Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I like it, but I run with unreliable healers and crazy people. So for me, the fact that I can start pumping out massive healing with WoG or just FoL spam and have excellent utility as a dps makes the class interesting for me. I love the BfA buffs to Ret healing. All my utility and healing is on mouse over macros and my grid is front and center since I also heal. But yeah, if you are looking just to have offensive abilities, I would pick something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tercio View Post
    Author of Details! here, the spell "Light of the Martyr" is still a thing on BfA and it's still causing damage back to the caster?
    "Greater Blessing of Might" still exists? and it still work on the same way?
    thank you guys.
    Light of the martyr is a holy spell but both still exist and do the same things yeah.

Tbh it feels fine, not being tied into a dmg window with judg feels good again and yes sometimes there a fraction of downtime but nothing major and certainly not like Arms in the past or even DH with the DB talent for auto attacks and waiting on either a proc or a burst of fury gain.

In my current build I noticed that i'm waiting sometimes for like 1 second on either CS, Judg or BoJ but that rarely happens back to back or often enough to concern me and playing arms in the past and DH when DB was the go to talent im used to doing 1 sec or more of ''nothing'', I am playing without hammer of wrath currently so I see potential for that to catch some of the ''downtime'' during execute phase or wings.

I like the TV animation and it feels like a beefy finisher right now, not sure if that is pre-patch or not but it feels like something that should cost 3 HP, idk its satisfying right now in a way.
    Divine Storm is what it is, I don't mind it, I don't hate it, I don't love it, sometimes i'm even in the mood for a simple one button AOE playstyle so lucky me lol.
    I know its pre patch etc etc but using it in dungeons I don't feel like im being left behind on AOE, but stuff dies instantly now in the pre patch at 110 so not the best way to measure it.

I don't even mind the return of Inq ( though I never hated it in the past neither ) 45 seconds is ample of time on a ''buff'' like this and in the past I used a aura for it as well so its not ''hard'' or anything.
    Mobility is what it is, can put 2 charges into steed and its still on a 45 sec cd instead of 1min so there is that, I played mainly lock during Legion so I can't complain in the movement section of things lol, even playing warrior a lot makes me see that its pretty lackluster too outside of charge range and with leap on CD.

So yeah all in all it flows well imo and I like it, there is more mobile stuff out there and AOE machines but so far it performs fine for me and I'm really having a blast right now that they took that CS window off Judgment.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by capri sunset View Post
    Light of the martyr is a holy spell but both still exist and do the same things yeah.
    Erm.....no. Greater Blessing of Might was removed during Nighthold.

Personally, I'm beyond bored with Ret. Played it quite a bit on pre-patch and it still feels like Legion Ret, which is a completely gutted version of the mighty WoD Ret. Future looks bright though, maybe? Early Uldir sims show us as middle to bottom melee spec with Survival Hunters doing way more single target damage than us. (Yeah, yeah. I know number tuning is a thing but mark my words, Ret will never be top in BfA).

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Using both legendary cloak and highlord ring, the rotation feels super smooth.

Able to use both inquisition and the procs talent is a boon.

the double damage buff on T is insane, topping meters easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    It's better than Legion Ret if only because you don't have to use Crusade. Damage being better outside of wings is great, DP making shit hit harder is really nice. AoE obv feels worse but honestly i'll take it.

Even after the squish the rotation is smooth which is a big deal.
    This^

I played Ret on beta, and said BFA Ret feels better than legion ret. And most now playing pre-patch are saying the same thing.

Shield of Vengeance and Word of Glory two previously useless abilities made Excellent I'm so happy with. And i don't care for aoe as i don't raid. PvP is my jam.

Looking forward to launch to level in warmode i dare horde to try touch me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    This^

I played Ret on beta, and said BFA Ret feels better than legion ret. And most now playing pre-patch are saying the same thing.

Shield of Vengeance and Word of Glory two previously useless abilities made Excellent I'm so happy with. And i don't care for aoe as i don't raid. PvP is my jam.

Looking forward to launch to level in warmode i dare horde to try touch me.
    I am a much bigger fan of running selfless healer over WoG personally its more fun + I feel that the CD is to long on WoG it also helps that I did most of my PvP in wotlk were selfless healer was bread and butter utility back then T.T. Also why did ret not get sac back? ret still has no real utility that makes it stand out and blessing feel weak as they are atm either up the amount of people you can bless with at least kings or give something special to ret, becuase atm if ret is not top dog dps in BFA it will be benched for prot and Hpalas due to having no real value over them. Well also retribution(10 secs instead of 20) is also alot weaker so you cant rly cheese meters on progression raids anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato88 View Post
    Erm.....no. Greater Blessing of Might was removed during Nighthold.
    Shit you're right misread mb, man I wish wisdom went away with it too

Quote Originally Posted by Tercio View Post
    Author of Details! here, the spell "Light of the Martyr" is still a thing on BfA and it's still causing damage back to the caster?
    "Greater Blessing of Might" still exists? and it still work on the same way?
    thank you guys.
    tagging incase you didn't see

Quote Originally Posted by Saiako View Post
    I am a much bigger fan of running selfless healer over WoG personally its more fun + I feel that the CD is to long on WoG it also helps that I did most of my PvP in wotlk were selfless healer was bread and butter utility back then T.T. Also why did ret not get sac back? ret still has no real utility that makes it stand out and blessing feel weak as they are atm either up the amount of people you can bless with at least kings or give something special to ret, becuase atm if ret is not top dog dps in BFA it will be benched for prot and Hpalas due to having no real value over them. Well also retribution(10 secs instead of 20) is also alot weaker so you cant rly cheese meters on progression raids anymore.
    I can't speak for raid damage meters. PvE is not my focus at all.

