Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why can't mages fly already?

I mean come on, if freakin' monks can do a bullshit version of it mages should be able too! Maybe not at a full speed, like Zen Flight, but if Zen Flight is a thing why can't we fly? It's a 3rd level spell for Christ sake!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    It's a 3rd level spell for Christ sake!
    So is Lightning Bolt and mages can't do that either, what a bunch of losers.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    So is Lightning Bolt and mages can't do that either, what a bunch of losers.
    Well... I get what you're saying but I was drawing a parallel inbetween source materials and Medivh in the movie does do some lightning stuff.

¯\(°_o)/¯
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Warriors should be able to spin their weapons so quickly it creates a wind gust underneath them and they should be able to fly too.

But obviously only 2H weapons, so fury only. I'm not an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Warriors should be able to spin their weapons so quickly it creates a wind gust underneath them and they should be able to fly too.

But obviously only 2H weapons, so fury only. I'm not an idiot.
    1. Warriors can already leap towards up to ten times their height
    2. Magic and flying goes hand in hand
    3. Zen Flight is a thing

I'm just saying why can't we - or everybody - have small, nice things like this?

I mean I don't see monks shitposting "why can't we fly at full speed with zen flight??" so that shouldn't be an issue either. I mean come on, what the hell zen flight is supposed to be and why can't we get fluff pieces like that? Fly / Overland Flight for Mages, Wind Walk for priests and so on.

1) It would mean that Blizz would have to put legs under all their dresses mages wear.

2) Apparently powerful mages can raise ghost ships by just making their eyeballs glow so I really don't see what you're complaining about.

I mean come on, if freakin' monks can do a bullshit version of it mages should be able too! Maybe not at a full speed, like Zen Flight, but if Zen Flight is a thing why can't we fly? It's a 3rd level spell for Christ sake!
    It's a what?

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    1) It would mean that Blizz would have to put legs under all their dresses mages wear.

2) Apparently powerful mages can raise ghost ships by just making their eyeballs glow so I really don't see what you're complaining about.
    There already are legs under robes, it's been there since WoD I believe. Just go swim and you'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    It's a what?
    http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/fly.htm

Again, different source materials but I'm trying to point out how trivial of a thing it is in a magic practicioners' point of view.

When you can blink short distances and teleport long distances, flying isn't that much of a concern.

But you have a color coded flying pancake.

1. Warriors can already leap towards up to ten times their height
    2. Magic and flying goes hand in hand
    3. Zen Flight is a thing

I'm just saying why can't we - or everybody - have small, nice things like this?

I mean I don't see monks shitposting "why can't we fly at full speed with zen flight??" so that shouldn't be an issue either. I mean come on, what the hell zen flight is supposed to be and why can't we get fluff pieces like that? Fly / Overland Flight for Mages, Wind Walk for priests and so on.
    Rogues should be able to teleport to major cities, too. There's quite a bit of lore involved in sedating oneself and having your underlings take you to a new place. Of course, for the rogue, it would be probably a 10 second cast time, to concoct the poison ofc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Mages got portals and teleports.

I think they can manage just fine without that. x_x

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/fly.htm

Again, different source materials but I'm trying to point out how trivial of a thing it is in a magic practicioners' point of view.
    Ah. To be fair, at that point we could also ask why Mages can't make Light.

But it does seem like a pretty simple ask and one that could be fun. Make it an epic questline like the Warlock green fire one. Give mages a fun shiny thing to work towards.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Ah. To be fair, at that point we could also ask why Mages can't make Light.

But it does seem like a pretty simple ask and one that could be fun. Make it an epic questline like the Warlock green fire one. Give mages a fun shiny thing to work towards.
    See this is what I'm talking about, something fun! Not ehrmargerd I want flying too even tho I have portals blinks food coming out of my ass fuck you guys. This is why we can't have nice things.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Guys if anyone should be able to fly it's obviously demon hunters. they have wings.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    When you can blink short distances and teleport long distances, flying isn't that much of a concern.
    Yeah but what about those medium distances?
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Yeah but what about those medium distances?
    Call an Uber obviously.

You can fly with a flying mount just like everyone else.

Blink, portals and teleport isn't enough?

10+ Year Old Account
    You can. You can fly at full speed downwards from a cliff, or slower, without dying. The rest would be well, druid.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..