Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    A bunch of crybabies complaining about a patch =/= something investors give a crap about.
    Correct. If the customer of the said company isn't happy, then investors have something to give a crap about. Those customers are what drives that business they take part in with their shares. If that company is having complaints and people saying theyre pulling out. IE cancelling subs or not buying their next product IE BFA, they will care. This is simple but thank you for dumbing it down for the kiddos in this forum!

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Let the OP serve as a warning example to other resident haters of MMO-C. In the end, you'll end up desperate, spouting nonsense to justify your own feels over reals-approach to life. And the game will still chug along.
    Actually the stocks are plummeting. It's weird that you're on the internet, completely capable of looking up such things, yet you choose to sit in ignorance and blindly defend something that you could verify yourself in less than 30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Senshenzu View Post
    Im not saying their stock is collapsing fool. Im saying that the complaints from prepatch has shown in their stocks. Do the 5 days. What has happened? Oh wait 5 dollar decrease. Im wondering what that is from. Please do not respond back, if you think that post was intelligent. Im sorry you have a 5th grade IQ of 57!
    Blizzard-stock-is-sinking!!!-)
    Ah okay, now it all makes sense!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

They don't even ask why you want to quit the game if u unsub. Maybe a warning to this will be the last expansion

Whatever you say fool.
    Take a look at 1 year or 5 year graph - do you think the investors are dissapointed? Corrections ALWAYS happends on the way up. Shame I sold my stock in Blizzard at 10$. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/ATVI/?guccounter=1

Let the OP serve as a warning example to other resident haters of MMO-C. In the end, you'll end up desperate, spouting nonsense to justify your own feels over reals-approach to life. And the game will still chug along.
    Let me state clearly. Im not saying WoW is going to die because of this. Nor do I hate MMO's. Im saying, the bad PR and compalints of this prepatch had caught investors eyes and have dropped their stocks. Thats all im saying. Im saying that the community has influeneced the market place, and have shown that they have a influence, on decisions. But believe what you want. Half of you fools are making me laugh with the posts, you guys post!

For those of you who say I do not have an understanding of stocks, you're clearly delusional. I forgot we live in the age of information where all you need to do is open a tab in your browser and type in Activison Blizzard stock to find out how it has sunk. Then when you do that you see articles of bad publicity. You see investors buy and sell stock on their future. Recently a lot of bad attention has been brought, affecting the price, so people are pulling out quickly because they fear a further loss. That is evident in the reason of why a large 5 dollar decrease happened on something investors would have thought an increase would have come out of . If you kiddos want me to explain further I can. But this just shows how moronic you WOW kids are.
    tps://www.marketwatch.com/story/7-companies-hurt-by-bad-publicity-2014-08-18 Just to help you with understanding bad PR.
    NASDAQ: ATVI Blizzard Stock.
    https://www.investopedia.com/article...rket-works.asp Simple understanding of stocks.
    OK old , old people do lose their memory with age and you have reached you stage .
    why ? This 2018 not 2014 , a person with working mind always mention a valid and meaningful source at the time of creating a thread.
    It is also easy for some one to search "stock" in google and link investopedia link

Quote Originally Posted by LexiSwe View Post
    They don't even ask why you want to quit the game if u unsub. Maybe a warning to this will be the last expansion
    I bet you'll be saying the same once 9.0 rolls out. Wishful thinking is strong.

It's more likely they realized that putting out a good product > asking every average Joe that unsubs in cycles WHY they unsub. The years that went by during which they DID ask, probably provided them all the data they needed.

Let me state clearly. Im not saying WoW is going to die because of this. Nor do I hate MMO's. Im saying, the bad PR and compalints of this prepatch had caught investors eyes and have dropped their stocks. Thats all im saying. Im saying that the community has influeneced the market place, and have shown that they have a influence, on decisions. But believe what you want. Half of you fools are making me laugh with the posts, you guys post!
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...fficially-dead

They had said WoW classic would never be a thing. Today it is. WoW has had so many quit, that they're trying as hard as they can to bring back people. Its funny as hell. The best part about this is not only will it divide the communtiy more, but just be a complete dud. I honestly cant wait! I have said it before, and many others. If you go look at realm status of servers and how many 110s were made WoW has only 2million active subs. Thats PATHETIC, and now they have to catch everybody again.

P.S. Yes WoW is milking the few suckers who are willing to play through Legions endless grind, you're its final lifeline so congrats!
    Yeah okay.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by uxzuigal View Post
    Take a look at 1 year or 5 year graph - do you think the investors are dissapointed? Corrections ALWAYS happends on the way up. Shame I sold my stock in Blizzard at 10$. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/ATVI/?guccounter=1
    Investors are always mad. A 5 dollar loss from a prepatch that was supposed to raise stock prices and indicate a good future will have investors mad. Im not saying that investing in Blizzard isnt a good idea. Im saying that theyre mad that this happened, and it shows. Again youre a fool. I think ive obliterated 20 of you now. Keep the comments chugging along, another fool another day!

Quote Originally Posted by YouAreSick View Post
    Actually the stocks are plummeting. It's weird that you're on the internet, completely capable of looking up such things, yet you choose to sit in ignorance and blindly defend something that you could verify yourself in less than 30 seconds.
    I think I'll trust the other posters in the thread whom show greater understanding of these things, than the mindless haters club.

