View Poll Results: Will you still watch GotG without Dave Batista?

Voters
237. This poll is closed
  • Yes

97 40.93%
  • No

140 59.07%
Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

If Dave Batista is fired and recast, would you still watch Guardians of the Galaxy 3?

Pretty much saying Disney is to blame for allowing a "smear campaign", I think he's either gonna be fired or probably quit. All the GotG cast are very close. So if one goes, another might.

https://twitter.com/DaveBautista/sta...44855058649095

This isn't a "I DONT WATCH IT SO I DONT CARE" thread. nor is it a "HOLLYWOOD IS 2 FACED" thread.

Simply creating a poll to see who will still watch or not without Dave Bautista.

I spelled his name wrong on the title -_- help

Probably not in theaters, maybe if it's just on TV or something. The first GoTG was a real gem and probably one of the better MCU movies in regards to setting and characters alone, but a big part of that comes from Dave Bautista as Drax imho.

Nah...
    Dave is my favorite part of the last 2 movies, he's also a shining spot in the Infinity War movie which is feeling forced at this point.

Someone needs to smooth it over with him, it would be a crime to let him go.

Hes by far the most replaceable character on the team.

I think I would be more upset if the voice actor for the raccoon changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I understand Disney wanting to protect their brand, but their move here was bad for movies, bad for watchers, and just a bad decision in general.

He was the worst part of Guardians 2 and Infinity War so I don't see why it would affect me.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post

I think I would be more upset if the voice actor for the raccoon changed.
    Surprisingly it's Bradley Cooper

I'd still see it, although since Gamora's dead we'd be missing 2 cast members ?
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

I love the tweet. Must suck for the Left to see their commonly used tactics used against them.

That said, the cast is just perfect. It will definitely not be the same and I'll be sad if it ends up ruining the franchise.

Drax doesnt even need to be recast. He can easily be killed offscreen or better yet not killed off screen but doing other things in the galaxy during the time of the movie. Kinda like when hawkeye was supposed to appear in captain america winter solider but didnt.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Surprisingly it's Bradley Cooper

I'd still see it, although since Gamora's dead we'd be missing 2 cast members ?
    GotG3 is after IW2. So she will be alive again by then.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Didn't vote. Don't care.
    I didn't bother with the 2nd movie.
    And I thought this version of Drax was among the worst comic-book interpretation.

Ya know, it's actually refreshing to see things like this where people try to destroy someone in the court of public opinion and a friend stays by their side.

I really don't like going after people's character without evidence. The mob mentality on social media is extremely cancerous.

Prolly not

GOTG has so much charm and the characters work so well together that it would ruin the chemistry they all have and its hard to replace that sort of chemistry.

I really do hope Disney comes to there senses and rehires James Gunn and tbh i think they will cause at the end of the day all Disney cares about is its profits to its shareholders who iam sure will pressure them to resign him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't like the first movie, so I wouldn't watch it anyway.

I waited till both movies were available on Netflix to watch them. But if they bring Gunn back and support him, it would probably convince me to goto the theaters and watch G3.

Honestly, kudos to him. He is speaking his mind and not being intimidated by the possible repercussions to his career. Maybe it's because he isn't as ingrained in the Hollywood culture as actors with a longer resume, but I'd like more people like him around.

Answering the question: I'll probably not watch it. It's starting to look like the next Avengers might be my last Marvel movie. I don't support Gunn's firing, and if Bautista follows I'm probably out.

Art by draken4o

I've loved his comedic parts of the movies for sure. The movies just wouldn't feel right without him even if the character remained played by a new actor...

They should just say "fuck you!" to the Trumpanzees that dug up the old tweets and keep Gunn.

Relevant:

https://www.change.org/p/marvel-re-hire-james-gunn
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-08-08 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I love the tweet. Must suck for the Left to see their commonly used tactics used against them.

That said, the cast is just perfect. It will definitely not be the same and I'll be sad if it ends up ruining the franchise.
    Theres a difference between saying a really shitty and bad taste joke ten years before (which disney had previous knowledge of) and someone going on a racists rant calling black people monkeys

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Life View Post
    Didn't like the first movie, so I wouldn't watch it anyway.
    You dont read posts do you.

The second movie was an abomination. So I won’t watch #3 if the same director is back. I won’t watch it if Bautista is replaced or remains.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours