Poll: When will we get Dark Ranger class?

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Dark Ranger class - when?

When do you think we will get Dark Ranger class?

I can see it having 3 specs, using mail and being all about intellect. 2 ranged specs and one melee. Void(Alleria),Undeath(Sylvanas),Melee(Nathanos)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post

I can see it having 3 specs, using mail and being all about intellect. 2 ranged specs and one melee. Void(Alleria),Undeath(Sylvanas),Melee(Nathanos)
    How you gonna have a class that is forsaken only...

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    How you gonna have a class that is forsaken only...
    Void elves too imo. But uh, it'd have to be a 4th hunter spec or something. IDK.

10+ Year Old Account

Doubt it'll be a class but a specc..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    I think that could be done like Dark Ranger Horde / Void Ranger Alliance with flavor differences for balance sake, Alleria and Sylvanas leading each class. Would be fun!

Nathanos in the beginning of the Seething Shore asks how there aren't any Dark Rangers in the ranks for the fight! Can it be a hint?

"Nathanos - Let me have a look at you. Ugh...pathetic! Why aren't there any dark rangers in your ranks? Well, you'll have to do."
    Last edited by mmocf7edf4d68f; 2018-08-09 at 10:41 AM.

Deleted
    Sylvanas will kick the bucket in BfA, i'm sure. Wich makes the timing completely off. Honestly... it should just be another hunter spec, not a class.

Would be awesome if they did this sooner rather than later. Then, all 3 Hunter specs can be pet based. All the folks that want a "pet free" Hunter can be a Dark Ranger. This would really open up both classes for some neat stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Would be awesome if they did this sooner rather than later. Then, all 3 Hunter specs can be pet based. All the folks that want a "pet free" Hunter can be a Dark Ranger. This would really open up both classes for some neat stuff.
    Dark rangers can also use pets though, and summon temporary pets.

provides 0 new gameplay....is not needed in game. You can satisfy 90% of the demand with the introduction of certain transmog items.

The only other class i would like to see is some kind of tinker/mech thing. That gnome king looks bad ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Dark rangers can also use pets though, and summon temporary pets.
    They don't have to though At least not one that you have to manage (i.e. via pet bar)

I think it is a given. Lots of hints, nathanos asking why we don't have any like said above. Also the other person nailed it, alleria leads void version for ally, and sylv/nathanos leads shadow version for horde. Also if sylvanas has a redemption arc and goes neutralish she could lead both sides like illidan with DHs or say how DKs were led by a bit of both faction.

Lots of hints dropped lately...

https://warcraft-secrets.com/secrets...nter-transmog/

Something ive said forever is they could have also done it where horde version is shadow and ally version is nature(more like a regular fantasy ranger). Same abilities, just different icons and colors for animations. Nature dmg instead of Shadow for ally. But now with void alleria I think they could just spin it where they have a void spec, a shadow spec, and a melee spec like OP said.

I would be exceptionally bored if Dark Ranger was made a playable class, let alone right after Demon Hunters were released. Let alone that adding a pure DPS class is one of the worst design decisions you can make for an expansion.

They don't have to though At least not one that you have to manage (i.e. via pet bar)
    Neither do hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcarsenal View Post

Something ive said forever is they could have also done it where horde version is shadow and ally version is nature(more like a regular fantasy ranger). Same abilities, just different icons and colors for animations. Nature dmg instead of Shadow for ally. But now with void alleria I think they could just spin it where they have a void spec, a shadow spec, and a melee spec like OP said.
    I wouldn't say a quest that gives dark ranger armor to hunters is a hint that a completely different class is going to be added, and what you are describing is literally hunters. That is all dark rangers are, they are hunters who shoot purple arrows instead of green/blue ones, and summon undead or undead beasts instead of regular beasts.

Also the void is shadow.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2018-08-09 at 01:15 PM.

Why do you even want such a class? They're pretty much just MM hunters aren't they?

No way are they going to make another hunter class with so many race options, I would bank on it more being a fourth spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed. I'd love a high pace Ranger type class that didn't have a pet, and I find that none of the hunter specs are what I'm looking for.

That being said, I doubt we'll see a Dark Ranger class.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcarsenal View Post
    I think it is a given. Lots of hints, nathanos asking why we don't have any like said above. Also the other person nailed it, alleria leads void version for ally, and sylv/nathanos leads shadow version for horde. Also if sylvanas has a redemption arc and goes neutralish she could lead both sides like illidan with DHs or say how DKs were led by a bit of both faction.

1 Hood that was added in Legion isn't "lots of hints dropped lately"... especially considering that other classes have also gotten extra transmog items.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Why do you even want such a class? They're pretty much just MM hunters aren't they?
    Yep, they would have to have vastly different mechanics then a normal hunter. But I do think that if we are getting a new class it will be mail armor based as the other types are overcrowded already, and Dark Ranger fits into this.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    1 Hood that was added in Legion isn't "lots of hints dropped lately"... especially considering that other classes have also gotten extra transmog items.
    Yes I understand that but factor in Nathanos' comment, his sudden importance, Sylvanas moving to forefront, and Alleria showing up too, I'm not saying I am requesting the Dark Ranger class, I'm just saying it would not surprise me. Especially if were possible gearing up for a Lich King 2.0 scenario, or even just void. Undead are resistant to old god/void whispers.

4th Hunter spec, Int/Magic based...