Page 57 of 82 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Ok, though you are a bit different from a nutty tragic clown, who is also a public figure.

People don’t write news articles about your banning. And as far as I know you don’t have a cult following who take you seriously, and this place is not the new de facto town square.
    its our town square

fite for meeeeeeeee

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm mindful of staying as on topic as Connal does, so I would like to ask for some assistance.

Putting together an MMO Politics forum drinking bingo game.

So far I have:

Bring up Antifa!
    But Hillary!
    Obligatory Shalcker Post
    Connal bullshit about Jung
    Mention 'deep state'
    Skroe gets banned
    Trump says something stupid
    What he meant was...
    Dacien pretends to be reasonable
    New burner account posts
    Endus posts something sensible
    GOP candidate goes all racist
    Whataboutism used

Think I need some more options. People often give a 'free space' in Bingo, but I figure most of my options are pretty much this already...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    I can't believe I am saying this, but we need government regulations for social media. This is about to become a midterm election issue.
    This goes against your parties principles of small government.

It's fine by you when some redneck cake maker denies some "lib fag" a cake but when a racist loses their platform you want government intervention?

You're such a hypocrite, on so many levels.

Surprise Surprise, In a shocking twist that surprises nobody twitter has perma banned outspoken conservative comedian and Vice founder Gavin McInnes:

The purge has begun just in time for the midterm season

https://variety.com/2018/digital/new...ly-1202902397/
    And apparently you don't care why? You do know that someone else posted the reason right? He actually told his douchebag followers to go assault people.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not an accurate description of the Proudboys, but don't let that distract you.
    It absolutely is an accurate description, considering all they are is a bunch of racist incels LARPing that they want the 50s back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    That's exactly what you did. You asked if "I posted", which is wrong even in a hypothetical sense, pedophilia on numerous sites in one day and got banned within week if that would be coordinated a ban.

Alex Jones has never posted pedophilia or anything close too it. At least from my limited knowledge of his videos. So again, you made a ridiculous comparison all on your own. It didn't happen, comparing what Alex Jones shows to pedophilia in anyways is 100% wrong, and not what is actually being discussed.
    You literally don't understand words and concepts. That's a huge problem for you.

I understand you are the one who brought up pedophilia for no reason. I still have yet to know why you even mentioned it.
    It wasn't no reason. I wasn't saying you were into it. I wasn't saying what Jones does is the same as it.

I was trying to get you to understand that if anyone posted the same video that is against TOS across multiple outlets around the same time, those outlets will all ban the person posting that video at around the same time, and they would do that without talking to each other first.

But you simply cannot grasp a straightforward concept such as that. Look inward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like you and me, he is also a locus of consciousness, and deserves all the same respect as any other person/life in existence.

I don’t have to agree with him to see the divine in him.
    Okay... then why don’t you care about the locus that is @GennGreymane? Because if Alex Jones and infowars is just another locus, why should he be treated as something greater than he is?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

So your point is for me to address a hypothetical that has nothing to do with what is being discussed? Because we are talking about Alex Jones show. Sorry not going to play.
    lol.

Yes, giving you a hypothetical should get you to understand the process.

But your willful ignorance in the concepts of language, conversations, open debate, human interaction, how things work, the real world, TOS, business, freedom, speech, common sense....and I can only assume a metric shit ton of other things...is stunning and again, something you should look within to solve.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do, like I said when he did get banned, I sent him a PM asking why.

But this forum is not Facebook. And the ban is not permanent.
    Yeah, and he doesn’t have a web site or a store dedicated to his rhetoric. Glenn is just an average dude, while Alex Jones is provocature that makes money on his rhetoric. What’s Alex Jones revenue? Why do you defend someone who has the means and financial stake in defending him self... why poor Glenn over here, gets a txt?

I don’t remember getting a text from you, when I got infracted for repeating Alex Jones on this forum. Because unlike me, Alex Jones already has a loud enough following to go to InfoWars.com, instead of baking a cake that does not meet their artistic integrity.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    So your point is for me to address a hypothetical that has nothing to do with what is being discussed? Because we are talking about Alex Jones show. Sorry not going to play.
    Okay, how about Alex Jones cannot be trusted with the custody of his own kids, but YouTube provided access to other kids?

Great personal attacks, I hope it helped you feel better about yourself because I wouldn't play into your troll game.
    No one was trolling you.

It is common, when Person A isn't understanding something, for Person B to use a simplified hypothetical to help Person A understand the concept being discussed.

The fact that you think the attempt to teach you something as trolling, says more about you then it does anyone else.

A simplified hypothetical that is in no way comparable to Alex Jones show. Yet you can't seem to understand why the two shouldn't ever be used in comparison or even in a hypothetical. Cheers.
    Yes it is. It is about uploading one piece of unacceptable content to multiple sites around the same time and all those sites banning the person also around the same time.

I just explained this concept to a lampshade and it totally understood it.

Except one will get you permanently banned on the spot and the authorities notified, and the other will only get you a strike at best. It is improbable that Alex Jones reached some sort of limit on over 5 different sites at the same time. So again they are in no way comparable, and you cannot seem to admit it was wrong to use it as a hypothetical. Uploading things that are criminally illegal is not the same as uploading something that is legal.

Why you continue with the personal attacks is beyond me.
    I'm not attacking you. I marveling at your inability to grasp certain concepts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does no one ever defend me when I get banned

:'( why do u all hate meeeeeeeee

which dead childrens families must I harass for you to love me!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    It is improbable that Alex Jones reached some sort of limit on over 5 different sites at the same time.
    You've never made an argument as to why this would be true.

Jones typically cross-posts his videos to multiple platforms. Including the ones in question. They all have similar terms of service. If it's a violation on one, it's likely a violation on others. So he'll rack up similar trends in terms of strikes, and it isn't remotely odd that a new video, like this, would trigger those terms of service again, and trigger similar action from all.

So I didn't understand the concept a lampshade totally understood isn't an attack? That is an overt way of calling me stupid.

Now i'm interesting on your back peddle or excuse on why it isn't.
    lol, you literally have no idea what hypothetical, backpedalling, overt, or a host of other words mean do you?

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Why does no one ever defend me when I get banned

:'( why do u all hate meeeeeeeee
    Because it's a brief respite from the 20 threads you make a day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Because it's a brief respite from the 20 threads you make a day.
    but they're good threads :'(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    which dead childrens families must I harass for you to love me!!!!!
    Well, you did burn down the Undercity...

On topic: Jones has found other options, such as a site started by some guy who got banned from YouTube himself, to post his work. He is not being censored by the government. He is, however, asking Trump to call this censorship, and make it the cornerstone of midterm elections.

In videos posted since the removals, Jones has alternated between bravado and desperation.

“I am not backing down,” he said in one video, though he acknowledged feeling “spiritual-level desperation” and seemed to see Trump as his only hope to regain his larger platform.

“Come out before the midterms and make censorship the big issue,” Jones said in an appeal to Trump.

“It’s the right thing to do, Mr President. It’s the truth,” he said.

So far, Trump has not ridden to the rescue.
    Just a reminder: Jones is broadcasting this message from his new platform, proving his First Amendment rights are not being trampled. He was not gagged by the government. To intervene, the government would have to force private, non-taxpayer-funded companies to keep people who break their rules. This would be similar to the government forcing Catholic schools to accept Muslims.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I thought that was broadcast on his old platform, the website he's had for ages...
    Yes, but
    A) Still counts as a platform, and
    B) His videos are the same on mirror sites.