Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    I was, of course, being facetious. I didn't literally mean 30 seconds... People should know by now just with rolling restarts, that it takes a while for every server to have things applied to them. Hotfixes can take even longer. Hard as it is to believe for some people, it's not as simple as: copy -> paste -> push live -> done.
    45 minutes ago was when EVERY server had them applied
    /s

This is why I keep a half-done Pet Battle quest in my log. Blizzard could lose all their data and I still wouldn't be able to get rid of it.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Thankfully I didn't have any of those but I was none too pleased to have finished part of Balance of Power only for the quest log to go "lol no you didn't." And every time I re-enter the instance it wipes again so I'm literally stuck, I can't progress.

They'd better fix this fast, I don't have much time left if I want to get this done before BFA due to raid lockouts.

Keep me posted if they hotfix it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Thankfully I didn't have any of those but I was none too pleased to have finished part of Balance of Power only for the quest log to go "lol no you didn't." And every time I re-enter the instance it wipes again so I'm literally stuck, I can't progress.

They'd better fix this fast, I don't have much time left if I want to get this done before BFA due to raid lockouts.

Keep me posted if they hotfix it.
    They claimed it was completely fixed an hour ago, and yet...
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by christehchris View Post
    Opening of AQ quests mainly.
    I feel worse for people finishing up Balance of Power/Shadowmourne... they won't have their progress restored
    Thanks, I couldn't think of an example - the second ones sounds awful to lose.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Love these armchair devs..."Come on guys, it's literally just 5 lines of SQL XD!".

Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Love these armchair devs..."Come on guys, it's literally just 5 lines of SQL XD!".

Lmao
    I get that its not that easy, but you should get how frustrating this probably is for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    This is why I keep a half-done Pet Battle quest in my log. Blizzard could lose all their data and I still wouldn't be able to get rid of it.
    Oddly, that is the ones I lost. I was midway through the falcosaur chain. Currently my quest log is still clean

Deleted
    Opening of AQ quests mainly.
    I feel worse for people finishing up Balance of Power/Shadowmourne... they won't have their progress restored
    I would be furious if i was 45/50 Shadowfrost Shards and they all were POOF.

10+ Year Old Account
    even Runescape has a more professional team...
    No. No they do NOT. I know this situation may look bad for Blizzard but they do not run in to these issues all the time. If Runescape had an issue like this, it would be kept quiet and be swept under the rug. Also Runescape can barely hold together a team, let alone have any customer support.

Deleted
    this thread is pathetic. Theres nothing special about uncompletable or old quests lol grow up

Quote Originally Posted by Orgtar View Post
    this thread is pathetic. Theres nothing special about uncompletable or old quests lol grow up
    Tell that to those people who can now never finish Balance of Power/Trial of Valor sets on various characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgtar View Post
    Maybe instead of telling others to 'grow up' you could read some of the examples of quests people are providing that are either super nostalgic (AQ opening quests, etc) or required a lot of time commitment (balance of power, shadowfrost shards, etc).

With that said, if the systems mean the data's lost, it's lost. They need to make backups going forward so it doesn't happen again.

are you surprised about this in bfa. everything about this expansion is pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by Promethieus View Post
    No. No they do NOT. I know this situation may look bad for Blizzard but they do not run in to these issues all the time. If Runescape had an issue like this, it would be kept quiet and be swept under the rug. Also Runescape can barely hold together a team, let alone have any customer support.

So much wrong on all counts and even a recent event can prove it.

There was a bug that caused many people to hit gold cap and was a exploited. They busted there ass to build a system so they could do a roll back before the exploit happen and warned everyone about it. The only thing that got removed in the roll back was the exploited gold and people who intentionally abused it was banned.

Is there CS the best? No but it is decent and they do try to fix bugs as they show up.

Ontopic: That's shitty and Activision-blizzard should have a system in place to fix it, Sadly they don't so a lot of people are just SoL. This has been the case with Activision-Blizzard for awhile.

Many things have been removed that shouldn't have been and they can't restore them no matter what.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

People are so eager to suck blizzards cock. If an airplane lost your luggage would you smile shrug and say o well it stinks that it happened but nothing we can do

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    shadowfrost shards
    What a weird thing to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    People are so eager to suck blizzards cock. If an airplane lost your luggage would you smile shrug and say o well it stinks that it happened but nothing we can do
    It's more like if an airline accidentally erased a small drawing you had drawn on your suitcase in sharpie.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2018-08-02 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    What a weird thing to complain about.

It's more like if an airline accidentally erased a small drawing you had drawn on your suitcase in sharpie.
    If it got rid of some random ass quests sure, how would you feel about farming 50 more shadowmourne fragments or doing another month of emerald nightmare.

"If they are no longer available you will likely not be able to get them again nor could a Game Master grant the quest to you."

This is what Blizzard has to say about unobtainable quests that were just wiped today from my quest log.
    This is actually unbelievable... even Runescape has a more professional team...
    If they removed something from the game, that is not really a bug and not much the GM can do about it. What else was you expecting?

This is actually unbelievable... even Runescape has a more professional team...
    I just spit my drink across the room. The Runescape twitter lottery customer support is no where near as good as Blizzards.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.