Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cool scenario, was fun to play.
    I esp. enjoyed the Warcraft III Arthas camera angels. Suddenly I felt so damn cold as if s/o walked over my grave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycann View Post
    It might of been asked, but do you need to do the Battle for Lordaeron Scenario on all characters in order to progress in BFA once its out?
    Nope, you can skip it just like the Broken Shore Intro

Deleted
    Cutscenes were okay. It's definitely not Shakespeare, but then again it's a silly videogame with orcs gnomes pandas and murlocs. Still, I wish the Alliance had a leader who could actually think ahead of the enemy, for once. Omega power levels aren't that much of an asset, if your team is made of gullible idealists and the opposition is ruthless and effective. Andwin should stop taking his father as a role model and start to anticipate that undead bitch's next move. I hope Jaina and Glenn will start taking turns in slapping some sense into him soon, instead of glowering (or growling) in the back row, because so far he's been dumber than Tommen Baratheon.

Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    I am confused as to how the alliance just happen to land there and the Horde never saw them coming...wtf?

Also in my scenario we had the boy king at like 20% and then we get called to retreat...really lame. The boy would have been killed if players could dictate how this rolled out....

I am concerned maybe the interns are writing the story as this whole thing was just so unbelievable and from a story point of view, pathetic.
    what do you mean? If you read the horde short story you'd know the horde expected them to come to the undercity , saurfang was sent there to help evacuate before the attack started, sylvanas wanted them there to bury them all under lordaeron rubbles

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xavin View Post
    Cutscenes were okay. It's definitely not Shakespeare, but then again it's a silly videogame with orcs gnomes pandas and murlocs. Still, I wish the Alliance had a leader who could actually think ahead of the enemy, for once. Omega power levels aren't that much of an asset, if your team is made of gullible idealists and the opposition is ruthless and effective. Andwin should stop taking his father as a role model and start to anticipate that undead bitch's next move. I hope Jaina and Glenn will start taking turns in slapping some sense into him soon, instead of glowering (or growling) in the back row, because so far he's been dumber than Tommen Baratheon.
    I particularly liked they left in the game Saurfang having a stroke in the cutscene where sylvanas considers using the plague
    he was like :

https://youtu.be/5ZzxMKSXFEQ?t=2m15s at 2:15

Deleted
    And who's that Dark Iron dude in the cinematic, anyway? I didn't read all the comics, novellas and stuff, is he going to become the Zappy Boi Alliance equivalent? I'll call him Firebeard Daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Anduin had been preparing a fleet to sail to Darnassus, probably sent them really quickly. Explains why there was no 7th legion in the battle. Also explains why the Horde couldn't protest their landing, they barely had time to prepare the city.

- - - Updated - - -

Guess she wasn't ready for Anduin to send the troops back to Brill before facing her.
    Never said it worked as she had planned. Simply said that was her strategy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Which is why I point to the gnomes working out how. They see the horde has done it and they build one too. Remember, the Alliance in elergy only theorize that Sylvannas and the Horde have weaponised azurite, suggesting they haven't yet.
    The hords tank Dooms howl in Arathi "Doom's Howl was created from stolen Alliance engineering plans." and "Lion's Roar is the pinnacle of Alliance engineering" is the original for that version ^ ^ its in the Adventure guide for BFA.

Jaina comes in as the usual Jaina Ex Machina. At least she's self aware with how ridiculous it was and she came in on a fucking Disney ride.. that was more funny than impressive.

I do really like how Blizzard continually writes the Alliance as the worst military tacticians on the planet.

Going to attack a city filled with people who routinely use the blight as a weapon? Nah, we don't need to plan for that.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    And a massive wave of winter ice. She did it all at the same time without even breaking a sweat. And was prepared to teleport out the WHOLE army.
    I guess you never played Warcraft 3, where Archmages Ultimate literally is MASS TELEPORT!
    Every Archmage learns mass teleport. Nothing new.
    They can also conjure Blizzards.

But normal Archmages aren't wielding Antonidas' Staff infused with the Thunder Kings power.
    Jaina does.