But for arena pvp and mostly 2v2 which will be my focus going into BFA, WoG is far too precious (by the way it has 2 charges so basically 30 sec cd) the fact i can heal both me an my partner to practically full hp in a flash is far too good not to use. Self-less healer needs ramp up by judgement casts an when used, you have to build it up again. WoG only needs 3 holy power and that comes easy in the middle of a fight.

Also blessings on me and my partner allows for faster stacks for my Hammer of Reckoning which serves as a 2nd burst window when Avenging wrath is on cd. Another Priceless talent.

But for arena pvp and mostly 2v2 which will be my focus going into BFA, WoG is far too precious (by the way it has 2 charges so basically 30 sec cd) the fact i can heal both me an my partner to practically full hp in a flash is far too good not to use. Self-less healer needs ramp up by judgement casts an when used, you have to build it up again. WoG only needs 3 holy power and that comes easy in the middle of a fight.

Also blessings on me and my partner allows for faster stacks for my Hammer of Reckoning which serves as a 2nd burst window when Avenging wrath is on cd. Another Priceless talent.
    What do you mean, basically a 30 sec cooldown? it doesn't work like that. It has 2 charges, Each with a seperate 1 min cd and they cannot recharge at the same time
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    What do you mean, basically a 30 sec cooldown? it doesn't work like that. It has 2 charges, Each with a seperate 1 min cd and they cannot recharge at the same time
    People always seem to do this when an ability has charges. Most people assume each charge independently refreshes right after use instead of charges to be mostly for start of fights/saving up for specific parts of a fight.

Dude when you use one charge it starts to recharge, they both have separate 1 min cds so yes you could use a charge every 30 seconds.

It doesn't sit at one charge until you use it. As ive seen it many times if i don't use the second charge after a min its back to 2 charges. You even see the internal cd clock on the button when its recharging One charge.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny enough Savix is using my exact build for his arena games, and I was using it in beta before he even had beta access lol
    Last edited by Bane-Thunder-God; 2018-08-03 at 02:49 PM.

Just feels slow to me. Like walking in mud.

Dude when you use one charge it starts to recharge, they both have separate 1 min cds so yes you could use a charge every 30 seconds.

It doesn't sit at one charge until you use it. As ive seen it many times if i don't use the second charge after a min its back to 2 charges. You even see the internal cd clock on the button when its recharging One charge.
    If you use WoG every 30s (or when available).
    0s - 1 charge, 2nd at 60s
    30s - 0 charges, 1 charge at 30s, 2nd charge at 90seconds
    60s - 1 charge ready and immediately use so at 0 charges, 1st charge ready in 60s, 2nd in 120s.
    90s - 0 charges, next at 30s, then at 90s
    120s - 1 charge ready and used, 60s for next charge. It is now usable every minute

Basically, it's 30s until you use up all charges then it's just a 1 min cooldown. Charges let you stock up for burst moments of usage instead of needing to use every minute to maximize.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Using both legendary cloak and highlord ring, the rotation feels super smooth.

Able to use both inquisition and the procs talent is a boon.

the double damage buff on T is insane, topping meters easily.
    I can second this. With Soul of the Highlord/Nathrezim Cloak, it feels much smoother. The fact that it requires legendaries, one with an ability to add a talent wholesale on the bottom of the tree for us to use is unsettling however.

Hopefully Azerite will fix.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny enough Savix is using my exact build for his arena games, and I was using it in beta before he even had beta access lol
    Every player with some functioning brain cells was using the same build...because it was the best build. You're nothing special, it's not "your build".

But the fact that you cannot understand how WoG's CD works says enough about your braincells already.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Every player with some functioning brain cells was using the same build...because it was the best build. You're nothing special, it's not "your build".

But the fact that you cannot understand how WoG's CD works says enough about your braincells already.
    Wow did i insult your mother? Why are you so angry? no one said it was 'my build' I'm just pointing out that the build i use is being used by arguably one of the best Rets in the streamin game.

Why you so triggered?

So baseline Avenging Wrath is suppose to grant Crit as well as damage now, but I'm never seeing the crit portion. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Deleted

Why would anyone focus on 2v2? does it give tittles now? I am confused here and from what I have seen PvP is no better than it has been since the changes aka a giant shit turd(not been over 2.2k since around MoP). Also I dont think you how selfless healer works stacks are gainned every time u spend HP not every time u cast judgment, either way not like WoG is a option for PvE as its a dps loss, GL topping people with WoG as well in BFA when our 2ndry stats will be much lower atm I can easily have 42% crit 36% haste and almost 30% mast and with non crits x1 cast is around 25% hp atm with WoG.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahela View Post
    So baseline Avenging Wrath is suppose to grant Crit as well as damage now, but I'm never seeing the crit portion. Is this a bug or am I missing something?
    It only increases your attacks crit chance, not trinkets' etc, that's why you don't see it on the stat tab.