Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find it amusing how quick ppl are to say it's represenative of Blizzard's financial status. I really doubt it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good change, shouldn't have required a pre-purchase to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Wasn't this an advertised pre-order bonus? Seems a bit shitty to pull that out after advertising it as such.
    No, it wasn't, it was mentioned in the last Q&A but never mentioned on advertising.

NOT MANY BOUGHT bfa, DESESPERATION AT IT'S FINEST, FOLKS

10+ Year Old Account
    I can agree that this is a solid change, although I wasn't aware of the paywall to begin with lol. Doing something like this strictly rewards players who pre-ordered the game through Blizzad. People who have discounts available to pre-order games elsewhere (BestBuy and Amazon, for example) and have ordered through those means would be left out of the loop, even though they had technically already pre-ordered the expansion. Good job on Blizzard's part for this change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    No, it wasn't, it was mentioned in the last Q&A but never mentioned on advertising.
    Ah, that bothers me less then. Hard to remember where all the information comes from.

If Blizzard had advertised a pre-order feature and then pulled it after most pre-orders were already sold I'd be a bit shocked at such poor practice, but I'm not going to blame Ion too hard for making a mistake during a Q&A.

Quote Originally Posted by FBWA View Post
    I disagree as it was part of the expansion launch originally and not pre-launch content. Fuck lazy people who didn't bother to buy the new expac.

This has nothing to do with lazy, but many people don't like to preorder videogames and get their key just right before launch, when this will be removed.
    So 'we' would never see this part of the content altogether.

Good to see they fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mycon View Post
    I prepaid for the game anyway so i was playing irregardless.

Clearly though this is blizz attempts to draw people into BfA after the absolute backlash they got from the Burning of Teldrassil so they want to give players a few more grams of heroin so they want more come August 13/14th.
    The word you are looking for is "regardless".

Quote Originally Posted by Warllyz View Post
    The word you are looking for is "regardless".
    Gotta love a bit of portmanteau

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daan View Post
    It's not fair to remove a promised pre order bonus.
    it literally was not promised until like only a few weeks ago, it is not listed on the pre-order itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Weirdly enough, new character modelds were advertised for Warlords of Draenor (on the box art) even though literally everyone got them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Weirdly enough, new character modelds were advertised for Warlords of Draenor (on the box art) even though literally everyone got them.
    Yea, they do that on occasion, i mean, it's "technically" and expansion feature... I guess... in some minor way lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Right now this is the systems patch to prepare for when it goes live next week. Pre expansion content is content before the expansion launches. That is what the War of Thorns is. Not expansion content per se but content that starts the arc that builds into the launch on the 14th.

Also did Legions pre patch make you pre-order to do invasions? No.

Did WoD for the Iron Horde Invasion? No

Did Cata for the Elemental/twilight stuff?

Did Wrath for the zombie invasion?

You get my point? Yes this was initially meant to be a pre order bonus by letting people get in 1 week early but again even Blizzard realised it was silly leaving some people in the lurch for a week. Therefore quickly reverted the change.

And again I highly doubt this 1 5 minute scenario is why the majority of people preordered. If anything the fair chunk of preorders would have been done when they went live months ago. Back then all that was known was you got the boost and Allied Races.
    I pre-ordered long ago and don't care but I find it funny how you feel the need to defend blizzards choice by replying to ever negative post about a PREORDER EXCLUSIVE no longer being the case, give it a rest, you won't get on their payroll.

The only thing these news should do is make more people happy.
    But nooo, you just have to be a bunch of salty bastards...
    Last edited by Easo; 2018-08-06 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FBWA View Post
    I disagree as it was part of the expansion launch originally and not pre-launch content. Fuck lazy people who didn't bother to buy the new expac.
    Lol, not gonna buy pre-purchase expack like some pleb. Gonna wait for the physical collection edition.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikkof View Post
    NOT MANY BOUGHT bfa, DESESPERATION AT IT'S FINEST, FOLKS
    Are Blizzard haters truly so pathetic that they would bash.....this? It's the same content as Broken Shore, so something you will skip after first playthrough. Boo fucking hoo.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Inbefore someone is saying the had to give the undercity scenario to everyone cause there werent enough pre-orders to get enough groups going
    I played the scenario about 10 times on ptr and Blizzard did a good job with scaling. 3 or 20 people doesn't matter, it plays pretty much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    I pre-ordered long ago and don't care but I find it funny how you feel the need to defend blizzards choice by replying to ever negative post about a PREORDER EXCLUSIVE no longer being the case, give it a rest, you won't get on their payroll.
    Yeah yeah I know. Dare to debate someone who takes a positive change and makes it out to be negative and you are "white knighting". Maybe read one or two of my posts about BFA before pulling that card. I'm fairly sceptical of some of the things coming in this expansion.

But whatever you say buddy. This change is a good one. It not only benefits those who don't preorder it also benefits those who bought Physical copies such as CE's in which you don't get the key until launch night.

There is zero downside to this. People complaining about it are those who just complain for the sake of it no matter what this company does. They are the kind of people who could get a free mount, pet and copy of BFA from Blizzard and they would still find someway to spin it to fit their negative nancy narrative.

Criticism is fine. Posting "bleeding subs" or "game must be dying if they need to do this" as some people have done isn't criticism. It's just taking a positive change and again spinning it to fit their narrative of "Blizzard da bad guys". I'd be impressed if someone actually found some actual critique to this change. Because it literally benefits everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Lol, not gonna buy pre-purchase expack like some pleb. Gonna wait for the physical collection edition.
    I was contemplating the CE this time but sadly I've just recently bought the FF14 Stormblood Collectors Edition and I didn't want to make another big purchase like that.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-08-06 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    Ugh, I am so tempted to resubscribe just for this event... Haven't played in 7 years I think.
    Long time MMOC member and like a thousand posts on a game you havent played in 7yrs? Is there a name for this illness?