Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TaurenNinja View Post
    17. The Vanilla talent trees were terrible. Most talents were meaningless newbie traps, the best builds were set in stone. These days, you have actual decision making which talents you bring for which raid boss.
    This is the only thing i miss from Vanilla, so i HIGHLY Disagree.

Freedom of choice

Guides is nice to have - and there will always be a best spec. - But in Vanilla you could tweak things that helped the way you played.

And no I wasnt just picking flowers or grinding Tyrshand elites - I played PvE / PvP in Vanilla and I was sword spec with sub stealth and as i remember it poisen bonus. - it was not the same spec as everybody else but i was Rank14 with full Dodgefang(bloodfang) that topped in both places(pve/pvp).

I know my wife miss the Vanilla talent three too and she played warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Bob View Post
    I mean, no it wouldn't but how long should it take Blizzard to release content they've already made? Granted they're adapting it to work on the modern game engine.
    Because none of the databases from then work with modern due to how old they are. So, as they've mentioned in a dev watercooler, they have to go and rewrite everything in manually for the new systems (Which also have a slightly different layout) which is a pretty tedious and time consuming task if you consider how many things they need to do that for... on top of handling all the other differences between then and now.

Classic is never going to happen. It was promised without consulting the dev team - they thought they can just boot a VM with a backup of the old code and then run it.

The direction they are going in now - creating Classic with the current game engine - is too large and difficult for them. They can barely keep up with the current game.

And with the project being too large, and the game declining constantly in population, and with the questionable profits from Classic, it's bound to get canceled once they need more development resources.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    ...and not also play retail?
    Because it's a different game

Deleted
    Classic WoW is the easiest and most imbalanced version of WoW there ever was, some people enjoy exactly that.

Deleted
    atiesh / ashbringer perhaps ?

why do people care so much about people they don't know do with they're time?

Quote Originally Posted by Gameforreal View Post
    Freedom of choice
    You spelled 'illusion' wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    My god these people are so fucking angry that Classic is being made. Nothing but doom and gloom and shrill dismissive attitudes from instant gratification retail trolls who can't imagine a game being good without walking around with your character as a demi-god.
    ´Cus being a demi-god was not at all possible with gimpy cheese items from vanilla. Nope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulkesyk View Post
    why do people care so much about people they don't know do with they're time?
    Because the way I spend my time is superior to how you spend your time, and be damned if I'll have you thinking otherwise.

Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Colour might be hard to read, just highlight it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Here's why:
    ========================================================================================== ===========
    • 1 - Tank Threat is irrelevant Is it? I've overaggroed several tanks since patch on my monk as Windwalker.
    • 2 - CC in content is irrrelevant Wrong on so many levels. Kiting mobs is still CC.
    • 3 - There are LFR/LFD Tools Best thing they ever added. Who didn't love sitting in trade for 3 hours to discover no one had a fucking key to open Shattered Halls Heroic door....
    • 4 - Classes are not unique and they are homogenized. Brewmaster monk is different from Blood DK. Windwalker monk plays way different to fury warrior.
    • 5 - Professions haven't got any value. People use flasks, right? Those flasks need herbs....
    • 6 - Content has no longevity. Says whom? Unless you are in top 20 guilds, you cannot say that.
    • 7 - There are heirlooms and related items/mechanics Which you are free not to use, or not even buy!!
    • 8 - There are CRZ's. Makes the world more alive, which seems to be a big complaint when it was empty. Can't win no matter what they do here.
    • 9 - There are Multiple "dificulty" levels on raids. Versus not having raids at all? The multiple difficulties is what allows us to have actual good looking and interesting raids. Jesus fucking christ, why is this fact ignored?
    • 10 - There are no Vanilla-like Legendary items and the design philosophy they were based on is not in the game. Wait, RNG drops were AMAZING?! ISn't that what people bitch about current WoW? The RNG? Now it's best thing EVA!!
    • 11. - There are no spell ranks. Because they couldn't figure out proper spell scaling. Remember those spells had set mana and damage costs, with very little changing the damage. Go on, look at them properly.
    • 12. - All original class spells are NOT in game. A lot of spells were pointless fluff that no one even touched, or were noob traps.
    • 13. Certain specs such as Survival Hunter (melee/ranged hybrid) no longer exist. Yes they do. Disc Priest and Mistweaver Monk. Both damage to heal hybrids
    • 14. Azeroth and Kalimdor have changed. ........... erm, it's an MMO.... It changes by its very nature.
    • 15. Ammo and quivers are NOT in the game. Ah yes, who didn't enjoy the hunters running out of ammo mid way through the raid?
    • 17. There are no talent trees. Yes there are. I have a choice of talents I can change depending how I want to play. And the old tree's weren't choices. You had a set spec with 4 or 5 points free, if they were free at all and you didn't have to spec into Kings for your raid. Anyone else who made "fun specs" were laughed at and mocked.
    • 18. Mana management is NOT in game. Really? Someone need to tell healers this.
    • 19. Aggro management is NOT in game. Same point as number 1 on your list? Aggro is still very much a thing.
    • 20. There are no class quests. Legion had class quests
    • 21. Levelling experience is trivialized. Leveling wasn't hard, it never was hard. Pull required mobs for your class, kill mobs. GGWP
    • 22. No debuff limits are in place in boss fights. Holy shit. Are you saying that you never had ANYONE EVER knock off reserved debuffs? I'm going to call you a liar right now if you say no....

