Thread: Release date

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I wouldn't expect it until at the eariest mid BFA and likely during the tail end of BFA (So a year-ish from now eariest a 1.5 years roughly at the longest). Mostly depending on how the expansion is going. If it is a sinking ship like all the negitive folks are saying it will be classic will release sooner to push some sand on the poop. If BFA ends up being in the ball park of a success Legion was than likely not until its final year of sitting around doing nothing time.
    exactly this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    Except you don't use logic when making predictions......so your predictions are more of a wild dream because calling them a guess is just insulting.....And that is the difference between you and Edison he used logic and made educated predictions to you throw a dart at a board method and then trying to justify it with details that are completely wrong and fabricated.....please crawl back into your hole and reappear when there is an announcement because you contribute nothing.
    Ummm.. no?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Classic will still be there for the live players who want to play once they run out of stuff to do on live.

- - - Updated - - -

Except they way they do it is pretty shit and wouldn't work well for an actual game release. Blizzard is doing it right... it's just that in order to do it right it takes time. More time than those scam servers would ever attempt to put in.
    I agree with you but what he said is just not the same thing, new content vs old content in a new jacket. I'm not even saying new content is "harder" to do as getting all the vanilla stuff to today's standards might even be more work but I do understand why to most it feels like it should be easier even though it's probably not.

But with the early announcement people got their hopes up and I think it will take atleast another year if not longer and that hope turns to anger real fast online, not really fair but that's just how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    My feeling, is that just like the FF7 remake, this was announced too soon.
    I mean there's no such thing as too soon regarding overly hyped and desired games. It's better that people know it is coming rather than people throwing insults because they want something.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I mean there's no such thing as too soon regarding overly hyped and desired games. It's better that people know it is coming rather than people throwing insults because they want something.
    Duke Nukem Forever says hi.

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Duke Nukem Forever says hi.
    That's different. That got put in Development Hell for a cavalcade of reasons rather than was announced too soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    My feeling, is that just like the FF7 remake, this was announced too soon.
    Well work on it hadn't even formally begun when Blizz announced it. They outright said 'we're still building a team, but we finally figured out the right way to do this.' I think they announced it just to shut people up (the people clamoring for WoW Classic I mean), in much the same way Bethesda/Todd Howard announced ES6 to get people off their backs about that. Not that it worked... there's more topics and more arguing about WoW classic now, than there ever was before they announced it.

On-topic, I'm guessing late 2019 at the earliest. They aren't going to steal the thunder of their own expansion launch.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2018-07-27 at 04:36 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

That's different. That got put in Development Hell for a cavalcade of reasons rather than was announced too soon.
    Oh. Are we going to pretend that development hell isn't a direct result of poor management by its developers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Except they way they do it is pretty shit and wouldn't work well for an actual game release. Blizzard is doing it right... it's just that in order to do it right it takes time. More time than those scam servers would ever attempt to put in.
    This. Exactly this.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh. Are we going to pretend that development hell isn't a direct result of poor management by its developers?
    Its irrelevant either way. WoW Classic isn't in 'development hell.'
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Pretty sure the development hell is more of a direct result of the Quake 2 Engine having major problems working with one of the stages they wanted to do, necessitating a switch to the Unreal Engine. Then the prolonged development time just piled on issues and financial strain that made the whole mess what it was.

We are looking at May/June 2019 I bet.

Also now we finally know the cost of classic which is sweet, just a sub fee with no game purchase.

Anniversary 2019/2020. There's no way they'll release it this year with BfA being new, or any major patch over the next 10-12 months.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you seriously suggesting that people should throw insults if they haven't heard anything about a desired game form a company? This sounds like a good way to be a terrible human being.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    On-topic, I'm guessing late 2019 at the earliest. They aren't going to steal the thunder of their own expansion launch.
    Agreed. Late 2019 if I were a betting man.
    Here is something to believe in!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Back end of 2019/early 2020. Won't be any sooner than that.
    Agree with this, BFA will come out and people will be playing and resubbing and qutting from patch to patch. When the final patch content drought hits, however, I think that's when they will release classic.