The OP's called out several posters as "fools" in this thread. I think we've found out Mr. T's MMO-Champ's account!

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    And the point is? I was correct! WoW is in actual terms brain dead. However thats for another discussion. Brain dead in stocks is a term we use. Ive been taking notice with this company since I invested in 2002. Is what it is. Most games cannot die, rather become stagnat and brain dead. They make small money, and that is what they have to go on. That posts shows that 2million are still active at most and will constantly play the game through thick and thin. A brain dead game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellus View Post
    Wasn't speaking specifically to Blizzard but Activision & Blizzard in General. WoW makes good money, but Activision has a roster of their own flagship games that are comparable in revenue. Blizzard as a sole entity earns about a third of the revenue Activision does (Source). Big focus on Overwatch League and CoD (Source)
    If I'm not mistaken the Activision-Blizzard profit split is roughly 1/3 each for Activision/Blizzard/King (yeah mobile makes that much too), but those numbers are easily found in the company's quarterly or annual reports. ATVI's recent negative stock action has mostly been due to questions over eSports (how fast will revenue from this grow) and the Fortnite competition question (which is arguably silly, no one game has ever killed off all competition, but it's still a valid question for how gaming tastes are evolving).

Activision-Blizzard stopped reporting both sub numbers and revenues from WoW a long time ago. It isn't even their largest revenue source anymore within Blizzard. Anyone trying correlate the changing value of ATVI stock with development of WoW is comparable to Chicken Little (both in the negative and positive directions)...

Short history of ATVI stocks this year (peaks)
    Jan around 70
    Feb around 65
    Mar around 80
    Apr around 65
    May around 70
    Jun around 75
    Jul around 80

Doubt anybody is worried much with it fluctuating a bit between a 2 and 4 % loss, hell they were worth 72 dollars orso on June 5 and 77 on june 10.
    Last edited by Amorac; 2018-07-27 at 07:59 PM.
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~

I think I'll trust the other posters in the thread whom show greater understanding of these things, than the mindless haters club.
    Not really. Those who have had something to say have been proven wrong is what it is. Believe what you guys want. Im done with you fools. Youre clearly average in intelligence and or have never invested anything into stocks. Let me finish with this. If youre going to be investing I would check Fed rates currently. I would look at past time Peak of fed rates. Thats a good market indicator of what will happen in the future with the stock market. Thank you for showing me on a lot of my posts why I still call you guys sheep!

And the point is? I was correct! WoW is in actual terms brain dead. However thats for another discussion. Brain dead in stocks is a term we use. Ive been taking notice with this company since I invested in 2002. Is what it is. Most games cannot die, rather become stagnat and brain dead. They make small money, and that is what they have to go on. That posts shows that 2million are still active at most and will constantly play the game through thick and thin. A brain dead game.
    They had said WoW classic would never be a thing. Today it is. WoW has had so many quit, that they're trying as hard as they can to bring back people. Its funny as hell. The best part about this is not only will it divide the communtiy more, but just be a complete dud. I honestly cant wait! I have said it before, and many others. If you go look at realm status of servers and how many 110s were made WoW has only 2million active subs. Thats PATHETIC, and now they have to catch everybody again.

P.S. Yes WoW is milking the few suckers who are willing to play through Legions endless grind, you're its final lifeline so congrats!
    Yeah sounds pretty dead to me.

Again, any sources to back the claims up...?
    https://investor.activision.com/news...2018-financial

This is the best you can get to answer this question as they'd never say otherwise. The only part that could show us, is the PC v Console and that is all the games.

For Blizzard PC wins, but overall King's mobile is way above all Blizzard revenues, and Activision's Console is way over Blizzard. So it depends on how you frame the question. Is WoW Activision Blizzards king cash crop? The Answer is probably no. Is it the highest earner in the Blizzard only portion. I don't know they don't break it down. But I'd say it is either ahead or close with OW/Stone (depending on the quarter, this one is including pre-orders for BfA.

The only other thing that might give us an idea is looking at the regional break down, where the EU (the biggest wow geograhpic region) is lower than all other regions for blizzard. But they did say that WoW was up at this point over the last expansion point, that BfA pre-orders were higher than expected and that in game purchses remain strong. Overall looks like Candy Crush is still killing it. It really is hard to say without seeing their individual finances. what I can say is that WoW doesn't carry the ship, it contributes, but so does Hearthstone and Overwatch. Blizzard would survive if WoW stopped where 5 years ago, that might not have been true.

Leaving aside your obvious ignorance of basic economics and what stock even is... If you are so happy to see blizzard fail, why are you even in these forums? Can't think of a worse thing to do with my free time than gravitating around forums related to things that I hate with a passion.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really. Those who have had something to say have been proven wrong is what it is. Believe what you guys want. Im done with you fools. Youre clearly average in intelligence and or have never invested anything into stocks. Let me finish with this. If youre going to be investing I would check Fed rates currently. I would look at past time Peak of fed rates. Thats a good market indicator of what will happen in the future with the stock market. Thank you for showing me on a lot of my posts why I still call you guys sheep!
    *uses one "technical" word, with a lot of grammatical mistakes* "I sound so smart now!"

If you can't explains something with simple terms, you don't understand it well enough.

Is thread owner suffering from ability to link a source ?? or even a valid source ??
    even previous thread had no source