Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Whatever, wake me up on BfA release.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why this matters. Does anyone actually want to be really old and weak? 60-70 is more than enough.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna die right here in front of my PC from Heart conditions, we all are.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sleeping is like most things. Moderation. I have read studies which stated, those who sleep 7 - 8 hrs live the longest and those who sleep less, have the shortest lives and those which slept more than 8 hrs, had slightly less longevity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I don't get why this matters. Does anyone actually want to be really old and weak? 60-70 is more than enough.
    Lol! Depends on the kind of shape you are in and how well you feel. There are a lot of people still in good shape in that age range and feel well. Jack la'Lane was in great shape, active up until 2 weeks before he died at the age of 95. My grandmother was active, walked to town to grocery shop until she fell and broke her hip at age 92.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by metzger84 View Post
    Whatever, wake me up on BfA release.
    Sure fam, I got you.

apparently all the things I do makes my life shorter, damn

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Guess I'm fucked. On my days off, I take advantage and sleep in for a good 8+ hours.
    This. Just pulled 10:30pm-7am graveyard shifts five days in a row. Got home, went to bed, and slept through almost midnight.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I average 7 hours, when I was young I could sleep up to 12, I am so happy I don't need that kind of sleep anymore, I felt like I slept my weekend away.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Sure fam, I got you.
    Ohai, Grim Reaper!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    It's not exactly "less than 8, more than 8", but other than that, you're right. Not getting enough sleep increases risks, and sleeping too much increases risks. The optimal amount of sleep for adults is around 7-9 hours if it's proper sleep, with proper REM cycles, and the exact amount varies from person to person. There is a "safe zone" of sleep you can get, so it's not down to the minute, thankfully.
    I rarely get a full 7-9, or not that I think it counts as a full cycle. I always wake up 4 hours or so in and then go back to sleep. When I have to pull a double shift I'd get 2 hours and then have to force myself to go back to sleep.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Get back to us when you are 60 and we will bring the knife.

If I remember that study right it is severely lacking. Was it the one that did not take into account why people were sleeping? Very sick people tend to die a lot and sleep a lot.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And here I was thinking I was going to die young since I rarely get 8hrs.

10+ Year Old Account
    i hear sleeping 24/7/365 causes death 100% of the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Best to stay awake at all times then!
    is that why i see draenei everywhere?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You should sleep when your body needs it. My guess is the more sleep you need after eight hours the more likely you are to have existing conditions that have already raised your chances for death...sleep apnea comes to mind.

And people who sleep more than 7 hours but less than 8 hours are immortals I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

I think people are reading the findings a bit wrong. They're saying extra sleep is an indicator of other problems, not that extra sleep causes them.

From the article: "The important message is that abnormal sleep is a marker of elevated cardiovascular risk and greater consideration should be given in exploring both duration and sleep quality during patient consultations."

Just turn into a Vampire and you won't have to worry about how little or how much you sleep.

Deleted
    Nonsense.!

10+ Year Old Account
    One of those statistics you have to chalk up on being bs since less and more than 8 is unhealthy?

It's just a correlation to other problems such as depressed people probably sleep more and mood can ultimately be health degrading as well.