Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I wonder how old Jaina is at this point in the Lore.

Anyone got a clue about her age?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

early forties iirc, or just turning fourty.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I don't think Sylvanas should sing the Lament of the Highborne for her song if there is one. I think her song should be in English so no one has to stare at subtitles while trying to follow the action.

I think, instead, it would be pretty cool to have a full on funeral dirge about the Banshee Queen, possibly sung by humans telling the story of Sylvanas to their kids like a bogeyman...

Meanwhile it'd be great to have Azshara's song follow the same pattern, but be a Nelfy Folk Song.

same, i think we will only have the Jaina one in music Sylvanas and Azshara in a normal way. they creat the song daughter of the sea and kul tiras pnj sing it, this show was a good way to make us listen it.
    Last edited by Niaraa; 2018-07-24 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I believe we're in year 33 - and she was born 3 years prior to the Dark Portal, making her 36ish.
    Last edited by Villager720; 2018-07-24 at 01:41 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I believe we're in year 33 - and she was born 3 years prior to the Dark Portal, making her 36ish.
    That's right, I keep forgetting how small the gap is lore wise between each xpac.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Genkisei View Post
    Directly on top of the portal.

We literally had times where there were no demons at all.

I am 100% serious
    https://imgur.com/a/y6Jw9sD?

So am I. Though it actually killed you much further from the portal than I remembered. And no demons at all most certainly sounds like a bug.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2018-07-24 at 01:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

She was listed as 23 in a Reign of Chaos. In game that supposedly was 13 years ago. So she should be 36 in BfA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Yeah, they totally worry about people comparing her to a character from a 2014 movie?
    Perhaps. On an unconscious level.

Quote Originally Posted by Eradicator3 View Post
    Silithus is a contested territory so any conflict there can't begin a war while the Horde is attacking Darkshore which is alliance territory
    That's not how this works. At all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Sylvanas should sing the Lament of the Highborne for her song if there is one. I think her song should be in English so no one has to stare at subtitles while trying to follow the action.

I think, instead, it would be pretty cool to have a full on funeral dirge about the Banshee Queen, possibly sung by humans telling the story of Sylvanas to their kids like a bogeyman...

Meanwhile it'd be great to have Azshara's song follow the same pattern, but be a Nelfy Folk Song.
    If all three are musical, I certainly hope they compose new pieces and don't just reuse "Lament of the Highborne" or "Nightsong" and I hope they're stylistically and thematically unique, not just more human folk songs / sea shanties.

I'm more curious about how they'll play with thematic overlap. Obviously all three failed their own people and were transformed by war.

They seem to be playing up undeath/decay in all three, with the spirits and ghost ship in Jaina, the Scourge in Sylvanas, and what appear to be drowning withered in Azshara.

I wonder if the Sylvanas short will feature anything that can be interpreted as the whisperings of the void. Perhaps it will involve Alleria?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Loved her raising the massive ship off of Theramore. I like that Blizzard made the wooden ship of her father so massive. They seem to be moving her away from her frost mage visuals with this expansion... perhaps not wanting her to be compared to the character in Frozen? Just a thought.
    Let it go seems to be the statement they are looking for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Holy shit she is a hag. Now we know what her real motivation is - frustration and desperate search for a man. Any man.

That is exactly what we see in actual lore

Deleted
    One thing that is consistent to both the comic and the video so far and is kinda neglected by everyone : Jaina is in line with her father's views and policies now. His views, his decisions everything in Jaina's mind are justified and she is going to follow in his footsteps. She is also in line with the way Kul Tiran's view the facts. She didnt go to Kul Tiras to try and explain, reason, bring her people in line with Anduin's "get-rid-of-Sylvanas-and-peace-for-all" policy. She went there to redeem herself , actually accepting the fact that she was the mistaken one and not her father. She is not just the daughter that regrets having her father executed for his crimes and goes to atone about it to her mother and her people. She is there as the daughter who wishes she shared her father views before all these tragedies happened.
    From now on the Alliance are a tool for her. She gets on the Kul Tiran ship to wage all out war now whatever the cost regardless of Anduin's plans and views.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    One thing that is consistent to both the comic and the video so far and is kinda neglected by everyone : Jaina is in line with her father's views and policies now. His views, his decisions everything in Jaina's mind are justified and she is going to follow in his footsteps. She is also in line with the way Kul Tiran's view the facts. She didnt go to Kul Tiras to try and explain, reason, bring her people in line with Anduin's "get-rid-of-Sylvanas-and-peace-for-all" policy. She went there to redeem herself , actually accepting the fact that she was the mistaken one and not her father. She is not just the daughter that regrets having her father executed for his crimes and goes to atone about it to her mother and her people. She is there as the daughter who wishes she shared her father views before all these tragedies happened.
    From now on the Alliance are a tool for her. She gets on the Kul Tiran ship to wage all out war now whatever the cost regardless of Anduin's plans and views.
    I really hope you're right...

