Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

"incomplete picture" Terran Gregory

the developers keep asking us to wait to see what happens that we only see the "incomplete picture".
    https://twitter.com/TerranGregory/st...66138921676800

for me it is a lie there is nothing that can happen between this and the battle for lordaeron that can make me want to protect sylvanas.

they have to give a very good reason why the one who was once the honorable horde after this does not kill sylvanas. because at this moment the only thing I can think for that we are fighting against the alliance, is that whoever is defending lordaeron is Calia after we kill syl

obviously the cinematic that we saw last year was not sylvanas was calia and we saw sylvanas to avoid the spoiler

The way I see it: I don't agree with what Sylvanas chose to do. I won't follow her orders henceforth. But, whether I am honourable or not, there will be no escape from the wrath of the Alliance now. Sylvanas damned herself and she damned us with her. This won't be another Garrosh, the Alliance won't stop with the Warchief this time, they will dismantle the Horde and every culture underneath it. And so, regardless of anything, my Orcs, Trolls, Tauren, Sin'dorei and Shal'dorei characters will all have to unite under her banner for our own sake rather than for hers.

Deleted
    This is the second quest chain PRE-PATCH that we're on, and we've got at least a year or two of a brand new expansion and half a dozen more patches new content on top of that - that is an absolutely insane amount of time for things to happen and change perceptions. Don't be so sure of your stance so early, that's all I'm saying

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We were told to wait for the full picture with Garrosh, guess what the full picture was exactly what we'd seen in Theramore but worse.

We were told to wait for the full picture with Saurfang, guess what the full picture was exactly what we feared but worse.

I think we all can guess where this Sylvanas arc is going based on every other time Terran has told us to cool it and wait for the "full picture."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Every time something new is pushed forth, they are digging themselves deeper.

How did this Story Setup even got approved, I'll never know. The story better get super good - which isn't something I'll hold my breath over for Blizzard.

We're just seeing a bunch of Horde lash out after realizing they're the villains. What do you expect to happen when your leader is a villain.

Sorry that you never saw the reality of the character you love being a villain, but she always has been.

*shrugs*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    The way I see it: I don't agree with what Sylvanas chose to do. I won't follow her orders henceforth. But, whether I am honourable or not, there will be no escape from the wrath of the Alliance now. Sylvanas damned herself and she damned us with her. This won't be another Garrosh, the Alliance won't stop with the Warchief this time, they will dismantle the Horde and every culture underneath it. And so, regardless of anything, my Orcs, Trolls, Tauren, Sin'dorei and Shal'dorei characters will all have to unite under her banner for our own sake rather than for hers.
    And yet... none of that will happen UNLESS THEY WRITE IT that way. The Alliance doesn't exist of course, so all of your supposition is meaningless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by H1gh Contra5t View Post
    This is the second quest chain PRE-PATCH that we're on, and we've got at least a year or two of a brand new expansion and half a dozen more patches new content on top of that - that is an absolutely insane amount of time for things to happen and change perceptions. Don't be so sure of your stance so early, that's all I'm saying
    I've often tossed aside a book that has a crap, incompetently written first chapter. Telling me "look, it sucks for the first 20% but then..." does not work. Any good fiction entices you in by making the initial bit of the tale interesting not by saying "well yeah, it starts out crap but trust us..."
    Last edited by clevin; 2018-08-01 at 08:32 PM.

Terryn just doesn’t want people bad mouthing his vision of a horrible story.

Ironically...this has always been the foundation of The Horde's existence. Thrall just made the races want to join, but most have always needed it. Now we just have the need I guess.

Lol the real Sylvanas is locked on a cage and this whole time it has been an impostor!

"How long do you think you will be able to keep this up?" Sylvanas asks through hissed teeth, knowing very well the answer.

"For as long as I please, little banshee" Her face that is not her face smiles back to her. "Have I given anyone reason to doubt I'm you?" Sylvanas, the real Sylvanas, glowers. "Shhh, don't be vexxed, I'm just doing what not even you had the strength to do." The Sylvanas mask starts to fade, her mirror's image becoming more beautiful for a second, then impossibly monstrous in their writhing of tentacles.