Furthermore:

Class & combat:

• Hunter could use Eyes of the Beast to see through the eyes of its pet. A fun toy, nothing more. No hunter ever used it for anything other than that
    • Hunters had 3 pets max. Each ones feel special. Now they carry a whole zoo in their bags. They can carry 5 max
    • Hunters couldn't attack in melee range with ranged weapons. But they could melee attack. The deadzone was only 2 yards.
    • Bows and guns require ammunition you had to craft/buy and put in special ammo bags. You didn't HAVE to use quivers.
    • Warlocks had to get and carry soulshards in special bags. Ah yes, farming mobs for 2 hours before raids was sooo fun, and you couldn't carry much coz you needed all those fucking shards.
    • Warlocks had a Detect Invisibility spell. Now it's integrated in the UI for everyone. Wait, what? This makes NO SENSE AT ALL. Intergrated into what? I can't detect invis on my Monk.
    • Priests had 2 unique racial abilities. Priests? Oh you mean clothie healing Dwarves....
    • Mages have a Detect Magic spell and even a Khadgar's Unlocking (in beta) to crack lockboxes. Yeah, spells like that can fuck right off. The amount of mages that had dampen magic on themselves all the fucking time who weren't dying to magical damage pissed me off to no end as a healer...
    • Paladins could be played only by Alliance while Shamans were only for Horde. Which created shitty balancing issues for raids.
    • Weapons required skills, including hand fighting. If you equipped a kind of weapon that you didn't know yet, you needed to use it a lot before doing max DPS. You also needed to see a weapon trainer first. Nothing like beating on low level mobs to raise weapon skills, SUCH FUN.
    • Some spells only worked on specific mobs, strengthening the lore. Paladin's exorcism for example was to be used against undead/demons while now it works the same on any mobs. Because fuck player choice, right? Sorry Billy, you HAVE to play frost mage for MC, even though you enjoy fire
    • Magic/fire/frost resistance gears were useful against specific boss. Once again it strengthen the lore. Some mobs had fire resistance too and/or were weak against frost spells. It was artificial gating of content, that's all it was. Same thing people throw hissy fits about now

• Classes were a lot more different: in term of rotation, but also some didn't have any interrupt, or any cc, or any group buff etc. In the same way, lots of class, especially pure DPS, didn't have a single heal. Now almost every class has the same set of interrupt/cc/heal/group buff. Ah, I did so enjoy FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT
    • Mana and health regenerated way slower, so you NEEDED to stop and eat/drink every few fights. Food and drink actually mater, and mana for DPS caster mattered too. When's the last time you bought normal food in game? ARTIFICIALLY SLOWING YOU DOWN FOR NO REASON
    • Spell levels (Holy Light 1, Holy Light 2 etc.) were useful to manage your mana. Only for people who couldn't stop spam healing for no reason. Rank 1 Holy light healed for piss all and just allowed you to look busy. The rest of us understood the 5 second rule for regening mana
    • Each class had unique quests to unlock specific stuff: mounts for warlocks and paladins, postures for warriors, druid's forms, poisons and Certificate of Thievery for rogues etc. Remember the Shaman water and Air totems? The druid seal form? The pointless running around from one continent to other? I swear I spent more time on flight paths for the shaman water totem than any other time ever.

• Original talent tree allowed hybrid class to freely mix healing, tanking and dps abilities (even if it wasn't often imba!).
    No, they didn't. Anyone who did that was laughed at and kicked out of groups. There were some fun bastard specs, but that's all they were for. Fun. They were useless for anything else INCLUDING leveling, dungeons, PvP (except shockadin. I'll give that one)

World & quests:

• Goblin AH were neutrals. They still are
    • You need to travel to dungeons and battleground. Now you don't even need to know where they are. Wow, you mean this whole time I've been flying to Mythic+ and there's been an insta teleport?!?!
    • Quests objectives weren't displayed on your map. Sigh. There were always quest helpers for WoW. Remember Carbonite? That shit had where your guildies were on the maps.
    • Four Dragons of Nightmare were hidden around Azeroth and required raid-sized groups to be defeated. There are still world bosses. What the actual fuck?
    • Expansions or some raids used to be announced with huge pre-release events, like The Gates of Ahn'Qiraj, Dark Portal Opens or the Scourge Invasion. This was abandoned after Cataclysm. What? So I imagined the Iron Horde invasion? The Legion invasions all over Azeroth? THE WHOLE FUCKING SURAMAR QUESTLINE LEADING TO NIGHTHOLD?!

