Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Oops on their part. Bet they wish this never came to light.

Whatever the case, it does not seem like a happy place to work. Happy employee's put up with each others oddities, or in this case sexism. I've been in a few jobs where all kinds of otherwise intolerable activities occur. The offenders are generally likeable personalities who politely apologize in their own way. They help somehow to make others lives better or just invite them to happy hour, drinks paid. But at the end of the day, it's all forgiven.

One women offended accepted some bathroom work done in reconciliation, as example. She was OK with the quality, and the two never had a problem again with the other person.

It's the rare case where people hate their job and other people around them so much that this gets media attention. LOL.

Essentially - Riot Games - not a fun place to work.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2018-08-08 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    Wow that really sucks that you had to be nice to your boss. Nobody could have any idea what that must have been like.
    Being nice to ones' boss and staying professional, I can handle just fine, both then and now.

Accepting him touching my shoulders, dragging his fingers through my hair, insinuating that he'd take me to a Hotel etc etc? Not so much.

Kotaku is a rag,I'm not going to trust it

Besides,a large amount of the other sources provided are people going against the OP,so yeah....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    since when is riot a sjw company? there champions don't really fill the feminist vibe.
    If your company changed your twitter logo to a rainbow during pride and had a march, you might be a sjw company.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Yeah but do you play real games like Call of Duty?

- - - Updated - - -

They don't fit conservative feminism, but you could make an argument that they fit with female empowerment feminism pretty easily.
    Sometimes, actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by mitre27 View Post
    People like to blame failure on sexism/racism/random other reasons all the time rather than look at their own shortcomings.
    You don't seem to know much about game development.
    Wow that really sucks that you had to be nice to your boss. Nobody could have any idea what that must have been like.
    Women go to work to earn money, not get touched, harassed, hit on, demeaned etc.

looks like 99% of the other people at riot dont feel the same way - she should just quit if she doesn't like her job at riot.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post

Women go to work to earn money, not get touched, harassed, hit on, demeaned etc.
    Yeah, that must be really tough to have to deal with something not directly in your job description. I'm sure nobody else has any idea what that's like.

Why, if something like that happened, i think i'd have to...possibly, just maybe, quit.

On the subject of promotions:

I read 2-3 threads posted in the OP. The women there reinforce how they were the only ones that could possibly do their jobs. They were emotional wrecks. Never promoted even though they were THE ONLY ONE that could do their job. That was repeated so many times in one of the twitter streams. Well later she was fired/quit and somehow her job went on and the company didn't collapse?

Maybe management noticed her popping pills just to get through work, barely holding it in emotionally, etc. How can this be blamed on sexism? Her own male boyfriend had been fired for doing bad work. I just don't see how this is accounted to sexism. In her mind she was busting her ass, barely holding things together. But to management, its possible they saw her barely doing her work and barely holding it together etc... sexism where? She posits if she were a man, (or not attractive, her words) that she would have been management by now. Really? Reading through her self-account of the story does not make it seem that way to me.

I'm sure some of these are legitimate, but how can we really hold this story up as sexism?

15+ Year Old Account
    Why did you include me in that? D:

EDIT: oh nvm you just messed up the quoting by accident.

- - - Updated - - -

Fake gamer grill.

Real gamers play roblox.
    I am a casual .scrub
    Yeah, that must be really tough to have to deal with something not directly in your job description. I'm sure nobody else has any idea what that's like.

Why, if something like that happened, i think i'd have to...possibly, just maybe, quit.
    Nice victim blaming.

Sooo... your argument is that people should take harassment in the workplace and treat dealing with it as improvisation?

Yeah, how about no. If I as an employee am expected to behave professionally, so is my boss. That goes for everyone working under someone, male or female.

Related to promotions also but unrelated to the accusations: If you are irreplaceable you are also unpromotable.
    My point was that: obviously she wasn't though. The song and dance went on after she quit/was fired. So in her head she was making this heroic stand, working as 2 people when they "should" have had 4... but it doesn't seem that was the reality.

Literally the only thing she mentioned about sexism was a rumor spread around, and that she was supposedly passed up because she is a cute female.

She also mentions her low pay, and the low pay of other women, but didn't mention at all what the men were making.

Did you read the whole article? o.O
    I"m reading through the separate links - I was specifically referring to one of the twitter threads.

It's not really victim blaming it's just general retardation. He probably genuinely doesn't understand how being groped and harassed by your boss is different from moving the red box when your job is to move blue boxes.
    Haha, indeed.

Improvising happens when I am needed to perform a task I generally do not concern myself with, or when a situation calls for altered measures. Ducking a boss at every turn and making sure to never end up with him alone in a room, is damaging to the performance of an employee. And for what? To preserve the sense of entitlement that a man in a position of power has towards interns?

Sorry, preserving the ego of such "men" is not in the best interest of employees, nor the company.

Yeah, let me just quit my job and give up my means of surviving, it's super easy.

"JUST QUIT LOL /4HEAD"

/facepalm
    well it's no problem for me, why is it a problem for a super strong women so brave to speak about her horrible situation at her workplace. If my coworker makes stupid comments i don't like i'll speak with him about it or tell that my boss - if things are not getting better i'll quit. Easy as that.

Giving up means of surviving lol. She isn't going to cut her legs off or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    well it's no problem for me, why is it a problem for a super strong women so brave to speak about her horrible situation at her workplace. If my coworker makes stupid comments i don't like i'll speak with him about it or tell that my boss - if things are not getting better i'll quit. Easy as that.

Giving up means of surviving lol. She isn't going to cut her legs off or something.
    A leg is not a vital means of survival in modern society. Not even 2 of them, actually.

And defending the culprits is not very classy either way. If things don't change in a workplace, that means others will also be affected. Is it really a smart business strategy...?

Brave women (and men) ARE speaking up at an increasing rate, and still we have people such as yourself attempting to downplay it, more concerned with protecting the ego of the offending man (or woman) or simply stroking your own, rather than the rights of the employees.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-08-08 at 01:10 AM.

This post is absolutely fucking blowing up on reddit right now.

I think League of Legends is finished.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but do you play real games like Call of Duty?

- - - Updated - - -

They don't fit conservative feminism, but you could make an argument that they fit with female empowerment feminism pretty easily.
    could you though? they have alot of female characters and they fit pretty much any roll possible but other then say miss fortune none of them have really pro women and alot of them are defined by men like sivir riven Kalista Shyvana ect.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    If your company changed your twitter logo to a rainbow during pride and had a march, you might be a sjw company.
    Jesus your standers are low.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Jesus your standers are low.
    Or they're high. If a company wants to virtue signal, at least fucking stick to it.

7+ Year Old Account
    You could and people have. Look up some of the defenses of Bayonetta, for instance.
    league has a ton more female characters then bayonetta though and they really don't have any sort of pro feminist uniform design.

Kotaku and polygon are trash. I don't like riot but this seems like a hit piece.

Also op is known for making bait threads.