Also, @Aucald... I kinda screwed up. I forgot that in the comic she starts, and ends, in Theramore with Kul'tiras sandwiched in the middle. Her Mom didn't put the pendant on that sword... she might have back in WC3.

That's why the dock is ruined. And why there's bodies in the water and purple lines in the ground and ghosts flying around... 'cause no one ever tried to clean up or repair after the mana bombing. Theramore has just been this disgusting hellhole since it was bombed to rubble.

Soooo that's a thing! It's also where her father's ship sank, and where his body was buried. And now I really want it to become a raid-zone where we fight against the ghosts of Theramore as both Alliance and Horde. The launching point of the Fleet of the Dead...
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Also, @Aucald... I kinda screwed up. I forgot that in the comic she starts, and ends, in Theramore with Kul'tiras sandwiched in the middle. Her Mom didn't put the pendant on that sword... she might have back in WC3.

That's why the dock is ruined. And why there's bodies in the water and purple lines in the ground and ghosts flying around... 'cause no one ever tried to clean up or repair after the mana bombing. Theramore has just been this disgusting hellhole since it was bombed to rubble.

Soooo that's a thing! It's also where her father's ship sank, and where his body was buried. And now I really want it to become a raid-zone where we fight against the ghosts of Theramore as both Alliance and Horde. The launching point of the Fleet of the Dead...
    No worries - this particular "Warbringers" video seems very open to speculation, I also wasn't sure where we were in location or timeframe on my first viewing. As for Theramore, with its foundations essentially irradiated by intense Arcane energies (e.g. the violet glowing rubble, spatial anomalies in and around the area, and probably similar disturbances to Kirin'var village in Outland) I highly doubt anyone is going to be rebuilding on the site anytime soon. The sargasso where the wrecked Kul Tiran fleet that came to Kalimdor appears to be near to Theramore, probably a place assiduously avoided by Jaina and her people until her appearance here.

That being said, a place like the ruins of Theramore would be an interesting set-piece for an instance or raid in the future.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    I have no idea how people like the song so much. There was absolutely no harmony in the mid part with everyone singing same time. Considering all the music blizzard has done over the years this goes to the bottom.
    Exactly this, I was baffled how bad it was was. What's the deal with that shitty music

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Leodric View Post
    Exactly this, I was baffled how bad it was was. What's the deal with that shitty music
    It's a melancholy version of what would be considered a sailor's shanty - in which solo and choral portions of the song tend to overlap in a call-and-response type of measure. Shanties were typically performed as a sailing crew went about their tasks on the deck of a ship as overseen by the bosun.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It's a melancholy version of what would be considered a sailor's shanty - in which solo and choral portions of the song tend to overlap in a call-and-response type of measure. Shanties were typically performed as a sailing crew went about their tasks on the deck of a ship as overseen by the bosun.
    ^This

Also it was presented as if a bunch of ghostly deckhands were singing it, rather than a paid choir of professional musicians. If Blizz had wanted it to be some beautiful maiden singing into a microphone in a soundproofed chamber they easily could've done that... but it wouldn't have had the gravitas or the natural feeling of a group of men singing about the Daughter of the Sea as they manned belaying pins and scrubbed the deck y'lily livered landlubber!
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I was searching for some on youtube and they just didn't sound as "off" as it was in the warbringer vid. I like the video, but they could have done a better job with the song/sound in my opinion.

Also, getting a bit tired of the "evil jaina" narrative. I really hope they are going to do some big stuff with her, can't bear to watch more sequences, quests, videos or whatever showing how mad or crazy Jaina becomes. Feels like they are trying to push it for so many years now without any move forward. In before a boss encounter against old god corrupted Sylvanas + Jaina in the same fight. Forums would implode because of the combined energy of all buttblasted fanbois.