Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Please see the edited part. I put in some more details (I assume that you posted this while I was editing it), such as Thrall have used water to wash away the Blight before, and how Jaina's ship didn't really fit in DeM category.
    I actually hadn't seen the Thrall bit, really wish Wrathgate wasn't removed, was on an Ally for that portion of WoTLK : /.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Still, the mage shield and teleport doesn't count. Those are known abilities of powerful magi, particularly Jaina and mass teleporting.
    Being able to cast anything after just being hit with a scream that silences in lore is not a known ability of powerful magi. Dar'khan was stronger than Jaina ever was when he was draining Anveena and he couldn't power himself through the silence. And given how BtS reaffirmed how Sylvanas' scream can kill as well (even Anduin and his comic plot armor), casting when you should be dead is also not a known ability of powerful magi. Unless you could things like Medivh casting after he was resurrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Another thing. The Undercity was full of Alliance spies, yet none of them figured out the entire city was rigged to explode with the blight.
    Not the first time they've been useless. Won't be the last (until Anduin disbands SI:7 for their continuous incompetence).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    The other leaders let him be the leader of the Alliance not for his superior military knowledge and experience (or the lack thereof), but because of many other reasons (which had been stated over and over so many times here). Making bad decisions isn't his fault alone to blame, given that we have seen how the Alliance made their decisions while Anduin being the High King. At the very least, he has an experienced veteran leader next to him (Genn) on battleground, and in the planning room, Anduin discussed the plans with every leaders involved before making decisions.

Turalyon and Jarod are good at leading an army. However, that's not the only factor - and one might argue that not even the most important one - for the leader of the Alliance, not too different from real life. Strategic decisions can be consulted with advisors, but political standings, connections, and attitude can't be done as easily.
    (It's not like Lothar was originally voted to be the SAC just because he was an extremely intelligent leader either)
    There is one reason, he inherited it, this battle shows his complete lack of experience, Sylvanas was clearly planning to loose Undercity all along and he played right into her hands. Jaina was the only unexpected thing, had she not shown up Anduin, Genn and Alleria would all be dead. She put on a show for the other Horde leaders but knew it was a lost cause, so she planned to take Lorderon off the table.

Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    Aegwynn, Medivh, Med'an really want to talk to you about OP mages.

Anyway, WoW is full of OP and "deus ex," it's practically a hallmark. Not your cup of tea, but I find it more fun than "oh shit how realistic!"

(Can see a lot of people agreed already: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...hat-fantasy-is)
    Only thing I would have preferred, instead of Jaina swooping in to save the day to everyone's surprise.

Have Anduin call her in, Jaina being a counter after Sylvanas utilizes Blight.
    That way Anduin and Co. don't look like dummies for forgetting Sylvanas would use Blight at some point.

Then she could swoop in unexpectedly to the Horde, who were not expecting a flying unit or Jaina's presence.

That's my biggest complaint really. The Alliance having zero plan for countering the Blight.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    2. its called the blight, not the plague, this already has proven to me your just trolling and know nothing about the lore.
    Yeah sorry, ive been busy getting fit, partying my ass off and getting laid, so a huge mistake as this can only be excused because of me being a little rusty. Lmao people getting angry over a video game what nonsense

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-08-09 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Received Infraction
    An'u belore delen'na

Dalaran was not lifted by one mage BUT ARE YOU SAYING 100% of its population is constantly holding it up?
    Khadgar got "training" (Not really training) from the second guardian who only had a portion of the guardians power
    Jaina got training from the ORIGINAL guardian, and got gifted her power.
    LOLOL alright so you must be either new to lore or not know the lore since like ---- Lord of clans book
    I just want to clear up something- Jaina did receive some training from Aegwinn, but Aegwinn was not the "first" or "original" guardian of Tirisfal, and Medivh wasn't the second guardian, he was the last (if you don't count Med'an, which no one should).

