Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    George Washington is probably a very bad example to use. His views on taxes were probably closer to their views than yours. In his time there were pretty much only 2 taxes - excise taxes and property taxes. He would be appalled by the taxes in place today.

List of modern taxes
    They seemed to outline any form of tax as theft. Which was not how Washington viewed them.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    George Washington is probably a very bad example to use. His views on taxes were probably closer to their views than yours. In his time there were pretty much only 2 taxes - excise taxes and property taxes. He would be appalled by the taxes in place today.

List of modern taxes
    So true. I was thinking once I read that at one time, income taxes were ruled to be unconstitutional. I might be wrong however.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    What do you mean?

The Irony.

- - - Updated - - -

The Law does not Consider Tax Theft.
    "The Law does not consider tax theft, because the king demands it so!" "Now pay up and be a good subject"

Let me speak in American for you as this has happened once before in American history. Taxes are theft, I understand that some of it's a necessary evil, but 80% of it needs to be abolished. Americans should only pay 15% flat tax. ALL AMERICANS should have skin in the game. Fuck your progressive tax. "But what about the poor" Yup Fuck them too.

You're lucky I don't have control, but there's plenty of people who think like me. Hopefully one day we have full control. Survival of the fittest. Contributors of society succeed. The parasites either find a way to contribute or become soylent green. Their choice, and it's a choice. I'm sure you think drug addicts don't have a choice either.

To a parasite I'm such a monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post
    "The Law does not consider tax theft, because the king demands it so!" "Now pay up and be a good subject"

Let me speak in American for you as this has happened once before in American history. Taxes are theft, I understand that some of it's a necessary evil, but 80% of it needs to be abolished. Americans should only pay 15% flat tax. ALL AMERICANS should have skin in the game. Fuck your progressive tax. "But what about the poor" Yup Fuck them too.

You're lucky I don't have control, but there's plenty of people who think like me. Hopefully one day we have control. Survival of the fittest. Contributors of society succeed. The parasites either find a way to contribute or become soylent green.

So, how are you going to pay for your nationalistic authoritarianism without taxes? Your hatred of freedom is noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    So true. I was thinking once I read that at one time, income taxes were ruled to be unconstitutional. I might be wrong however.
    They were never ruled to be unconstitutional, it was simply that Congress had no power to assess a tax on income. The 16th Amendment was the origin of that power, and it was sold with a comically transparent web of lies about it really only being intended to tax a few dozen particularly wealthy people. But selling massive upheavals to our social order via expanding federal powers through telling absolute whoppers pretty much sums up the first half of the 20th century in public policy terms.

Let me speak in American for you as this has happened once before in American history.
    Taxes are theft because you want them to be?
    Last edited by szechuan; 2018-08-03 at 12:01 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account

You're lucky I don't have control, but there's plenty of people who think like me. Hopefully one day we have full control. Survival of the fittest. Contributors of society succeed. The parasites either find a way to contribute or become soylent green. Their choice, and it's a choice. I'm sure you think drug addicts don't have a choice either.

Yes, the disabled absolutely chose to be that way.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

This is a ghost gun!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    They were until the 16 Amendment was adopted in 1913.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post

This is a ghost gun!
    Lol!! That video was worth a lot of laughter. Not uncommon for politicians to show they have little understanding about firearms. The classic one is the politician stating magazines are a one time use item.

- - - Updated - - -

They were until the 16 Amendment was adopted in 1913.
    I wish it was unconstitutional now. No income tax form to fill out. No hidden income. Sales or consumer tax is the way to go. The more you spend, the more you pay in taxes. Seems fair to me. I have always hated income taxes.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Deleted
    "You wouldn't download a car!"

No, but apparently I'd download a gun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    "You wouldn't download a car!"

No, but apparently I'd download a gun.
    You can even download internet ham.