"So easily swayed, this Horde of yours" Azshara smiled sweetly, venomously. "I'll have more uses for them yet." Aszhara touched her pendant, that cursed pendant, and Sylvanas felt her tattered soul stretched to a snap one again. When she opened her eyes, she saw herself again, with that damned smirk she had come to hate "But first, let's settle some old debts with my former subjects. They have forgotten, but I do not."

UwU my Sylvanas fix it fic which I low key really want.

Oh yeah! “Incomplete picture”. Just as when they said the new Warchief in MoPs finale would shock everyone.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Lol the real Sylvanas is locked on a cage and this whole time it has been an impostor!

"How long do you think you will be able to keep this up?" Sylvanas asks through hissed teeth, knowing very well the answer.

"For as long as I please, little banshee" Her face that is not her face smiles back to her. "Have I given anyone reason to doubt I'm you?" Sylvanas, the real Sylvanas, glowers. "Shhh, don't be vexxed, I'm just doing what not even you had the strength to do." The Sylvanas mask starts to fade, her mirror's image becoming more beautiful for a second, then impossibly monstrous in their writhing of tentacles.

"So easily swayed, this Horde of yours" Azshara smiled sweetly, venomously. "I'll have more uses for them yet." Aszhara touched her pendant, that cursed pendant, and Sylvanas felt her tattered soul stretched to a snap one again. When she opened her eyes, she saw herself again, with that damned smirk she had come to hate "But first, let's settle some old debts with my former subjects. They have forgotten, but I do not."

Sylvanas is the Dreadlord! not Jaina! Blizz has been trolling us the whole time.

from my perspective I'm fine with it. the alliance has valid reasons to want to kill us all.

my problem is that sylvanas after doing this continue to be in charge, if after we the players of the horde kill sylvanas the alliance still wants to kill us all that would be a war I am willing to fight. in any other case if I could choose I would surrender as saurfang did and I would accept to go to prison, I do not want to follow the orders of a crazy genocidal

Deleted
    There are people quitting the game over this. I went to level my alliance characters as I've always been a double agent.

The writing is poor, it leaves a bad taste and it doesn't make me interested in what is to come, it just makes me shake my head and wonder why the hell I should care about being Horde when everything that was supposed to mean has disapeared along with the characters that formed the horde to begin with.

Vol'Jin is dead, Cairne is dead and Thrall is MIA and a complete wuss now for some reason.

Rexxar is the only one left and he is a commander at best. Saurfang has the potential to fill Thralls shoes and Vol'jin might get a moment to shine thanks to bwonsamdi because heavens know he did shit all as warchief.

Bad writing isnt a hooker for more, it makes people lose interest and turn away. So far to me the Alliance has a palatable storyline so I will see it through.

Game of Thrones also shocks and sometimes outright horrifies it's fans, but guess what? They do so in a way that makes you wonder what is to come next, what is the retaliation, what is the result etc...

This? This is just Blizzard butchering the characterization of Sylvanas and completely ignoring that 70% of the horde would never follow these orders in the first place. There is no honor in this war she's started.

sylvanas committed a genocide just because she is crazy, I do not want to follow her orders I do not want to be an accomplice of her crimes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post

Wow, someone actually has a twist that I would accept after all this. Please bring this to gregory.

I don’t know how the writers can fix this one. The Horde is a garbage fire that is turning into a wildfire.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

You know if this was coming from the writers of Westworld or even CD Project Red, I'd probably be like... ok. I think the problem is "wait and see" is reliant on trust. Trust is like credit, you have either good credit or bad credit to leverage. Blizzard has historically bad credit regarding the story.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I don’t know how the writers can fix this one. The Horde is a garbage fire that is turning into a wildfire.
    Quite frankly the fix is to commit to someone. If they want to go full evil with Sylvanas, DO IT. If you want to go back to grey on grey, put Saurfang in charge and leave him.

Heck the fix is to stop killing major lore figures every expansion start just to shock players. It doesn't shock anyone anymore.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    How did this Story Setup even got approved, I'll never know.
    We had Warlords of Draenor. Time travelling to another timeline/parallel universe. Anything can happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.