his recorded past as linked in this thread) had kept his hands to himself and it would have been just a yelling match with just feelings hurt.

**and for the record you can google search it, people have died by getting pushed to the ground like that.
    http://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/w...cracking-skull
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-2...r-push/6431932
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Push...nt=firefox-b-1
    etc etc.

*if we want to bring what if's into it the shooter if he had a handicap parking it was not over walking (since he seemed to be moving ok) it could be he just had heart or some other major surgery and a shove like that could have been fatal, there was no way for the dead guy to know.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2018-07-22 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Choloz View Post
    Of course i have what kind of question is this? People killed each other over religious beliefs, land, resources etc that still happen today. But this just a parking space.

Quote Originally Posted by sopeonaroap View Post
    pushing down a 50 year old handicapped person can easily be considered aggravated battery, which is a felony with serious prison time. in this case it could have been considered a misdemeanor, but he didn't push him down and walk away, he pushed him down and stood his ground, that isn't something a jury sees as a defensive shove and is a big deal

he was angry the guy was arguing with his wife, he didn't come in and start arguing, he came in to fight and that also makes a difference

since this guy was middle-aged and handicapped, there's a good chance this could end up as a felony in florida court, it wasn't just a shove

- - - Updated - - -

sure, if that's what you wanna get out of it. i'm not one of those folks who cries when someone calls me a racist. the only racist laws left in america benefit brown people, you know, like 100% of affirmative action, SAT bonuses for non-whites or asians, etc, the black farmers who get the federal aid + aid only black farmers qualify for, etc

you know, racist shit that you folks pretend isn't racist

truly colorblind laws don't get the results certain types of people want, which is why no special interest group is asking for equality, they want to be on top of the majority and it's just never going to happen
    That doesn't matter, granted that couple pulled a dick move, but he could have waited to use the space. He should not have shot him, period.

Oh by the way, we are outbreeding you, better get used to being a minority in the future.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The dude shouldn't have shoved the other dude, nor parked in the handicapped spot, but does that really warrant a death sentence? By the time the older dude was aiming his gun, the perp was no longer a threat, because he was backing away. The old man should have demonstrated better gun safety skills and only fire when he was actually in danger.

Florida's stand your ground law is bullshit, and it lets irresponsible gun owners become vigilantes who are above the law.
    Last edited by Putin-Chan; 2018-07-22 at 09:30 PM.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

I am 100% against the stand your ground laws and other variations of it, because there is too much ambiguity. Even most law enforcement in Florida are against it but they have to follow the law as written by the state of Florida.

I think this is just another case that proves you can't be trusted with guns so they should be removed, also think that in this case the guy deserves to go to prison for the remainder of his life.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Even most law enforcement in Florida are against it but they have to follow the law as written by the state of Florida.
    Isn't SYG law present in like 90% of the states?

The sheriff just had a press conference where he said there will be no charges against Michael Drejka cause his actions fall under the stand your ground law.

So that's that.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Older people are really anal about handicapped spots. Even if they're not handicapped themselves. It's the most obnoxious thing. I don't have any trouble imagining any of this playing out.

It's not just about people parking in spots when they don't have a permit, either. These guys are judgmental shitlords who see themselves as the highest authority for handicapped parking, deciding who fits the requirement to park and who doesn't. Spoiler alert: if you're not a senior citizen or confined to a wheel chair, you probably don't meet their requirements.

Source: am a guy with a handicap permit that has nearly gotten into 3 different fistfights with 3 different old dudes about being in a handicapped spot. Two of them were before I even got out of my car or gave them any idea of how handicapped or not I may be.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Isn't SYG law present in like 90% of the states?
    Not 90%. 34 states do. Most have a Castle Law however. Ohio does not have a Stand your Ground law for one, but does a Castle law.
    46 states have a Castle law.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Older people are really anal about handicapped spots. Even if they're not handicapped themselves. It's the most obnoxious thing. I don't have any trouble imagining any of this playing out.

It's not just about people parking in spots when they don't have a permit, either. These guys are judgmental shitlords who see themselves as the highest authority for handicapped parking, deciding who fits the requirement to park and who doesn't. Spoiler alert: if you're not a senior citizen or confined to a wheel chair, you probably don't meet their requirements.

Source: am a guy with a handicap permit that has nearly gotten into 3 different fistfights with 3 different old dudes about being in a handicapped spot. Two of them were before I even got out of my car or gave them any idea of how handicapped or not I may be.
    I assume you have a sticker/ windshield hanger or license plate with a handicap icon on it? My wife has severe RA disease and has a handicap thing we hang on the review mirror. But it is only for her. If I drive to town by myself, I do not use it or park in a handicap spot.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2018-07-23 at 03:35 AM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Not 90%. 34 states do. Most have a Castle Law however. Ohio does not have a Stand your Ground law for one, but does a Castle law.
    46 states have a Castle law.
    OK I went and checked and saw this:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Stand-your-ground_law_by_US_jurisdiction.svg

WTF is "stand your ground in practice"?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    So he was upset about black people parking in a handicapped spot.

Where's @adam86shadow?

Another thing black people do that pisses people off is cut in line. Some black people not all, I've had black people apologize to me for other black people cutting in line, I told them no worries.

I wish he wouldn't have shot that man, I wish they wouldn't park in a handicapped spot unless they were allowed to.
    If you think a lack of manners is exclusive to black people, you are crazy. I'd be more inclined to believe that the rudest people on the world are still Chinese nationals and people.from India, based on my experience.

Handicap spaces are serious buisness.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Deleted
    Push a guy to the ground, gets shot.
    How bout we blame the guy pushing the other guy to the ground instead of the guy defending him self?