Quote Originally Posted by frogbound View Post
    I guess you never played Warcraft 3, where Archmages Ultimate literally is MASS TELEPORT!
    Every Archmage learns mass teleport. Nothing new.
    They can also conjure Blizzards.

But normal Archmages aren't wielding Antonidas' Staff infused with the Thunder Kings power.
    Jaina does.
    Gameplay for the sake of gameplay is hardly canon.

Jaina's power is at that level for the sole reason of bad writing to save incompetent military commanders.

#wwgd

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Well, there is a general casualty count, if you want to call it that. The Alliance army got routed by a token force whose only role was to lure the Alliance inside the city. Which implies that the Alliance lost a large part of it's army to make it rout. The npc-s mention the many losses suffered after the scenario. But ok, not an exact count. Maybe you should ask Blizzard to post one so you won't try to hide behind this benefit of the doubt bullcrap.

I don't think the Horde lost that many soldiers since they didn't walk into a trap. But like you said, we don't have exact numbers. Also both factions lost a city, the difference being, one was evacuated the other was, well barely evacuated. Or maybe you saved everyone in those 2-3 minutes?

I'll give you Jiana, but are you sure she's an ally? I guess time will tell considering how much face Anduin and his lackeys have lost during this scenario and how perfect her timing was, not to save everyone, mind you, just to make her look good and Anduin totally incompetent. I wouldn't be surprised if they made Jaina the new queen and I'd be less surprised if she hadn't planned it all along. I guess we'll have to wait and see if my suspicions are false.
    "Genn - cover our flanks. We will call for reinforcements (if we need them). We cannot afford to funnel everyone through one side; there will almost certainly be traps." ~ King Anduin

Maybe you only played the Horde side? That would explain why you think it was one-sided. You only played one side! Anduin does not have Sylvanas's experience, but he's not stupid either. All of us expected to be traps, even those who've never spent time in the military. It was obvious.

So did the Alliance suffer losses? Yes. Did they lose more than the Horde? That's not clear. The blight undoubtedly got some, but Anduin insisted on saving as many of those as we could "The Alliance leaves no soldier behind. Not this time."

And in Ashenvale? Darkshore? Horde suffered losses there too. Saurfang expected as much, but knew he had them outnumbered and could afford it.

So all we know is both sides have suffered casualties and each side lost a city (both of which are uninhabitable).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    I do really like how Blizzard continually writes the Alliance as the worst military tacticians on the planet.

Going to attack a city filled with people who routinely use the blight as a weapon? Nah, we don't need to plan for that.
    I agree they should have had a plan for the blight, even if Sylvanas found a way around it. For them to be caught flat-footed was poor writing.

As for Jaina, she was freezing and teleporting entire armies 4 expansions ago, after Wrathgate, the first time Alliance invaded Undercity. She's long been considered one of the most powerful mages on Azeroth. Having her fight for the Alliance... is like having Khadgar take sides.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    "Genn - cover our flanks. We will call for reinforcements (if we need them). We cannot afford to funnel everyone through one side; there will almost certainly be traps." ~ King Anduin

Maybe you only played the Horde side? That would explain why you think it was one-sided. You only played one side! Anduin does not have Sylvanas's experience, but he's not stupid either. All of us expected to be traps, even those who've never spent time in the military. It was obvious.

So did the Alliance suffer losses? Yes. Did they lose more than the Horde? That's not clear. The blight undoubtedly got some, but Anduin insisted on saving as many of those as we could "The Alliance leaves no soldier behind. Not this time."

And in Ashenvale? Darkshore? Horde suffered losses there too. Saurfang expected as much, but knew he had them outnumbered and could afford it.

So all we know is both sides have suffered casualties and each side lost a city (both of which are uninhabitable).

- - - Updated - - -

I agree they should have had a plan for the blight, even if Sylvanas found a way around it. For them to be caught flat-footed was poor writing.

As for Jaina, she was freezing and teleporting entire armies 4 expansions ago, after Wrathgate, the first time Alliance invaded Undercity. She's long been considered one of the most powerful mages on Azeroth. Having her fight for the Alliance... is like having Khadgar take sides.
    Yea, but not after flying a ship for thousands of miles.

Why must my mage only be constrained by mana?

