Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Is a Kael'thas redemption story possible?

Is a Kael'thas redemption story possible in BFA? He was the poster child of the Blood Elves however it all ended too quickly. Is there a way that he could be brought back and fit in with the current story line as a protagonist once again?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Well.... He'd need to get his head back first...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Without him becoming undead or us utilizing time-travel, it's not really possible. Last time we saw him, we cut his head off.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

They had to supercharge his body with a massive Fell energy crystal last time they brought him back to life, if they'd bring him back a second time, he'd prolly look like a miniature patchwork.

Why? He died once in TK , Kill'jaeden brought him back as a puppet , then died again. I'd say it's impossible, but if they can manage do bring him back then "dead" means nothing anymore.Even in a fiction that people can be ressurected that would be a bit over the top. Some characters have they're legacy because they're dead, they're story is over. Imagine bringing back Arthas for instance. It would just ruin his story.

Kael'thas character was butchered by bliz imo. but he was a pawn of the legion, fell adict and traitor. but no way he can go back

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolvenheart View Post
    They had to supercharge his body with a massive Fell energy crystal last time they brought him back to life, if they'd bring him back a second time, he'd prolly look like a miniature patchwork.
    It would be hilarious if his headless body showed up with a big chunk of Azerite sticking out of it. Would make a fun gag boss in Brawler's Guild.
    Kupo.

They always can. There are several ways they could do that, from Kael'thas having become partially demonic and therefore unable to be killed outside of the nether (similar to Illidan), to him being abducted way back in TBC and Kil'jaeden having used an impostor to control the Blood Elves and weaken Illidan's forces.

And people arguing his missing head as a reason not to bring him back are simply wrong. Olakin Sainrith was dismembered and his body parts used in the creation of SEVERAL abominations, and even he was brought back to life. And before any "that's not canon!" naysayers appear, you also have Loramus Thalipedes, and he is most definitely canon.

All that being said, while people really were (and still are) pissed about Kael's treatment Blizzard have said they have no interest in bringing him back, even though he surely deserves better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Don't look so smug! I know what you're thinking, but Magisters' Terrace was merely a set back. Did you honestly believe I would trust the future to some demon mongrel? Hahahaha... Oh no, no, no, he was merely an instrument, a stepping stone to a much larger plan! It has all led to this...and this time, you will not interfere!

and this time there will be Azerite crystal sticking out of his body (prly instead of his head ).

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    No.

Let him rest. WoW has butchered him enough as it is.

Also, fuck redemption arcs in general, they always come off as forced.

no redemption for a pawn of the legion
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Well they did it with Illidan....

It's really only possible if we somehow connect to WOD Azeroth and bring AU Kael'thas over.
    Our Kael'thas is not only dead but decapitated, and when we decapitated him he was a Legion puppet.

I would pay for the patch that turned Kael'thas into Zoltan Kuul.

I demand a floating Kael head with a chuck of azerite implanted in the neck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    No.

Let him rest. WoW has butchered him enough as it is.

Also, fuck redemption arcs in general, they always come off as forced.
    I agree with you. But in the case of Kael'thas...man I really want him back. The good ol' WC3 Kael'thas. Anyway I know it's never going to happen.
    But I wish we had him as a leader of the Blood Elves. The story would be so much better with him still around.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see it. Horde needs a powerful mage
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

No. Although I disliked the direction they went with Kael, it would make the story worse overall to try and go back on it.

If they want to restore the Sunstrider line then they should explore some unknown relative who can lay claim to the throne. Build them up as the Kael'thas that should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Is a Kael'thas redemption story possible in BFA? He was the poster child of the Blood Elves however it all ended too quickly. Is there a way that he could be brought back and fit in with the current story line as a protagonist once again?
    opens a portal to the universe of HOTS or time travel

He's dead. Can we not do more mcguffins? It's stupid and contrived.