Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    People are so dramatic, it's an evolving story in an evolving world. This can't be all butterflies and rainbows.

Quote Originally Posted by Almiria View Post
    If you don't do the War Campaign you won't unlock WQs.
    Only the ones on DS, and the loot from there won't matter when BfA comes out.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    Only the ones on DS, and the loot from there won't matter when BfA comes out.
    Reputation from WQs matter, you get +15 ilvl Heart of Azeroth from Champions of Azeroth reputation every time you reach friendly, honored, revered, exalted. it's +60 ilvl total at exalted, and it's important to get +60 ilvl neck before raid open.

Edit : Oh you were talking about Darkshore, I'm talking about BFA war campaign as OP said.
    He said 'Many say that they will unsub. but for those that still want to play, what if, as a protest, we dont do the war campaign."

Quote Originally Posted by teruaki View Post
    After the last cinematic, a lot of players are discontent with blizz.
    Many say that they will unsub. but for those that still want to play, what if, as a protest, we dont do the war campaign.
    Maybe it wont matter, maybe it will, who knows, but I think that we should not follow the quest chain for the war (sylvanas says, after she burns the tree, that she will "need" us).
    Maybe it is a foollish thought, but would be interesting way to "protest" to blizzard.

What are your thoughts ?
    Was thinking about boycotting this quest chain, but it's, again, limited time offer, Blizzard just love to abuse to force players to do something, that will never be available again. And then I realized, that solution is pretty simple. Have both Horde and Alliance characters, so I can just do Alliance variant and have both mounts. As simple, as that. But if Blizzard want me to reroll to Alliance, then they're fools - Horde still will be my "main" faction, as I like it's theme much more, that Alliance one. I just don't want to have something to do with this terrible xpack theme. First of all, I don't care about lore and story so much. Bad lore is bad lore and what? This doesn't make my game unplayable. Second - I'm purely PVE player, so any PVP crap happens in some parallel reality from my point of view. #SylvanasNotMyQueen #NeutralFaction

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by gad11 View Post
    the 'war' part of the expansion is why I am coming back to WoW after hardly playing Legion. WoW has needed an Alliance vs Horde focus for a long time. Most excited I have been for an expansion in ages!
    Lol not at all. We had that story in MoP. Also this war is hardly HvA. It's Sylvanas vs Opposers.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

7+ Year Old Account
    I already had the Horde mount somewhere. I don't remember when I got it, but it was 'already learned' when I got it for these quests.
    did you do the alliance side first?
    cause if you do the alliance one you get the horde mount aswell

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Was thinking about boycotting this quest chain, but it's, again, limited time offer, Blizzard just love to abuse to force players to do something, that will never be available again. And then I realized, that solution is pretty simple. Have both Horde and Alliance characters, so I can just do Alliance variant and have both mounts. As simple, as that. But if Blizzard want me to reroll to Alliance, then they're fools - Horde still will be my "main" faction, as I like it's theme much more, that Alliance one. I just don't want to have something to do with this terrible xpack theme. First of all, I don't care about lore and story so much. Bad lore is bad lore and what? This doesn't make my game unplayable. Second - I'm purely PVE player, so any PVP crap happens in some parallel reality from my point of view. #SylvanasNotMyQueen #NeutralFaction
    Wow you agree with me about limited time stuff being bullshit? Cool, didnt think we would agree arena elite sets, mage towers, and challenge modes were bullshit.

Also you just need to do the quests on 1 side you get both mounts

As you can see quest to do teld (literally the very first quest) is in my log, but i have the mount, cause i did it on alliance (only have 1 horde toon)

(If you have done it on horde, make any charecter on the other faction and search "hippogryph" to test this)
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    What are your thoughts ?
    Get over yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    did you do the alliance side first?
    cause if you do the alliance one you get the horde mount aswell

- - - Updated - - -

Wow you agree with me about limited time stuff being bullshit? Cool, didnt think we would agree arena elite sets, mage towers, and challenge modes were bullshit.