Are you seriously suggesting that people should throw insults if they haven't heard anything about a desired game form a company? This sounds like a good way to be a terrible human being.
    Don't put words in my mouth, thank you. I didn't "suggest" anything, I pointed out a fact. For years Vanilla fanboi's or Private Server Heroes wined, bitched, and insulted Blizzard for them to make Vanilla servers. This is a fact. They announced it and the majority of the people who bitched and insulted Blizzard stopped, shocking how fan service works right? The issue now is that certain people, who are the minority of the Vanilla community, are bitching about wanting more info.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't put words in my mouth, thank you. I didn't "suggest" anything, I pointed out a fact. For years Vanilla fanboi's or Private Server Heroes wined, bitched, and insulted Blizzard for them to make Vanilla servers. This is a fact. They announced it and the majority of the people who bitched and insulted Blizzard stopped, shocking how fan service works right? The issue now is that certain people, who are the minority of the Vanilla community, are bitching about wanting more info.
    Thanks for the clarity, I retract my earlier comment.

That said though, I don't think that throwing insults and whining are the best way to get a desired result. I'll acknowledge that in some cases it works, but you sure look like an asshole if you do it.
    Here is something to believe in!

Thanks for the clarity, I retract my earlier comment.

That said though, I don't think that throwing insults and whining are the best way to get a desired result. I'll acknowledge that in some cases it works, but you sure look like an asshole if you do it.
    Unfortunately it's the only thing that works with Blizzard. It's timelessly proven that calm, collected feedback doesn't attract their attention. A great example is Elemental Shaman in BFA, the creator of Storm, Earth, and Lava(which is widely regarded as the best Shaman website) made a very detailed post explaining the downfalls of Elemental moving into BFA and gave information on how to possibly fix certain issues regarding the fact that Elemental is barely able to beat tanks outside of sustained AoE at 120. The feedback got entirely ignored by the Developers and the following 2 weeks of beta patches they nerfed Elemental Shamans damage aura twice.

Meanwhile if you look at the history of negative and nasty feedback, for example when they decided to not put flying into Warlords of Draenor, within a week they had dozens of threads filled with rage and toxic behavior and within those same 7 days they had to come out and reverse their statement saying that they would indeed add flying to Warlords.

Does it make you look like an asshole? Sure, sometimes. But it's the only proven form of feedback that has results with Blizzard specifically.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately it's the only thing that works with Blizzard. It's timelessly proven that calm, collected feedback doesn't attract their attention. A great example is Elemental Shaman in BFA, the creator of Storm, Earth, and Lava(which is widely regarded as the best Shaman website) made a very detailed post explaining the downfalls of Elemental moving into BFA and gave information on how to possibly fix certain issues regarding the fact that Elemental is barely able to beat tanks outside of sustained AoE at 120. The feedback got entirely ignored by the Developers and the following 2 weeks of beta patches they nerfed Elemental Shamans damage aura twice.

Meanwhile if you look at the history of negative and nasty feedback, for example when they decided to not put flying into Warlords of Draenor, within a week they had dozens of threads filled with rage and toxic behavior and within those same 7 days they had to come out and reverse their statement saying that they would indeed add flying to Warlords.

Does it make you look like an asshole? Sure, sometimes. But it's the only proven form of feedback that has results with Blizzard specifically.
    Blizzard are Blizzard, and they know best. I don't mean that literally, that's just what they think. Can't even count the amount of times that issues for balance and game issues have been reported on beta and had near perfect resolutions proposed only to be completely ignored and made it into live. Blizzard don't give a shit and that's why the game has lost so many sub's over the years, balancing issues are not addressed or take so long to be changed that people just give up.

I've heard that on Fortnite they change things every week and constantly check on the balance and viability of stuff, I know it's a shooting game but goddamn there used to be people suggesting changes and improvements every week directly to Blizzard back in the day. Really makes me think how popular the game would still be if Blizzard actually listened and stop being so damn arrogant all the time. Those clowns Ghostcrawler and Holinka are prime examples for PvP...

Also, the amount of times they overcompensate and make some completely stupid change that gets reverted or changed again a few weeks later! (Marksman Hunters and Aimed Shot in first patch of Cataclysm, for example!)
    Last edited by TJ; 2018-07-27 at 09:52 PM.

Hopefully beta after few weeks after blizzcon

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    hopefully never
    Oof so salty! Why not let others have their fun?

Somewhere around June 2019 would be my quess