Also, you keep correcting everyone, but Blight and Plague are interchangeable, as both are used and referenced, sometimes even by the same character (I think it's even referred to as both in the Battle for Lordaeron scenario). Technically "Blight" is the name of the original plague used by the Scourge (as well as the building mechanic used in WC3 similar to Zerg Creep). The current version used by the Forsaken is the "New Plague" but also called the "Forsaken Blight".

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Blight
    /Catchphrase!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastor Gallywix View Post
    Yeah sorry, ive been busy getting fit, partying my ass off and getting laid, so a huge mistake as this can only be excused because of me being a little rusty. Lmao people getting angry over a video game what nonsense
    Lol yeah...
    You are the one who literally made a thread getting angry about a video game and its lore, while saying "wow you nerds getting angry about the lore and video game, i wanna discuss lore"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dannihilate View Post
    I just want to clear up something- Jaina did receive some training from Aegwinn, but Aegwinn was not the "first" or "original" guardian of Tirisfal, and Medivh wasn't the second guardian, he was the last (if you don't count Med'an, which no one should).

Also, you keep correcting everyone, but Blight and Plague are interchangeable, as both are used and referenced, sometimes even by the same character (I think it's even referred to as both in the Battle for Lordaeron scenario). Technically "Blight" is the name of the original plague used by the Scourge (as well as the building mechanic used in WC3 similar to Zerg Creep). The current version used by the Forsaken is the "New Plague" but also called the "Forsaken Blight".

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Blight
    Sorry yes she was the "pent ultimate" such as she was the first guardian that took the power of ALL the guardians, unlike in the past when it had been many guardians.

Well i mean yes, they are, but the plague of undeath is usually just called the plague, while the blight is just that the blight. The plague of undead is what raised people into undeath after killing them, and is what most people think then they say plague, while the blight is simply a magical chemical that melts anything it touches and suffocates those that inhale it, living or dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The real problem here is that these "Siege Towers" were some weird combination of cannon and trebuchet, which could easily have been seperate units, and really aren't suited for being placed in mobile towers, especially so high up. They should just have tipped over.

Besides, if you're not going to push them up close, then why bring them at all? They could easily have fired those weapons over the wall from back where they stand without the silly towers.
    Ohh yeah, I'm not debating the ridiculousness of them. Their design in game is clearly to move closer and allow fire over walls. They would be completely ineffective in real life, well in game too...
    Their awful weight distribution would leave them easy to tip over, not to mention loading such an obvious target with gun powder would just invite defenders to target the rolling bomb in the attackers lines.
    It's so incredibly stupid it actually stops being cool.

Quote Originally Posted by keyboardshinobi View Post
    There is one reason, he inherited it, this battle shows his complete lack of experience, Sylvanas was clearly planning to loose Undercity all along and he played right into her hands. Jaina was the only unexpected thing, had she not shown up Anduin, Genn and Alleria would all be dead. She put on a show for the other Horde leaders but knew it was a lost cause, so she planned to take Lorderon off the table.
    That's one reason, but not the only reason. There are multiple reasons why Anduin isn't a bad choice for the High King role - from his character and personality, to connections (the one with best relationships with every other leaders by far), to political and financial backing (leader of Stormwind, the canonically most powerful and populated force of the Alliance); (Un)surprisingly, it's very similar to real life: the leaders - be it political or military - aren't always the most well-versed in strategies (and don't need to either).

Yes, the battle showed Anduin's lack of experience. However, is he the only one to blame? Genn was a veteran warrior and leader who experienced the Blight first-hand before. Alleria spent 500 years fighting against the Legion with the Army of Light. The only one who was with Anduin, but wasn't experienced in leading an army was Jaina, but she went through multiple war as well. Yet, none of them - not Genn, Jaina, Alleria, or Mekkatorque realized what Sylvanas was planning until it was too late (and for this matter, neither did Saurfang, another well-known and respected military leader, I'm not too sure about other leaders of the Horde). If all Anduin's advisors didn't know what was going to happen, is it fair to blame Anduin alone when sharing his experience with the boy was the reason why Genn was always next to Anduin at the first place?
    Last edited by Qualia; 2018-08-09 at 01:35 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

She also mass teleported entire armies during the attack on mount hyjal.
    More importantly, she has NOT mass teleported the Alliance troops on the broken shore when the battle was lost. Even though she was right there. Instead, Varian had to sacrifice himself.