#wwgd

- - - Updated - - -

See the thing is, I played it on both sides to make sure I wasn't missing something that might give me some insight to what comes next, so again, cut the benefit of the doubt bullshit please. And yeah, he expected traps, that does not excuse walking in every one of them. It's like walking on the street, you expect there'd be some dog shit lying around but that does not mean it's ok to step in it.

Ok, I see now, it's you being unable to take a loss. My god that's childish. Maybe you should check the cinematics again, he literally leaves several soldiers behind as the blight comes.

You should be begging for Jaina to take power. You already follow a queen.

As far am concerned, the alliance is the biggest loser right now, lost darnassus and lost lordaeron too by the horde hands, they couldnt prevent both of them, and obviusly dont forget the cheat code jaina used.

Am an Archmage too, and forsaken on top of that, i want to summon a ghost pirate ship too lol

See the thing is, I played it on both sides to make sure I wasn't missing something that might give me some insight to what comes next, so again, cut the benefit of the doubt bullshit please. And yeah, he expected traps, that does not excuse walking in every one of them. It's like walking on the street, you expect there'd be some dog shit lying around but that does not mean it's ok to step in it.

Ok, I see now, it's you being unable to take a loss. My god that's childish. Maybe you should check the cinematics again, he literally leaves several soldiers behind as the blight comes.

You should be begging for Jaina to take power. You already follow a queen.
    You've yet to demonstrate it was a loss. Did Alliance troops die? Yep. Did Horde troops die? Yep. Did any lore characters die? No, although one was captured.

All you've got is some impressions through your very thick Horde-colored glasses. We don't even know how many troops each side started with, let alone how many died. But hey! If it makes your day to say Horde won, enjoy! I'm calling it indecisive at the moment, which is how I think Blizz wanted it on launch day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post
    As far am concerned, the alliance is the biggest loser right now, lost darnassus and lost lordaeron too by the horde hands, they couldnt prevent both of them, and obviusly dont forget the cheat code jaina used.

Am an Archmage too, and forsaken on top of that, i want to summon a ghost pirate ship too lol
    Pretty sure Jaina is already level 120, or 123 (boss level). Only mage on Azeroth in her category would be Khadgar. Although, for all we know, each cannon was one-charge and that whole broadside took hours to set up. Maybe she has to charge each one individually. We don't really know a lot of details on what her limits are. But she sure makes a grand entrance!

You've yet to demonstrate it was a loss. Did Alliance troops die? Yep. Did Horde troops die? Yep. Did any lore characters die? No, although one was captured.

All you've got is some impressions through your very thick Horde-colored glasses. We don't even know how many troops each side started with, let alone how many died. But hey! If it makes your day to say Horde won, enjoy! I'm calling it indecisive at the moment, which is how I think Blizz wanted it on launch day.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure Jaina is already level 120, or 123 (boss level). Only mage on Azeroth in her category would be Khadgar. Although, for all we know, each cannon was one-charge and that whole broadside took hours to set up. Maybe she has to charge each one individually. We don't really know a lot of details on what her limits are. But she sure makes a grand entrance!
    And hence there is no official number you get to hold your benefit of the doubt charade. But ok, let's just see what happens next. I'm fairly certain this event will be revisited during the course of the expansion.

Hey, next week I'm gonna meet a guy who sets fire to Stormwind. Half the city burns, but I'm sure everyone is ok.

And hence there is no official number you get to hold your benefit of the doubt charade. But ok, let's just see what happens next. I'm fairly certain this event will be revisited during the course of the expansion.

Hey, next week I'm gonna meet a guy who sets fire to Stormwind. Half the city burns, but I'm sure everyone is ok.
    SPOILER ALERT: Jaina puts the fires out. Half the city does not burn. Honestly, you keep spouting this stuff like Horde or Alliance can really win? We already know that only cities destroyed are Darnassus and Undercity, because players have played on test realm and other cities are still there. And gee guess what? Alliance still has an army left! So guess Sylvanas hasn't killed them all.

Quote Originally Posted by emgee View Post
    Nope, you can skip it just like the Broken Shore Intro
    Great! Thanks for that. I still haven't decided on what classes I'm playing at the start...Torn between Hunter, Rogue, Warrior, or Priest.