Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[SPOILERS] "Victory for the Forsaken"?

So I was just watching the BFA opening scenario "Battle for Lordaeron" from the Horde player's perspective and it just bothers me so much that Nathanos Blightcaller says "Victory for the Forsaken!" (instead of "FOR THE HORDE") while ordering a bunch of Horde players around. As a Horde player I just HATE this dude. He is super condescending when talking to us in the Seething Shore battleground, he is super disrespectful to all of the Horde, he is being super disrespectful to Baine throughout the entire scenario. There is no honor in this guy, and clearly he doesn't give a shit about the Horde, only about Sylvannas and the Forsaken. At this point, I would rather just kill him and Sylvannas and be done with them. What do you guys think?

There is (and never was) honor in horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cLax0n View Post
    So I was just watching the BFA opening scenario "Battle for Lordaeron" from the Horde player's perspective and it just bothers me so much that Nathanos Blightcaller says "Victory for the Forsaken!" (instead of "FOR THE HORDE") while ordering a bunch of Horde players around. As a Horde player I just HATE this dude. He is super condescending when talking to us in the Seething Shore battleground, he is super disrespectful to all of the Horde, he is being super disrespectful to Baine throughout the entire scenario. There is no honor in this guy, and clearly he doesn't give a shit about the Horde, only about Sylvannas and the Forsaken. At this point, I would rather just kill him and Sylvannas and be done with them. What do you guys think?
    Bro, he's Forsaken. Literally 99.9999992% of them are pricks. That's why RP'ing on an undead would be enjoyable for a bit. Just rip into everyone you see, all day long.
    Find it rather advantageous to keep both in power. Early BFA, knowing what happens & whom the Horde allies with, they're in a good place.

Virtually every friendly/neutral human NPC for years said "For the alliance" when clicked on, regardless of what faction they were actually part of.

I think you're reading too much into it.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Virtually every friendly/neutral human NPC for years said "For the alliance" when clicked on, regardless of what faction they were actually part of.

I think you're reading too much into it.
    You kinda proved my point with this post. The Alliance represents all the races within it, its a faction.

Deleted
    No one should really be surprised. I even wonder why people ingame and one the forums who are not undead are still saying "For the Horde! Sylvanas is my Warchief!". (Unless roleplaying the sheep we Horde players are at the moment)
    She doesn't respect the living. She did shady stuff behind Garrosh's back, she said she won't take orders from a troll at the end of SoO.
    Gul'dan mocked us.
    Varimathras warned and mocked us.
    She will betray us.
    A huge part of the forsaken is and was always like her. The book showed us different forsaken as well. I guess we will see a split within the forsaken as well.
    Voss is like a character that could have built up for that position for a forsaken revolution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I dunno, i kinda like the fact that nathanos isn't our asslicker.

Him being a condescending prick is exactly the reason people liked him in vanilla (that and being a Horde-friendly raid boss). Not every NPC has to lick your boots.

For example, I would love to see Kum'isha again because I simply loved his dialogue, but unfortunately he will never show up again, especially since people these days get offended if they're not worshipped as gods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

I actually really like his character.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would gladly change your Nathanos for our Malfurion/Anduin/Magni. Nathanos is dick and its best part of him.

It would be really cringey if he yelled FOR THE HORDE. Just like it was when Sylvanas screams it in the cinematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    I would gladly change your Nathanos for our Malfurion/Anduin/Magni. Nathanos is dick and its best part of him.
    so you like Nathanos, but hate Sylvanas ?

sexist confirmed ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I dunno, i kinda like the fact that nathanos isn't our asslicker.
    Fine line between a boot licker and a condescending dick wad. I don't like Nathanos' character either because he's a sycophant (to Sylvanas) and a dick wad to other faction leaders and characters. I don't hate him as much as I do Malfuion and Tyrande but I don't like his character, either.

OT, I agree OP, out of all the horde characters, I'd want those two dead most right now.

Oh, and NPI, Thrall's Horde, its best iteration to many, was founded on the principles of honor. So was the Frostwolf Clan of Draenor, you know, that one clan that wasn't SELF-DESTRUCTIVE?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    so you like Nathanos, but hate Sylvanas ?

sexist confirmed ^^
    Nathanos and Sylvanas are different. First is psycho maniac with dick attitude. Second is evil manipulative lying piece of shit. Also i'm not sexist I like female characters too. But I like them for what they are as characters but not for their looks (Jack from Mass Effect/Scout Harding from Dragon Age) - for example people like you (name and avatar sold you).
    Last edited by Highwhale; 2018-08-04 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Nathanos and Sylvanas are different. First is psycho maniac with dick attitude. Second is evil manipulative lying piece of shit. Also i'm not sexist I like female characters too. But I like them for what they are as characters but not for their looks - for example people like you (name and avatar sold you).
    as long as you believe that, pal ^^

Quote Originally Posted by cLax0n View Post
    You kinda proved my point with this post. The Alliance represents all the races within it, its a faction.
    lol That's why the king is always a human. They are sooooo representative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats actually a big step for him. The only thing he really cares about is Sylvanas everything else is inconsequential.

Which is probably why he seems to be worried about her in Before the Storm and Warbringer: Sylvanas. I dont think he approves of whats happening when they are together is the only time shes not full of hate so he knows her true self and seeing this anger and rage probably tears him up inside.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    He's Forsaken....they are defending his home...seems like a reasonable thing to yell...just sayin'

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NPI View Post
    There is (and never was) honor in horde.
    Oh boy...another Alliance fan setting high on his pedestal?

Take some time and catch up on 20 years of lore and you'll discover how silly that statement actually is

Does he actually say it (white text/in a quest text) or is it just his standard click reaction?
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."