Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    So, the people who were jumping up n down in excitement of Milo being taken down, now go out of their way to defend pedophile gunn.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    So, the people who were jumping up n down in excitement of Milo being taken down, now go out of their way to defend pedophile gunn.
    Since when did making pedo jokes make someone a pedo?

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Since when did making pedo jokes make someone a pedo?
    You don't put out the sheer volume of kid raping tweets that he did, if it was something he was against. I lost count how many he did n there were a lot more. Sick disgusting individual!

Entire Marvel universe needs rebooted, the taint of James Gunn spreads to all the films. Recast everyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    So Guardians of the Galaxy 3 is probably going to suck cause we can't take a joke today. Terrible jokes, but just jokes and most made in 2009. Before it was Rosanne and now this?

Keep it up fools, you're just pushing more people to anime. See that Gif? That'll never fly on American TV cause we're so uptight about anything that offends anyone. I'm amazed that comedians even have a job today.
    Anime reeks of pedophilia...Japan refuses to ban pedophilia depictions cuz they say it would hurt sales...

So a stupid movie is more important than society standing up to pedophilia?
    I like Gotg, but never that much to excuse pedophilia. That's just vile!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    You cant fire fictional characters.
    So, a fictional character came up with that scene idea?

10+ Year Old Account
    They defend the notion that he apologized years ago for what he said years ago and that he had previously dealt with the issue with disney. You appear to have missed this.

Are you not paying attention or are you just being dense?

You don't put out the sheer volume of kid raping tweets that he did, if it was something he was against. I lost count how many he did n there were a lot more. Sick disgusting individual!
    You've said the word "pedophile" of your own accord five times on this page alone.

By your logic, you must be one if you keep mentioning it. Are you trying to hide your true nature by acting outraged?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    The line between having a thought, and tweeting out that thought is almost nonexistent. People are so incredibly offended by jokes and tweets and whatnot nowadays, I wonder if those people wouldn't be just fine with thought policing.

Think a "bad" thought, go to prison. Right? Because it seems like that's where we are truly headed. It doesn't matter that you don't actually do a thing, or that you would never actually do a thing, it's enough that you think that thing, especially if you express it in a tweet, for some people it's the exact same thing as doing the thing.

Like, let's say you one day wonder about what it would be like to murder someone, just in your own head. Doesn't matter! That's it! You're a murderer! Life sentence!

If the dude had sex with children, then sure, call him a pedophile. If he made some asinine jokes about kids, then get your head out of your ass and see the difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    They defend the notion that he apologized years ago for what he said years ago and that he had previously dealt with the issue with disney. You appear to have missed this.

Are you not paying attention or are you just being dense?

You've said the word "pedophile" of your own accord five times on this page alone.

By your logic, you must be one if you keep mentioning it. Are you trying to hide your true nature by acting outraged?
    Kid raping isn't something to gloss over with simple n insicere apology.

Deleted
    Did he rape a kid? I've not been following what's been happening too closely, but I've gotten the impression he made a number of jokes. Raping a kid and making a joke are still, last I checked, two very different things.

Good thing he didn't rape a kid and all he did was make a bad joke.

Guess what everything can be joked about, It just has to be the right time and place. Shocker I know.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm wondering if the person at hand wasn't James Gunn and wasn't PR-ed by celebrities, it would result in the same traction.

Let's say it was instead Jose Mendez, a legal immigrant and gardener as profession. He would have made these tweets and apologised years ago, meanwhile doing honest work, paying taxes and all. I very much doubt he would get the same pretentious support about 'jokes' and 'people can change', and people would actually ask for him to be deported.
    But now the biggest part,
    is all about the image
    and not the art

Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    I'm wondering if the person at hand wasn't James Gunn and wasn't PR-ed by celebrities, it would result in the same traction.

Let's say it was instead Jose Mendez, a legal immigrant and gardener as profession. He would have made these tweets and apologised years ago, meanwhile doing honest work, paying taxes and all. I very much doubt he would get the same pretentious support about 'jokes' and 'people can change', and people would actually ask for him to be deported.
    You assume a lot, Its best to not assume.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You assume a lot, Its best to not assume.
    Not an entirely inappropriate assumption to make if you ask me. But feel free to correct me as you see fit.
    But now the biggest part,
    is all about the image
    and not the art

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    Flashback time!
    Can you imagine?

Being a rising star, then losing it all over some crass joke you made years ago, dug up by political enemies?

I'm glad there's a group of gamers out there making a stand against weaponized moral outrage over "offensive" jokes. I hope these outragists one day realize that the world they're creating will one day turn on them.
    You worded that well.
    That is exactly what is happening now - and it's insane. It's almost surreal, the level which they nit pick.
    I guarantee you they have all said something in their lives that if it surfaced - would ruin them professionally.

Deleted
    If it was one bad joke, made ten years ago, no one would've cared.
    But hundreds, possibly thousands of bad jokes over the years? All with a rape/p*do focus? C'mon... This guy got issues.

Where did he rape this fictional kid? In the basement of Comet Ping Pong? The one that doesn't exist?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    If it was one bad joke, made ten years ago, no one would've cared.
    But hundreds, possibly thousands of bad jokes over the years? All with a rape/p*do focus? C'mon... This guy got issues.
    Where are you getting "hundreds, possibly thousands"?

Anyway, he tweets ~620 per month. So about 7,000 per year.

http://www.tweetstats.com/graphs/jamesgunn

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Pretty much. Most people on both sides of the political spectrum can appreciate they were horrendously dumb (and disturbing) jokes he made a decade ago that he's grown past (and our society has grown past).

The people who are dead against him either seem to -
    a) See this as some huge victory for the right, and payback for anyone that the left has forced to stand down. It all feels more like gloating than it does genuine outrage.
    b) Think he's definitely a pedo. But, I'm pretty sure they're the same people that think EVERYBODY on the left is a pedo, and probably believed Pizzagate at the time.
    We seem to have some of the latter in this very thread.

I don't know how they can post that stuff without being intensely embarrassed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    You cant fire fictional characters.
    A fictional character didn't write the baby dick joke in Deadpool 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Not an entirely inappropriate assumption to make if you ask me. But feel free to correct me as you see fit.
    While I can't speak for everyone (and won't assume to) I can speak for myself and no my stance on it wouldn't change.

If that person said the stuff while under the employment of there company (that is having a family friendly image) and it was recent then yes they deserve it. But it was said years ago then it shouldn't cost them there job.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Where did he rape this fictional kid? In the basement of Comet Ping Pong? The one that doesn't exist?
    Off-Topic: There is a basement under Comet Ping Pong. Not technically CPP's basement but it's shared with Little Red Fox and Buck's Fishing and Camping. If you look up the photos there's a ping pong table stored in the basement. All three properties are listed as two stories.
    Anti-War / Anti-CIA / Cynic / Unpopular Opinions

10+ Year Old Account
    Kid raping
    ...he never did that...?

isn't something to gloss over with simple n insicere apology.
    Well I didn't hear you even trying to apologize for mentioning it so much, why do you keep pressing the matter if you aren't one?

- - - Updated - - -

What in the hell does that have to do with anything?

If you're trying to call out "the left" for being hypocritical and defending their own... no one was defending Kevin Spacey or Louis CK for the things they did. The left didn't "jump to their defense," they took the context of the situation into account and decided that they were scumbags.

People are trying to go tit-for-tat "this is equal" in this situation but always ignore the context.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.