Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I don’t think that Sylvanas knows about the “secret baby” or that she started this war to draw out Bolvar, who, by the way, sits in his citadel practically alone. If she wanted to, she could have led the entirety of the Horde over there to kick that glorified babysitter’s ass.
    I do think that he would play a part in future though, but I doubt that he would ever take a clear side of one faction again. He is allied with the Ebon Blade for now.

Guess ya'll havent read the book
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Deathrange View Post
    That is a bad speculation based on nothing. Bolvar was a Paladin - who were extremely highly ranked and presiteges at the time - not a simple footman who you would have to hide your relationship over.
    To be fair, do we actually know he was important back then? Because we only really know who Bolvar is in Vanilla, and we know NOTHING about his life prior to becoming the regent of Stormwind for Anduin. Who's to say that at that time he wasn't just some no name footman who became important in the aftermath of the Third War? We know nothing either way so we'll just have to wait and see but it does seem extremely coincidental that we now know of a young daughter of his that was raised in Kul Tiras and no mention of a mother, and then we have Calia retell a very similar story from a mother's perspective... Idk if they will make it happen but blizz isn't known for their subtlety and this seems about as subtle as a tauren rogue.

Attacking Anduin to draw Bolvar out before he could consolidate more power is a twist I could maybe get behind if they had actually started laying hints that she has some sort of interest in taking down Bolvar, but they haven't so it seems unlikely. It's still much more interesting than most of the speculation(and crazy headcanon) around Sylvanas though. I'm pretty disappointed we haven't really seen Sylvanas react to the Ebon Blade infiltrating her city and stealing her side piece away from her.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamespud View Post
    To be fair, do we actually know he was important back then? Because we only really know who Bolvar is in Vanilla, and we know NOTHING about his life prior to becoming the regent of Stormwind for Anduin. Who's to say that at that time he wasn't just some no name footman who became important in the aftermath of the Third War? We know nothing either way so we'll just have to wait and see but it does seem extremely coincidental that we now know of a young daughter of his that was raised in Kul Tiras and no mention of a mother, and then we have Calia retell a very similar story from a mother's perspective... Idk if they will make it happen but blizz isn't known for their subtlety and this seems about as subtle as a tauren rogue.
    Also he could've been a no-name footman when they got together and a paladin some time later. Or since she doesn't just outright say her husband's name for no apparent reason she might be lying about him being a footman to conceal his identity.

We have no way of knowing.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Well it's a good thing the ebon blade where all stealthy about it when they broke into the UC...

Sooooo during the whole course of Bolvar and Anduin and Varian being in Stormwind, she didnt come out of hiding. Nor was her fate revealed during the 2nd half of the battle for undercity, which would have made Varians, Stormwind, andthe Alliance case even stronger. Nor after Lick Kings downfall, of which the full details had to be own by those there, and at least Thrall and Wyrnn.

Yea that makes sense. It wont Bolvar.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Sooooo during the whole course of Bolvar and Anduin and Varian being in Stormwind, she didnt come out of hiding. Nor was her fate revealed during the 2nd half of the battle for undercity, which would have made Varians, Stormwind, andthe Alliance case even stronger. Nor after Lick Kings downfall, of which the full details had to be own by those there, and at least Thrall and Wyrnn.

What are you saying?

Replying to people who think Bolvar was her husband and that Bolvar kid is a Calias kid.

Replying to people who think Bolvar was her husband and that Bolvar kid is a Calias kid.
    But.. what were you actually saying? Were you saying that it doesn't make sense that Taelia would remain in Kul Tiras since Bolvar moved to Stormwind in Vanilla.. because I agree but its not even speculation that she is his daughter it's literally confirmed. The debate is whether or not she is also Calia's daughter and that Calia's mystery footman husband is Bolvar. We know the connection between Taelia and Bolvar just not with Calia.

5+ Year Old Account

Calia thinks her husband and daughter are dead at Southshore, which is part of Lordaeron.

Bolvar sent his daughter to Kul'tiras and thinks his wife died while he fled Lordaeron.

Taelia doesn't know if her father is alive or dead, but thinks her mother is dead... in Lordaeron.

Calia kept her husband's and her daughter's names secret in Before the Storm. Not as an explicit "I will never tell you!" type deal. She just didn't say them. Kind of odd to not mention the names of two of the most important people in your life. Similarly, Bolvar never speaks his Wife's name aloud, and Taelia never does, either. It reads like the writers are setting us up for the "Shocking Reveal" of who her husband and daughter are.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

No im saying that Calia isnt Bolvars wife. I Know that taelia is Bolvars daughter, just not hers. Because if Blizz does that direction, husband wife and kid, it makes less than zero sense. None.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    To be honest, Bolvar has not really been more than a minor character since Wrath. For most people, his entire existence is foreign, so it would be odd if Sylvanases entire background for her behavier is because she is trying to bait him out.

Truth be told, i would not be surprised if Bolvar is just supposed to be a minor DK character and nothing more.
    I'd be surprised if he WAS just meant to be a minor DK character. The DK campaign was pretty clear that Bolvar is getting more active and competent than Arthas ever was. If the DKs didn't take his advice and instructions to heart he would have sent the Scourge out of Northrend to fight the Legion himself. That's not a minor threat.

Sylvanas knows there's a new Lich King, but I don't think she knows it's Bolvar.

Calia was in hiding. She didn't know what was going on in Azeroth-she wouldn't go near civilization until after she met Faol, which we're unclear on the timing of. Also the details of the Arthas' fall are absolutely not known by the people of Azeroth, except for a select few. Everyone was told that "The Lich King is dead, and Bolvar Fordragon died with him." If Calia heard anything of Bolvar, that was likely all she heard. There was a lot left fuzzy in Before the Storm, so while it's by no means certain it's not impossible.

I was.of the understanding that apart from Highlord Mograine and the Death Lord. No-one knows the Lich King still stands, especially as Bolvar.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Calia was in hiding. She didn't know what was going on in Azeroth-she wouldn't go near civilization until after she met Faol, which we're unclear on the timing of. Also the details of the Arthas' fall are absolutely not known by the people of Azeroth, except for a select few. Everyone was told that "The Lich King is dead, and Bolvar Fordragon died with him." If Calia heard anything of Bolvar, that was likely all she heard. There was a lot left fuzzy in Before the Storm, so while it's by no means certain it's not impossible.
    Yes, a select few. Guaranted that Varian and Thrall had to have know. And if Varian knew that she was, he would have taken UC. There was no way that he wouldnt. He considered Bolvar his brother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Furthermore some speculate that Calia is Taelia's mother and the wife to Bolvar.
    That was a cool idea, but the Horde crushed Southshore after the Cataclysm. Bolvar became Lich King before, and Calia says her husband was allegedly there, no?
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

Yes, a select few. Guaranted that Varian and Thrall had to have know. And if Varian knew that she was, he would have taken UC. There was no way that he wouldnt. He considered Bolvar his brother.
    I think the theory posits that Bolvar believed Calia dead. If he and Taelia survived an attack in which they were separated, it's likely that he'd have searched for Calia, and evidently didn't find her. He must have presumed her dead.

Draw out the Lich King..........With Ashbringer nothing but a shiney now and Tirion dead..........I can't see how anything could possibly go wrong! It's not like we all died that time or anything......
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I think the theory posits that Bolvar believed Calia dead. If he and Taelia survived an attack in which they were separated, it's likely that he'd have searched for Calia, and evidently didn't find her. He must have presumed her dead.
    Thats the only way it could makes sense, barely. And I really hope it doesnt go that way/ Not everyone has to be connected to everyone.