And to think Genn is blaming the Horde for Varian's death, lmao.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    More importantly, she has NOT mass teleported the Alliance troops on the broken shore when the battle was lost. Even though she was right there. Instead, Varian had to sacrifice himself.

She was most likely exhausted there, she was most likely unable to reach them, that and the massive amount of fel there made spell casting difficult (stated by khadgar)
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post

She wasn’t actually right there we never see her in that cutscene we don’t know where she was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    You mean when he struggled to combine the 3 mage elements into an unstable spell to blow up a dam? Vs. Jaina just kinda effortlessly shooting magic remotely out of a cannon while also levitating an entire Galleon, the IRL equivalent weighing somewhere around 750 tons?
    You shouldn't be thinking about it as a jedi using force to pick things up, it's more like a levitation buff, she conjured a spell and it now flies, instead of having to constantly concentrate to keep it afloat

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    The Banshee stuff was stupid but if you do the Horde side of the battle you see that whole plan was to lure them into the city and blight them to death. Most of the horde scenario is evacuating the Undercity. You see the Blight bombs all over the place.
    Yes, yes, lure manthings into the city and blow them up, yes, but lets flood the gates with poisonous juice so they won't get into the city.

It doesn't make sense, if she wanted to lure the, into the city she wouldn't prematurely plagued on both armies. But she did. It can only mean that she didn't wanted them to get into the city or she watched spoliers and knew about floating ship and Jaina freezing everything, which is stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

She's one mage doing all of this, Dalaran wasn't exactly lifted by a single mage.
    Khadgar, and Jaina both got training from a guardian, the spell she used was arcane, when her specialty is pretty undeniably frost magic.
    The canons being magic canons doesn't somehow make it better?
    And she is a powerful mage. Yes, and dalalaran uses magical artifacts to keep it afloat. It's not like it's floating because Khadgar is doing all this *ugggghhh* stuff while clenching his fist and struggling.

All magic is arcane magic, regardless of what colour stuff flies from your hand, magi don't control elements, they just conjure stuff using arcane magic.

Magic canons aren't canons, just like arcane missiles aren't missiles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    There is no such thing as a "ladder tower", unless you are referring to a siege ladder, which is just a single ladder.
    A siege tower is a device, specifically for the purpose of approaching and potentially breaching wall defenses, while keeping operators safe.
    There is no discerning between a siege tower that is meant for putting people over a wall or a siege tower that is meant to give attackers a vantage point over the wall. Both are siege towers.
    Lets call a spade a spade, its neither a "ladder tower" nor "siege tower", it's a gunspire. A giant moving pillar with lots of dakka. When Sylvanas looked into one of these in cinematic, she've seen a dwarf cranking some shit (instead of it having proper gnome steam engine, fuck), there was no army of soldiers sitting inside, ready to somehow get on the wall, there is no bridges or ladders on it, there is nothing that would make me thing that this device is used to safely transport assault army to the wall and put them on said wall. But this tower has a lot of guns and it is devastating, while poorly armoured, so, i would guess that it's a gunspire that is used to shoot at long range at all directions using lots of dakka and moving very-very slowly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I mean lets be real the other leaders just let him command because they are still sad he lost his father.

I really like Anduin, but the fact he is the de facto leader of the Alliance because of inheritance, over any of the other leaders who have so much more experiencethan him, its silly.

Granted, the fact that Sylvanas is Warchief because something whispered it into Vol'jin's ear, it's silly too.

*shrug*

10+ Year Old Account
    The players prior to this had no idea Jaina's boat could fly, nor that mages had a way to deal with the blight, despite this she KNEW she could do it. We've only seen the dragonflight that represents life actually able to do ANYTHING about it, and even that was a hollow victory.
    Didn't we? She pulled it from the depths of the sea, off fucking course it can fly, it's like #1 thing you would assume after watching her cinematic.