Professions:

• Rare recipes required you to travel all over the world, either to find/buy them or to do special quests and even dungeons to unlock them. For example you needed a priest to mind-control a mini-boss to teach you Enchanted Elementium; now it's just a drop. Legion professions required the same shit
    • Sound logical, but you actually needed a fishpole to fish, a knife to skin, a hammer for blacksmith etc. You still do....
    • You had to level gathering before getting to the next zone. Now you can skin/gather in Draenor even if you're level 1.
    • You need the actual mats to be in your bag. Now you can have them in your bank and craft anything in the wild. The banks have found a way to use special teleportation spells linked to your bags. IN-GAME UNIVERSE EXPLANATION!!!
    • Alchemists and jewelcrafters needed alchemy lab to make some of the best flasks and reagents. Legion alchemy still does for rank 1 spells.
    • Skinners could skin either normal leathers or scales (used for mail armor). Now only normal leather exist. Holy fucking shit. You need to actually do research....
      SCALES
      http://www.wowhead.com/item=153050/shimmerscale
      http://www.wowhead.com/item=153051/mistscale
      LEATHER
      http://www.wowhead.com/item=152541/coarse-leather
      http://www.wowhead.com/item=154722/tempest-hide
    • Blacksmiths and engineers could craft keys and bombs that you could buy to open lockboxes or doors. Sigh. http://www.wowhead.com/spell=269064/...e-skeleton-key
      Try again.....

Flow of time:

• Gold was scarce, it took a LOT of time to save up 10g. Now you can literally make thousand of gold in a day. INFLATION!! Happen's in the real world too!!
    • Leveling took way longer. You like repeating the same stuff a lot....

Misc:

• You couldn't have Alliance and Horde chars on the same PvP server, which helped faction pride. Yes you could. It was called seperate accounts. Everyone on PvP servers had 2 accounts.
    • Dungeons were real mazes that could take hours to complete. Now it's mostly 3 bosses separated by corridors that took less than 20 minutes to defeat. And WoW is all the better for it. I remember my Pala quests. Having someone leave mid run after 2 hours of group forming, only to do same again, and group fall apart. Imagine that happening for weeks on end. Fuck going back to that bullshit design
    • Realm reputation mattered. No it didn't. Top guilds on big servers could be absolute cunts simply because they were top guilds. Everyone else were just feeder guilds and their opinions meant nothing. Those players were toxic fucks.
    • Being part of the Brew of the Month Club rewarded you with a monthly sample beer. STILL FUCKING DOES!!
    Holy fucking selective and false memory, Batman

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Colour might be hard to read, just highlight it.....
    Holy fucking selective and false memory, Batman
    Holy non-specific and generic reply with accusations like "false memory" but without pointing out examples.....................batman.

Not sure. It'll be fun for a bit but will get stale quick with no new content. But people did it on private servers..

Deleted
    What I am most looking forward to is the fact that I will be able to leave my character for a few months, come back and have my gear be as relevant as it was when I left. The lack of a gear treadmill will be amazing and every upgrade will feel that more special.

The game will also be full of more passionate players who are playing becuse they love classic and not just playing WoW out of habit.

Smaller communities are genrally less toxic so I fully expect people to be friendlier there too, but thats just a guess (based on experience) at this point.

I am hoping Ironforge is the alliance hub again, I really dig it there and even old Orgirmmar had a lot of character, will be great to have Thrall as my Warchief again as I miss him in the story.

Also no Void elves, Nightborne, Pandaren and Worgen and most importantly no flying will be a big draw for me not going to lie haha.

If you want an MMO and a fun social experience you'll play classic. If you want a game where you constantly get rewarded and want to play on a low pop server, you'll play retail.

there's probably a lot of reasons to think of

one being not liking the new content
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Because retail is two button mash haven for casuals right now. Who would play it if there is Vanilla available?

Quote Originally Posted by Drylands View Post
    Leveling in vanilla is actually balanced in a meaningful way so you can get straight into interesting gameplay from level 1.
    That's a very, very important point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TaurenNinja View Post
    As you can see, a lot of your points are either wrong, irrelevant or are no advantages of Vanilla, but disadvantages. Looks like you want to play an objectively inferior game, but still act as if it's better, just because it's different.
    Actually it just seem you're too stupid to understand that your shitty tastes don't define objectivity.

I will play classic because I enjoy the slow pace of that version of the game vs how easy the current version of the game is (at least for the things I like to do).

It will likely take me 6+ months to get my first toon to 60 and I am totally fine with that. Classic WoW and retail WoW are both equally a complete and utter waste of time so wasting ones time in classic vs wasting ones time in retail is irrelevant.

I play because i enjoy it and reminds me on good old times how World of Warcraft began to be popular and amazing game to play <3