Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Early Expansion Gold-Making Strats

What are your guys plans for the beginning of the expansion and making gold? My plan is to level a all characters with LW/BS/Tailoring first, and start crafting some gear at 120 to sell, since the beginning of the expac is when those sell really well.

Once we get closer to Uldir, I'll start focusing on Enchanting/Alchemy/JC.

Thoughts?

5+ Year Old Account
    collect and flog any greens at or overr 230ilvl. Made a good 200k in about 3 days on Beta flipping a handful of BoA crap.

herbs = milions of gold

Quote Originally Posted by Motso View Post
    collect and flog any greens at or overr 230ilvl. Made a good 200k in about 3 days on Beta flipping a handful of BoA crap.
    Beta. The place people buy a lot of shit they don't need because they aren't losing any money. Can't use beta gold earning experiences on live

Deleted
    Alchemy/Enchanting because it's a constant flow of earnings for all the expansion. Also i love to find the materials at the best price at the AH to craft my most profitable things instead to spend time farming. I don't hate farming but i love business more!

NB: With the new WQs asking for materials, a lot of players will take farming professions to make gold. So it's gonna flood the market, the price will be low fast and the craftings professions will be really profitable at the start of new PvE contents thanks to the huge supply of low materials.

I hope there's going to be another item like the Demonsteel Armguards. I fucking made over a million in a few days mass pumping these bad boys out in Legion

i will focus on keeping my self-supply up and spread everything i need across my alts. you can make a lot of gold with basically anything.

crafted gear for lazy alt-equipping
    raid supplies
    equip enhancement
    materials for crafted gear and raid supplies

unless you don't buy stuff you cannot make, you will have to balance what to craft and what to buy from your earnings.

you should, however, switch to Enchanting for 110-120 on any toon that does have a slot to spare, just to disenchant leveling gear.

Tailor/enchanting on my mage, and LW/enchanting on hunter. Herb/alch on the two alts I will use early on. Let the gold flow.

Sell crafting mats to lazy people.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Commodities. Being one of the first to hit the level cap helps too since you might get access to more of the rare materials like epic shards or gated ores and herbs such as Starlight Rose in Legion.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Beta. The place people buy a lot of shit they don't need because they aren't losing any money. Can't use beta gold earning experiences on live
    Honestly I'd have thought the same but I have been doing much the same on a couple of characters on live and its holding up so far

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    i will focus on keeping my self-supply up and spread everything i need across my alts. you can make a lot of gold with basically anything.

crafted gear for lazy alt-equipping
    raid supplies
    equip enhancement
    materials for crafted gear and raid supplies

unless you don't buy stuff you cannot make, you will have to balance what to craft and what to buy from your earnings.

you should, however, switch to Enchanting for 110-120 on any toon that does have a slot to spare, just to disenchant leveling gear.
    But remember: Only disenchant the few items you can't put in the scrapper! It's so much more profitable to use the scrapper on any and all items you get, especially if you have alts with different crafting professions. You get all kinds of lovely mats from the scrapper without spending any effort to collect/skin/mine/gather. Mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Daille View Post
    Alchemy/Enchanting because it's a constant flow of earnings for all the expansion. Also i love to find the materials at the best price at the AH to craft my most profitable things instead to spend time farming. I don't hate farming but i love business more!

NB: With the new WQs asking for materials, a lot of players will take farming professions to make gold. So it's gonna flood the market, the price will be low fast and the craftings professions will be really profitable at the start of new PvE contents thanks to the huge supply of low materials.
    I've debated dropping JC in favor or Alchemy, as Saber's eye cuts just didn't move very fast at all towards then end like enchants still did. But taking Alchemy and Enchanting means you have no way to make use of Expulsom.

Gonna be multiboxing my 10 druids mining and herbing on em for probably a few weeks, while im sending a few herbs over to my alch char and work on crafting flasks and other consumables

Deleted
    Slightly off-topic but, I have Engi/JC. Am I right in thinking I can bin them two professions for the start of the expansion and get 2 gathering professions and then if I want/need to, relearn the Engi/JC and just buy the item where you can re-learn all old recipes? Has anyone else had the same idea?

Raw mats is the way to go, they'll never become as expensive again as at the start of an expansion when lazy rich people want to level professions.

Quote Originally Posted by FezXVII View Post
    Slightly off-topic but, I have Engi/JC. Am I right in thinking I can bin them two professions for the start of the expansion and get 2 gathering professions and then if I want/need to, relearn the Engi/JC and just buy the item where you can re-learn all old recipes? Has anyone else had the same idea?
    You can only relearn the Legion recipes from the book, so if you have stuff like JC panthers, sky golem, kyparium rocket etc. recipes people often make gold from, unfortunately these won't be back and you'll have to regrind those expansion skills (like MOP ranks) with MOP recipes now, before you could use WOD / Legion catch ups, but now each expac is separate.

I have Engi / JC on my main myself and hell nope I won't drop it due to all the old mount / toy / pet recipes from various expansions that you can still sell for a decent coin.

I'm gonna have to say hello to my gathering mule alts. I would hope they don't need to be max level since no Suramar-like zone, but they need to at least be levelled to the point they unlock both continents.

If someone doesn't have any prepped it's quick to get a DH up or use a free boost, luckily I got my hunter for that duty since pet classes can usually stand their own ground even when not levelled (no warmode ofc, no need for gathering).

7+ Year Old Account
    beta.. the place where gold does not matter...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    beta.. the place where gold does not matter...
    The gold doesn't but items people place value in wont change all that much. The specific amount of gold is subject to change but its still a solid way to go.

7+ Year Old Account
    The gold doesn't but items people place value in wont change all that much. The specific amount of gold is subject to change but its still a solid way to go.
    No, it really isn't. Cause before the character copy EVERYONE starts fresh, meaning there is no one with literally any gold.

But once character copy comes, you can spend 3 minutes get 10 mil gold, so stuff has no value.

Not to mind people won't buy or sell stuff usually CUse its a beta, who cares if I get gold for this boe drop... I'm not gunna go bother putting it on ah
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content