Page 7 of 86 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Karmic retribution for the Night Elves.
    ya, saving the world form the heaps of parasitic savages that they have to share it with always comes back to bite them in the ass. Maybe this time they'll just embrace Azshara and end the plague of non-elf vermin once and for all.
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard

"Full Retard" level storytelling: Engaged.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apologist View Post
    Ending it with garrosh 2.0 would be much better than them pulling another "Draenor is free"
    both endings are bad
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

I guess it makes sense in context. During the start of the horde questline when your character gets a chance to ask her why she wants to invade, she mentions that she wants a symbol of hope to be extinguished so that the Night Elves and the Alliance don't try to put up much of a fight. In that same exchange, she concludes that Malfurion Stormrage must die. Of course, as things turned out, Malfurion was defeated and subsequently spared by the involvement of Saurfang. It's only when Sylvanas is staring at the tree that the dying night elf reminds her of how Teldrassil is a beacon of life and hope...

I still think it's lazy writing though and doesn't do the characters much justice. I wonder if "Morally Gray" is a meme they share at the blizz storywriting department.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiving Sentinel View Post
    Are we forgetting why Jaina wanted to remove the Sunreavers? Seems like we are. And there was nothing morally questionable about it, what was a problem was she was doing that whilst still technically neutral as a member of the Kirin Tor.
    When you're killing civilians there's absolutely a moral question to it. But i guess it's ok because they were blood elves and not night elves.

Remember when people said "Sylvanas will burn the tree" and Blizz was like "nooooo, we have some surprises" and now it's Sylvanas burning the tree, but for a stupid reason?

Deleted
    Embarrassing from Blizzard. The point of the entire campaign was to capture Teldrassil to prevent it becoming a major Azerite hub for the Alliance and to use it for the Horde's purposes, whilst simultaneously using its citizens as hostages to prevent war. What kind of commander destroys the objective of their entire war? Dumb and pathetically predictable.

Due to Blizzard's insistence that the story isn't going to be a simplistic as all the memes claim I was starting to think it might be a rogue faction of night elves behind it "we'd rather burn it down then give it to them" kinda thing, you know, moral ambiguity on both sides. But no burn it because of one smart ass night elf. Like most have said if Horde are the villains then fine, I'm down with it, just write it properly.
    Last edited by mmoc13d98a5557; 2018-07-31 at 04:04 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    the unification of both factions into an Army of Light lead by Anduin
    This is by far the worst thing that could ever happen. The army of the light is defunct and Anduin sucks.

I'm calling dreadlord on this, just watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    Embarrassing from Blizzard. The point of the entire campaign was to capture Teldrassil to prevent it becoming a major Azerite hub for the Alliance and to use it for the Horde's purposes, whilst simultaneously using its citizens as hostages to prevent war. What kind of commander destroys the objective of their entire war? Dumb and pathetically predictable.

I thought a rogue faction of night elves would be behind it "we'd rather burn it down then give it to them" kinda thing, you know, moral ambiguity on both sides, but no burn it because of one smart ass night elf. Like most have said if Horde are the villains then fine, I'm down with it, just write it properly.
    Before we start raging like whiny nerds let's hope the void is behind this in some fuckin way.

EDIT: Im referring to myself as a whiny nerd

10+ Year Old Account
    What I want to know is how the catapults were powerful enough to launch missiles from Auberdine all the way to Teldrassil.
    Woóds
    <Angered>
    Draenor EU
    Twitter

Remember Blizzard is an indie company they cant afford to pay writers

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by felrager View Post
    When you're killing civilians there's absolutely a moral question to it. But i guess it's ok because they were blood elves and not night elves.
    Except she only killed those who attacked her. The Silver Covenant was the one that chimped out and had their antifa moment. Jaina didn't tell them to do that, Vereesa did.

Also why wouldn't the Night Elves now go full berserk mode and burn everything south of Ashenvale? I mean, the WC3 elves would. But these now are crying in Stormwind park for the next 5 addons?

Also are we now getting Dark Shamans and Dark Druids? Because burning the Tree with such a stupid reason would a prime drive for the Tauren, Druids, and possibly Shamans to quit the Horde. Also were is Thrall and why isn't he doing anything. Or the Aspects? Yeah, they are diminished in power but wtf.

Oh god this gets more and more stupid the longer you think about it. -_-
    Last edited by Hubbl3; 2018-07-31 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Careful, spoilers ahead.

I really like it that Blizzard did not simply made Sylvanas Evil but morally grey so she can still grow as a character. My favorite part was when she killed thousands of innocents because a dying night elf spoke up to her.

This is very good writing and I am very glad that she did not turn into Garrosh 2.0.

Morally Grey.
    Garrosh was actually a fairly well written character. Sylvanas has been an awful character from the start. Her popularity is 100% due to half naked artwork, don't even try to argue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Didn't Ion say that the Horde would be cleared out and feel justice? How is it possible after this?
    Ion loves trolling people

#MorallyGrey

Quote Originally Posted by EllipsisW View Post
    What I want to know is how the catapults were powerful enough to launch missiles from Auberdine all the way to Teldrassil.
    I was thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    both endings are bad
    One is much worse than the other. At least with Siege we had kinda of a continuity and characters having to face the consequences of their actions. The latter pretty much trashes over literally everything that happened in the expansion.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Morally grey my arse..
    I've got underpants that are grayer
    point being they had a multitude of avenues open to them.
    someone in the video thread summed it up for me
    Its a joke war the devs are trying to convince us is needed.

another horde leader that goes bat poop crazy and we all team up to take her down
    Just make Gamon Warchief now please

and with that we have another 2? years of idiots attacking horde players on a personal level because some overpaid idiot at Blizz cannot write a decent story. "anyone who plays horde after what sylvanas did is..."