Page 2 of 86 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    No one would be mad right now if they had simply said she was the final boss like they did for Garrosh in Mists.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOrcsMatter View Post
    So... When are we getting a new Warchief AGAIN.
    When the Alliance sacks Orgrimmar...AGAIN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Don't worry, i'm sure her fanbase will spin some epic tale of headcanon in an effort to convince you she is still grey-white.

Either way, that is true saturday morning cartoon villainy right there folks.
    Of course they will, it's what they're good at.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    I dunno, even the official lore forums are aghast at the apparent motivation here.
    Oh? back in a bit, i needa go check out that particular dumpster fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Why? Kill. Maim. Burn.

Anyway, that reason to burn it is really disappointing and stupid. ;D
    Now YOU i can respect, embracing the evil. It's the people who try to white knight the entire thing that disgust me.

And yes, it is pretty damn stupid and disappointing.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I want to see the hordies justify this shit.

As for the Sylvanas cinematic, the entire cinematic draws a similarity to the invasion of the Silvermoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sae View Post
    Sylvanas didn't do it!
    And if she did, they deserved it.
    And if they didn't deserve it, she had her reasons.
    And if she doesn't, she's corrupted.

Imagine if Garrosh got this level of apologism. "Garrosh did nothing wrong" is a meme, "Sylvanas did nothing wrong" is 50% of the threads on this forum.
    Garrosh didn't have tits

10+ Year Old Account
    wow lul...

Okay guys, guess the mystery is solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    WAR craft. Say it with me. WAR....craft

He reasoning is just. Horde need a ruthless leader...too pussified by Thrall and Vol'jin. Garrosh was their one time getting it right, it's about time we get back to Good vs Evil.

I joined horde to be evil.
    At least you're honest, most of her fanbase tries to paint her as some innocent little flower like she has never done anything wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Oh for fuck sake blizzard. Way to fuck up the narrative of an entire expansion.

Well nevermind. There's not much else to do now but wait for Siege of Orgrimmar 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorality View Post
    Seems Blizzard can't make any character evil without people complaining that it's poor writing. Pretty sad. It's the Horde...they're savages, they're meant to be "evil". Glad they're finally taking it to the Alliance like they should've been all along.
    Except Sylvanas was never written as a "savage". She always was really strategic, not driven by her emotions, just her goals.

Now, she is getting taunted by an essentially dead soldier to burn a city down, drawing the ire of the Alliance towards her, accomplishing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Where did this "morally grey" meme even begin?
    Ion said that during a Q&A when people complained about Sylvanas being too evil.

So Sylvanas just decided to burn Teldrassil on a whim?

And how fucking overpowered are those catapults to shoot across the sea AND incinerate Teldrassil?
    Ignoring that Horde has been using Demolishers (Yeah, minor continuity issue, but still a fuck up).

Fuck me, Arthas greatest crime was to ressurect Sylvanas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorality View Post
    Seems Blizzard can't make any character evil without people complaining that it's poor writing. Pretty sad. It's the Horde...they're savages, they're meant to be "evil". Glad they're finally taking it to the Alliance like they should've been all along.
    Few people want to be bad guys. It's cool to be that loveble anti-hero Snake Plissken or Sandor Clegane or Magneto, but few want to be Ramsey Bolton.

The Horde were antiheroes since vanilla to wotlk. Starting with Cata they became worse and worse, and now here we are.

I mean this fits Sylvanas and what we've seen of her in the past, problem is it doesn't necessarily fit the Horde in general.

I don't know I always wished the Forsaken could have been their own faction, it would fit pretty well overall, though obviously some story elements would have needed to be changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lok'tar Ogar my ass! That vile bitch has to die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sae View Post
    Sylvanas didn't do it!
    And if she did, they deserved it.
    And if they didn't deserve it, she had her reasons.
    And if she doesn't, she's corrupted.

Imagine if Garrosh got this level of apologism. "Garrosh did nothing wrong" is a meme, "Sylvanas did nothing wrong" is 50% of the threads on this forum.
    Garrosh and Sylvanas are not good characters. That is pretty obvious. I don't defend that. But why should I? I still would want to play a faction with Sylvanas or Garrosh as the leader. I don't need a "can do no wrong" goody faction and a "can do a little bit wrong" goody faction as my 2 factions of choice for an RPG.

"I will rule over the world or burn it down" is a perfectly good reason. I just wish the writing was better.

7+ Year Old Account
    good thing i didn't buy the expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

You know how much I enjoy this whole thing. I already predicted this would really be a Garrosh 2.0 but these ridiculous fanboys of Sylvannas could never accept the truth even if it hit them in the face.

I hope now that you can finally stop the excuses and face reality. It seems that I was right again. This is the Horde that their playerbase deserves when they sent Thrall away with their mindless crying and bitching. Yet another Azeroth Villain that we have to snuff out. I am gonna enjoy making the Lich Warchief my loot piniata and dismantling the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumred View Post
    Lazy writing, I was really hoping they wouldn’t make her Garrosh 2.0 but looks like that is all they know how to do when it comes to the horde.
    nah you are overthinking it

we all know that old gods will apear in BfA so its pretty obviuous both Sylvanas and Jaina got corrupted and are pushing both nations to war

kinda lazy writing though since its so obvious

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    The Horde stopped being noble savages in WOTLK. It has been a downhill from there. If you want to play the good faction, go Alliance.
    I find it troubling that some people care about playing a good faction.. It is a game. You make an orc because you like to look like a monster that hits with an axe.

5+ Year Old Account
    I just laughed when I watched that cinematic. Sylvanas the hope ender? No matter how hard blizzard tries will never make Sylvanas as well written or complex and interesting as Bane from the Dark Knight so give it a bloody rest. It shows these scumfuck writers could've just as easily burned ANY Alliance city, but they, once again, went after the Night Elves because reasons. Christie Golden needs to fall into an open sewer right atop Ion and Afrasiabi.
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard