Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew View Post
    12 years and 40k euros ?? Am i the only one who think this sentence is a joke ?
    The worst is:
    "The boy had been removed from the couple temporarily by social workers, but was then handed back to them."

Justice never learns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Or it is time for you to read the remainder of my posting and think about it. The sentences here are made so that every healthy individual has a chance of serving the sentence, combined with active rehabilitation and post-sentence evaluation processes I'd say we have little reason for change but more for fine-tuning if needed.

A lot people simply read the OP and imprinted it into their minds as is without thinking whether BBC could actually only be telling half of the story, which they did. Do not take articles without further checking of facts, especially articles that report about Germany but not in German are usually very flimsily written pieces.

The article fails to mention an important detail added to the whole sentence: subsequent preventive custody which are per law common to any criminal to be proven psychopath or mentally ill person such as notorious child molesters in the vast majority of cases are. For every German that is synonymous with life sentence because mentally ill people or severe psychopaths are unfit for society and have to be locked away. For every non-German this obviously means: dallying in the sun and getting served cold drinks on the beach. Well, if you are so jealous about them then why not ask them for changing places?
    Honestly, those monsters should have the chance to enjoy a quick death. That's all. Second chances ..... What about the kid who's life is destroyed... he will not have a second chance...

Honestly, those monsters should have the chance to enjoy a quick death. That's all. Second chances ..... What about the kid who's life is destroyed... he will not have a second chance...
    The death penalty is fundamentally incompartible with the idea of inalienable human rights.

The punishment for the mother is way too low imho. She chooses to live with this known pedo and let her son get abused (and she abused him too) + she let him get raped by strangers for money and she only gets this low sentence.

Weird case overall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    The death penalty is fundamentally incompartible with the idea of inalienable human rights.
    That's my point. When you do inhuman things you should lose your human rights.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    The punishment for the mother is way too low imho. She chooses to live with this known pedo and let her son get abused (and she abused him too) + she let him get raped by strangers for money and she only gets this low sentence.

Weird case overall.

Are they drug addicts? They sound like drug addicts.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

That's my point. When you do inhuman things you should lose your human rights.
    Your point is that you cannot understand basic english?
    You do know that you can look up those words that you do not understand, right?
    Like 'inalienable'?

Or were you trying to say that you do not consider yourself 'human'?

15+ Year Old Account
    No state in the US does even do that. Why should Germany do that again which is following a wholly different paradigm in criminal justice and doesn't even have the death penalty and even when it did have one it never went beyond using it for anything else than aggravated murder? Also I'd like to know how serving long jail and in the male offender's case also ending up in protective custody equals second chance. Second chance for what exactly? You seem to have a very linear and unrealistic view on life. I'd say there is a higher chance of the kid eventually recovering and living a productive life than his former caretakers. When you become an adult your chances at life are shrinking more rapidly the older you get. Perhaps understanding that justice doesn't mean revenge would be a first step of understanding - you can satisfy a guilt but never revenge. Some people claim these people acted inhumanely, yes, I agree, but there's a famous German poet who spoke of fighting monsters and the dangers of looking into the abyss...
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Your point is that you cannot understand basic english?
    You do know that you can look up those words that you do not understand, right?
    Like 'inalienable'?

Or were you trying to say that you do not consider yourself 'human'?
    I do not consider those "parents" human, yes. My dog should have more right than them.
    Nothing to do with me, i don't rape people or child.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    No state in the US does even do that. Why should Germany do that again which is following a wholly different paradigm in criminal justice and doesn't even have the death penalty and even when it did have one it never went beyond using it for anything else than aggravated murder? Also I'd like to know how serving long jail and in the male offender's case also ending up in protective custody equals second chance. Second chance for what exactly? You seem to have a very linear and unrealistic view on life. I'd say there is a higher chance of the kid eventually recovering and living a productive life than his former caretakers. When you become an adult your chances at life are shrinking more rapidly the older you get. Perhaps understanding that justice doesn't mean revenge would be a first step of understanding - you can satisfy a guilt but never revenge. Some people claim these people acted inhumanely, yes, I agree, but there's a famous German poet who spoke of fighting monsters and the dangers of looking into the abyss...
    I know, no country does that. I was just expressing my anger. For me, child abuse is worse than killing someone..