Page 8 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    i don't believe there is a group of humans who do not hold bigoted views towards another group for unfounded assumptions. It's literally how we evolved into what we are today.
    The question is, whether this bigotry you speak of is a necessary survival mechanism. 'Muh Individualism' is a principle that only survives in a cohesive society that suppresses the emergence of identity groups that want to overthrow that society.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Wut?

I'm saying racism won't stop if we just ignore it. Racism is a lot more than just saying mean things about a race y'know.
    I'm saying knock off the racism and racism will end. You disagreed with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

What a stupid bitch.
    Do you hear the voices too?

NYT continues to prove how much of a joke they are. I'm surprised.

if it was a white person saying the same thing about asians or black ppl i could search this thread forever and i would not find a "it was sarcarm!" "it was 4 years ago! the person is changed...." but hey white ppl cant be victims of racism

Deleted

The west has offered a multicultural society in which whites own a majority and hold a majority of power. Not really equal.
    You dont understand what equal right are do you? You are not bitching about rights but about power . Once again that you have no interest in a multicultural society and you are our enemy.

The west started this relationship with slavery and the stealing of land, then moved on to treating people like 2nd class citizens and then in less than a generation all the wounds have supposed to have healed? Bull fucking shit. You're the enemy, you're the modern equivalent of those who started this shit in the first place.
    Bohoo im a victim of evil whitey while im using the internet ( white invention) living in in much higher living standards then my peers in africa and the middle east provided by evil whitey. Just sad mate

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Seems some people are easily trolled.

You guys might all need to stop being such sensitive little snowflakes.
    trolling when your own people do it, racism when anyone else does it.
    C O N S I S T E N C Y
    Working on my next ban.

Deleted
    I'm saying that if you treat people like shit then it's not on the people who are treated like shit to better themselves.
    That is just a sad way of living mate.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    "If I ever tweeted something racist back in the day, that's only because people of that race were racist to me first. I regret it, and am now absolved."wow. she just says that she can absolve herself of all guilt. No. People have gone down in flames recently for waaaaaayyyyy less and way further in the past shit. Get your torches and pitchforks, people.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    In a statement on Thursday, the newspaper's corporate communications team said Ms Jeong's "journalism and the fact that she is a young Asian woman have made her the subject of frequent online harassment.

"For a period of time she responded to that harassment by imitating the rhetoric of her harassers.

"She sees now that this approach only served to feed the vitriol that we too often see on social media.

"She regrets it, and the Times does not condone it," the statement said, adding that "she understands that this type of rhetoric is not acceptable at the Times".

Ms Jeong tweeted a separate statement, saying she had "engaged in what I thought of at the time as counter-trolling" and that she had "mimicked the language of my harassers".
    And there's the part folks like yourself continue to demonstrate that they cannot comprehend.

She admitted she was wrong, that her comments were wrong, and that she regrets having done it, and won't do it again. Pretending this is the NYT condoning her past conduct, when they explicitly state that they do not and pre-emptively clarified this with her before hiring her on, is deliberately misleading.

Forgiveness isn't a vice.

We did that already and that's what lead to today's social climate. Feel free to repeat this same cycle over and over again or just realize that people have some very justified reasons to dislike the west.
    You can really see how ignorant people are when they say "we need to segregate society and treat colored people like shit" You mean the past? You mean what actually happened and why are have the issues we do today? Like the vast majority of racial issues and issues related to inequality comes from racism from back then, sit whites purposefully keeping blacks down.

Irish people had the same issue, but Irish people are white, Irish people can blend perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    The question is, whether this bigotry you speak of is a necessary survival mechanism. 'Muh Individualism' is a principle that only survives in a cohesive society that suppresses the emergence of identity groups that want to overthrow that society.
    As i see it, humans biggest advantage was our social skills. The ability to form abstract ideas like religion or and governmental systems. Just the belief in that system created trust between the tribe members. Conversely, when confronted with tribes of humans who's shared ideas were different distrust was created. Human history shows how when the differences and distrust were great enough, war was the result. We haven't evolved out of that.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Vathoren View Post
    Oh look doublethink, that took long.
    It's not really double think... it's like attacking people and then after you stop attacking they're still upset and don't treat you nicely... it is understandable why they aren't nice, while calling the people who were being attacked subhuman isn't.

The number of ethno-masochistic whites in the thread is sickening. How pathetic do you have to be for this kinda shit to be alright? Replace white with black or jew and see how it changes your thoughts.
    Working on my next ban.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And there's the part folks like yourself continue to demonstrate that they cannot comprehend.

She admitted she was wrong, that her comments were wrong, and that she regrets having done it, and won't do it again. Pretending this is the NYT condoning her past conduct, when they explicitly state that they do not and pre-emptively clarified this with her before hiring her on, is deliberately misleading.

No, racism is one hell of a vice though, the type your kind usually whip themselves into a frenzy over the slightest chance of it maybe having occurred at any point in a person's life. So are you okay with all racism or just against whites?
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xwolf1989 View Post
    if it was a white person saying the same thing about asians or black ppl i could search this thread forever and i would not find a "it was sarcarm!" "it was 4 years ago! the person is changed...." but hey white ppl cant be victims of racism
    You absolutely would.... it'd just be coming from the other side of the fence - as would the outrage.

I honestly don't care about the content of her tweets or their context. It's the double standard that bothers me: if you're going to play the moral arbiter and fire your staff for past statements, then you need to be consistent, lest you give off the impression that some ethnic/cultural groups are acceptable targets. "No bad tactics, only bad targets", and all that.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    "your kind" good ol prejudice. Maybe don't use prejudice in an argument about racism?
    The "your kind" was in reference to our disgraced "too political to mod on MMO-C" friend's political views, being that he's so far to the left even Lenin would call him out but hey thanks for throwing that race card down so hard. How does it feel to only have one card in your entire deck?

That's one limber and dexterous imagination. I don't think I've seen a man mount the mental pommel horse that well in quite some time.

She admitted she was wrong, that her comments were wrong, and that she regrets having done it, and won't do it again.
    I'm sure she's very sincere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus
    But often in cases like these, only accorded to people when the combination of races match.

Remember when white people were denied civil rights or victims of genocide in the last 100 years? Those were the days.
    I assume you're just talking about America. If not, Poland and almost all of Eastern Europe says 'Hi.'.