Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    I've unsubscribed every expansion except Legion.
    I never even bothered to play Legion. I know that fanboys make it out to be the best thing that ever happened to mankind after penicillin but to me it was just kung fu pandas & pokemon on steroids with green tint.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    I lapsed my account 1 month into first raid and came back during the troll patch.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    My memory can be wrong, but patch notes just can't - all nerfs were clearly stated there and justified by "Well, you need to use CC to actually fight against 1 mob at a time, that is possible without even having healer and tank, otherwise your tank would be one-shot and healer will go oom just after 2 casts of any ability, that isn't weakest one". I won't even tell you, how broken game mechanics were at that time. Healing tank via Lifebloom only, cuz everything else was causing instant oom? Yeah, nice.
    That's dungeons being harder, not classmechanics being nerfed. Also, CC (as in, longterm hard CC) was not needed. Sure, it made it easier, but it was pretty much the same as doing any high M+ today. Kiting/interrupting/short term CC was the most effective way to go, not TBC style CC.

This is not an argument lol. Healers and Tanks had WAYYYYY better toolkits in Cata than in WotLK. Just like today, if you spam your Flash Heal ability, you would be oom instanty. The difference is that today you don't even have the option to gear/gem/enchant towards more mana regen, today you can only get stronger heals.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

half cataclyst, the guild saw the shit it was and swtor appear, so we tried it for a few months until we saw it was shit too (not the leveling but the endgame was shit)

we came back together at mop

Yep. I only lasted about a month in Cata, I hated everything about it. It single-handedly cured 6 years of WoW addiction. I thought I was done with the game for good until my then-fiance expressed interest in returning to it 4 years later. :P
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    I unsubscribed during Cata because I just wasn't particularly engaged. I didn't have a guild that expansion, and, as can be expected, didn't get into any raiding or anything else.

TBH, I would probably have unsubscribed from Legion months ago, and certainly wouldn't be in BfA if it wasn't for the fact that I like the guild I'm in. Legion was nice, but not that great, and BfA is looking a lot like being the next WoD...

I unsubbed for the first 6 months of Cata due to the addition of holy power to ret. Ret was fantastic in WotLK then dogshit for all of Cata. I came back after 6 months and mained my druid.

Deleted
    Yes I unsubbed because it was garbage.

Deleted
    Yes. There were other interesting mmo's coming out, specifially SWTOR. I loved it, but Bioware/EA didn't care enough to continue raid support. I came back for WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Longhaired Lowlife View Post
    I did and I never came back to the game.
    Why are you here after all these years?! Move on dude. If i wasn't playing this game for years, i wouldn't care about talking about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, had a lot of fun with my friends during the entire expansion. Warlords of Draenor was the first time I unsubbed, for quite a while, then I unsubbed the same week patch 7.2 came out and stayed unsubbed until late 7.3, then played until I got into the BfA Alpha, since then I've not touched the "Subscribe" button.
    Ryzen 3600X | MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wi-fi | 16GB G.Skill FlareX 3200MHz | Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G3 Gold | NZXT Kraken X62 | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO | 500GB Samsung 970 NVMe M.2 | 3x 27" HP Omen 165Hz 1Ms Latency

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I unsubbed through all the Firelands patch because I had no core to raid with.
    | Mokenuf | Varianna | Devona | Katzine | Gokkash | Vëcna | Shaggra | Snookí | Vekuh | Segath | Zhìyù | Sierenna | Tyranikus |

Quote Originally Posted by Loeko View Post
    So, did you unsubscribe during Cataclysm? And if YES, why?
    Yes, I unsubscribe during every expansion.

Yes I did. I have unsubscribed for every expansion since, even Legion which, in my opinion, is the best since Wrath of the Lich King. Same reason as why I unsubscribed during Cataclysm - I quit raiding in Cataclysm and has no intention of every becoming a raider again. As a casual player there is not enough content to warrant playing continuously throughout an expansion.

Yes because pug raiding was nonexistant and I wasn't in a guild back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually stopped playing about 3 months after ICC came out due to Real Life obligations and drama.
    Resubbed back a bit before Firelands came out in Cata. I remember doing the Annual Pass to get Diablo 3 as well. SO there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Azunaii View Post
    I got the Annual Pass, which I think included an MoP purchase? So technically I suppose I was subscribed. But I did stop playing after we killed Deathwing Heroic. I met a girl and didn't want to have fixed nights a week during which I 'had to' game. And since the content was cleared anyway... Came back only halfway through 7.1, missed the entirety of MoP and WoD. Looking back at the success of MoP (and the ultimate failure of my relationship with said girl) I kinda regret not being there for that.
    Nope, you got BETA-Access to MoP and Diablo 3 for free. And no, didn't unsubbed because of it too. Didn't logged in much either, except some twinking. Still: Cata was bad, not WoD or BfA-Bad, but normally bad enough to unsub for it normally.

Yes, unsubbed after a few weeks of Cataclysm. Only came back late MoP. My longest break by far.

i unsubbed when they released the two troll dungeons i think it was 4.1 or 4.2 but they were overtuned and just garbage in terms of content so i said nope and just stopped playing til the firelands patch i believe was the next major one.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loeko View Post
    Hi guys,

I have seen a few people say that the number of players decreasing in Cataclysm was only caused by external factors (League of Legends, etc...). I personally have troubles believing that but I thought that the best way to get as close as possible to an answer would be to the ask you, the community.

I am not creating this poll to discuss if Cata was or not the worst expansion WoW has ever had. If you want to discuss that, feel free to do so on this post : https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...t-in-your-mind

So, did you unsubscribe during Cataclysm? And if YES, why?

Edit: I wanted to create a real poll but it seems like I'm a damn noob that can't figure out how to do so...
    I did. Raids were absolutely poorly designed/executed, and then there was 2D AOE art in "3D combat zones"

i unsubbed after dragonsoul, played star wars for a few months, played GW2 for a bit then came back for MoP.

didn't quit because of other games, just filled a void with them.

i got tales to tell about how it spiralled downwards for my guild in cata, but this ain't the place.
    <insert witty signature here>