As you can see quest to do teld (literally the very first quest) is in my log, but i have the mount, cause i did it on alliance (only have 1 horde toon)

(If you have done it on horde, make any charecter on the other faction and search "hippogryph" to test this)
    That would explain it. Yes, I did the Alliance side first on my monk, then the Horde side on my troll hunter. So you basically need to do either side on any toon to get both mounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Voeid View Post
    Get over yourself.
    Hey he has as much right to say "I won't do these quests" as other players have to say "Burn 'em all I like being evil!". It just a game. But I do hope Blizz gives players some options to play Horde and still play with honor.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Did I miss a memo? Did Blizzard release a statement saying that the burning of teldrassil was the end of the warcraft story and that there would be no follow up story at all? This is the precursor to an entire expansion of plot which will take twists and turns, some you will like, some you will hate but that has always been wow. Getting all emotional and threatening to quit is hilarious. They just delivered arguably the best expansion they have ever done with a story that is universally liked. Surely, you can trust that they know what they are doing and not be backseat writers. People on the internet is so funny.

Maybe it is a foollish thought, but would be interesting way to "protest" to blizzard.

What are your thoughts ?
    I think it's the dumbest shit I read in a long time.
    Maybe the players should start an online initiative. #NotMyWarchief #UsToo
    Also stack up on antidepressants for safety.

7+ Year Old Account
    That would explain it. Yes, I did the Alliance side first on my monk, then the Horde side on my troll hunter. So you basically need to do either side on any toon to get both mounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey he has as much right to say "I won't do these quests" as other players have to say "Burn 'em all I like being evil!". It just a game. But I do hope Blizz gives players some options to play Horde and still play with honor.
    Yep, blizz is good with this stuff of not forcing people to do stuff on both factions with worry of long term effects. allied races can be earned any time so you will have to play horde to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    And I know people saying "Woah, really?? The war is actually showing in-game??" and are coming back, so guess it evens out.

- - - Updated - - -

Just the usual "I feel this way but I must make it sound as though many agree with me to make it legit!!"-crap.

"Many say they will unsub" about just about every feature, according to randoms on these forums.
    Hehe isnt that bolded part what Trump always says?

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    That is a bit much. Wrath gave us the plagued crates popping up all over and infecting the world as well as the mini boss fights all over. Cata had us retaking Sen'jin and Gnomergon as well as dealing with elemental events kinda like the undead mini boss ones from Wrath. If you look at it from the perspective of one character on any given day Cata and Wrath gave you more to do since those events respawned over and over, for BfA we get 4 to 5 WQ a day many of them having the exact same rewards.
    I'll give you the retaking of Gnomeregan/Echo Isles.

Not that anyone cared about Echo Isles... and it didn't change anything much in the case of Gnomeregan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

I also don't like, when Blizzard remove content, that still can be useful for me. My opinion: removing something, I've paid for - is bad thing. I should be able to do content when I want and how I want, no matter if it becomes easier with time. It's my personal choice and this is how things work in MMORPG games. Obsoleted content is obsoleted content. But, I guess, they started to do it, when they started to make old xpacks free with release of new ones. They just need to force you to buy xpacks somehow. That's why such F2Pish things, as limited time offers, is here.

Bad story - isn't the only problem with BFA. There many such problems:
    1) True fullscreen removal
    2) No ability to turn shadows off - terrible graphics, when shadows are low. I guess, they've removed shadow maps to decrease game size.
    3) Even more game mechanics nerfs. And it's not only artifact traits - it's core class abilities. My Hunter has lost AOE aggro. My Monk - the only controllable self-heal. Game mechanics are becoming worse and worse. We don't need Vanilla on retail servers, sorry.
    4) Some mobs in old content are overtuned now - they've received +1-3 lvl buffs and now deal 300-500% damage. Some old content is ruined due to this fact.
    5) Some old dungeons and raids, that were soloable in the past, are buffed and aren't possible now.
    6) War Mode doesn't mean getting rid of PVP flag, i.e. tricking PVE players in PVP via PVE objectives is still here. War Campaign means going to other faction territories, that means "accidentally" PVP-flagging on every corner.
    7) Tons of players have turned War Mode off now and locations are now even more overcrowded, than back in CRZ era. And despite of Wow being MMO, game design still can't handle many players doing the same quest. Sometimes game is literally unplayable due to this fact. And I pay my money not for sitting in a queue to have my turn to kill some mobs for my quest.
    8) And this is on a top on no flying and possible no-flying-forever content in future patches.