It was a cloud of blight, it still can be moved by wind, and blasts generate shockwaves, and it moved clouds I don't see why she shouldn't be able to do that. She moved it away, she didn't removed it completely.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by High Exarch Yrel View Post
    Because Golden doesn't give a crap about more experienced and qualified leaders such as High Exarch Turalyon.

I assure you, if Turalyon, the one who has has to contend against Archimonde, Kil'jaeden and Sargeras himself for many centuries, had been the Supreme Commander of the Allied army attacking Lordaeron Keep, the battle would have played out very differently.

Perhaps this is what infuriates me the most. Turalyon and the Golden Army, these battle-hardened, highly-disciplined, immortal soldiers, should be leading the vanguard to Lordaeron. They embody the Light's justice, the Light's wrath. They are eternal protectors of creation. They have survived against all odds for thousands of years despite living in Legion space. They have TWO dimensional ships (Vindicaar and Aurobos) at their command. And yet they are nowhere to be seen. Why? Because the conniving writers have some kind of fetish for Anduin and Stormwind.

I never understood why they gave all the power to a 18-yo-old who keeps failing for the same cheap tricks over, and over again. Just because he is the King of the strongest Alliance city doesn't mean that he should automatically become High King. Sir Anduin Lothar was the Supreme Commander (= High King, as per the writers) of the Alliance of Lordaeron and yet his nation was the weakest by far in the Alliance. Why was he instantly chosen as High King over Terenas? Because he, unlike Terenas, was experienced in warfare, and his military acumen was astonishing. Political power had nothing to do with it.

As Anduin himself stated, Sylvanas is the one who gave the order to burn Teldrassil, but he, as an inexperienced, naive and weak-willed Boy King, is the one who failed the thousands of harmless civilians who burned to death that night. So why are the other Alliance leaders still on board with Anduin as High King?! What kind of crappy writing is this?! I hope that Sylvanas murders Anduin in the future so that we can get rid of him once and for all.
    Jesus, this was a cringe-fest to read. You seem to have quite the hard-on for someone who has no problem forcing the Light onto others and was completely dumbfounded by the dual nature of the naaru; something, surprise surprise, even ANDUIN WRYNN knew about.

Anduin is the High King because it's a hereditary position. No one has ever else held the High King title other than Varian himself. And, uh... concerning Anduin, he lives until old age as of Son of the Wolf, so I have a feeling he's going to be High King for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    It's on par with the overall quality of WoW's writting.

Which is bad, but I mean, why are you surprised?
    If Anduin still gets to be surprised at Sylvanas using blight, we should be allowed to show some surprise at the utter silliness of Blizzard’s writing lately, it’s only fair...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    Only thing I would have preferred, instead of Jaina swooping in to save the day to everyone's surprise.

Have Anduin call her in, Jaina being a counter after Sylvanas utilizes Blight.
    That way Anduin and Co. don't look like dummies for forgetting Sylvanas would use Blight at some point.

Then she could swoop in unexpectedly to the Horde, who were not expecting a flying unit or Jaina's presence.

That's my biggest complaint really. The Alliance having zero plan for countering the Blight.
    Yes, gnome hazmats would be great for this fight actually

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    She wasn’t actually right there we never see her in that cutscene we don’t know where she was.
    Probably trying to target the right pixel to drop blizzard on top of horde army on top of the ledge just for lulz

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Yes, gnome hazmats would be great for this fight actually

- - - Updated - - -

Probably trying to target the right pixel to drop blizzard on top of horde army on top of the ledge just for lulz
    It’s what I would be doing if I was her. Hell I tried to get to the horde group a few times during the scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Didn't we? She pulled it from the depths of the sea, off fucking course it can fly, it's like #1 thing you would assume after watching her cinematic.
    Wait really, I don't recall anybody talking about how Jaina had a flying boat now with her Warbringers cinematic right after it came out. I remember a lot of threads talking about the symbolism of the cinematic, not so much about magical flying boats. Maybe I was just in different threads, and somehow missed the flying boat threads that I'm sure would have been popping up if it was, as you say the "#1 thing you would assume after watching her cinematic."