Result - I don't want to buy BFA, but almost whole old content is ruined now. What should I do?
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2018-08-02 at 06:24 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I'm not unsubbing and I plan to stay Horde and play through all the Horde content.
    I play both factions and aren't unsubbing either. Where others are just creating one massive QQ-storm, I'm actually curious to see where this is going.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I'm not unsubbing and I plan to stay Horde and play through all the Horde content.
    I support the war. I just hope that they kill Sylvanas off soon so I can have some goddamn pride again. I feel like an idiot being forced to serve her when the signs that she wants me and every other living Horde member (un)dead are so obvious.

I'd hoped Blizzard's experiment in the Demon Hunter questline was a sign they'd be adding more player choice to the game. I guess not though.[/QUOTE]
    Player choice with lasting effects would be quite tricky to pull off. If I were blizzard I would put certain trigger events in the game with little player decisions to see what people would do in their cases and then report what the majority of the community did vs what you did, kind of like with the Tell-Tale adventure games. Then they could always plan things around that.

Then again, people would probably find a way exploit that as well

7+ Year Old Account
    I also don't like, when Blizzard remove content, that still can be useful for me. My opinion: removing something, I've paid for - is bad thing. I should be able to do content when I want and how I want, no matter if it becomes easier with time. It's my personal choice and this is how things work in MMORPG games. Obsoleted content is obsoleted content. But, I guess, they started to do it, when they started to make old xpacks free with release of new ones. They just need to force you to buy xpacks somehow. That's why such F2Pish things, as limited time offers, is here.

Bad story - isn't the only problem with BFA. There many such problems:
    1) True fullscreen removal
    2) No ability to turn shadows off - terrible graphics, when shadows are low. I guess, they've removed shadow maps to decrease game size.
    3) Even more game mechanics nerfs. And it's not only artifact traits - it's core class abilities. My Hunter has lost AOE aggro. My Monk - the only controllable self-heal. Game mechanics are becoming worse and worse. We don't need Vanilla on retail servers, sorry.
    4) Some mobs in old content are overtuned now - they've received +1-3 lvl buffs and now deal 300-500% damage. Some old content is ruined due to this fact.
    5) Some old dungeons and raids, that were soloable in the past, are buffed and aren't possible now.
    6) War Mode doesn't mean getting rid of PVP flag, i.e. tricking PVE players in PVP via PVE objectives is still here. War Campaign means going to other faction territories, that means "accidentally" PVP-flagging on every corner.
    7) Tons of players have turned War Mode off now and locations are now even more overcrowded, than back in CRZ era. And despite of Wow being MMO, game design still can't handle many players doing the same quest. Sometimes game is literally unplayable due to this fact. And I pay my money not for sitting in a queue to have my turn to kill some mobs for my quest.
    8) And this is on a top on no flying and possible no-flying-forever content in future patches.

Result - I don't want to buy BFA, but almost whole old content is ruined now. What should I do?
    wow holy shit w...w... do we agree on something!? we fucking agree on something!?

People complaining about what Sylvanas did and Blizz writing and wah wah the Horde is evil and it makes me feel bad should just form a little community in game titled Safe Place Horde....

Reminds me of those fun sucking, joyless malcontents that bitched endlessly about the ghoul invasion before WotLK. It's a fucking game people, enjoy the ride. Nothing wrong with being a little Sith Lord now and again. Speaking of....

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    You can't un-burn a tree by whining about it. Blizzard will write what they want. This is coming from someone who started WoW on that tree.
    The tears might extinguish the fire though!

Deleted
    I can't believe what I'm seeing.
    All this whine about the story is out of proportion. There's 2 years of story ahead ffs.

Go back to mommy now. /pat

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with the pre-event this time is there isn't really anything grindable. The quest chain/story is as well presented as it's ever been in a pre-patch really, it's just that people fondly remember the pre-events that kept them BUSY. Legion gets praise because it had constant invasions to grind. Even though it was just killing the same stupid mobs over and over, it gave a solid reward and was repeatable indefinitely.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!