Thread: Nerf nerf nerf

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BlakeArt View Post
    I saw a lot of class/spec ranking review by various top world guilds based not on actual content, but on bfa raid content. There is not a single review that doesn't rank rogue otherwise that top of the top. Rogue can do everything and excel at every aspect, that's not how it suppose to be. So yeah, those nerfs are right and more will come and should be expected. Deal with it.
    That's the thing, I don't believe the nerfs are enough, especially in PvP. Outlaw damage is so insane but since it was less than Assassin no one really played it. I also know Sub burst is of control

I hope the Blizzard sees this and continues to tune Rogue, on the PvP side of things

Deleted
    To the ground, baby.

If you're basing your comments off of simcraft, instead of logs- which are the only data that actually matters- then you're already wrong to begin with.

You're welcome to argue against that point all you like, it won't change anything. Simmed data rarely reflects actual dps, because it's extraordinarily rare nowadays where a fight is purely tank and spank, with minimal movement. Just look at the current warcraftlogs rankings, versus the sims and you'll see evidence of that fact.

We've literally, as a class, never been at a bottom of any raid chart in the history of WoW. Certain specs? sure. But as a class, we've never been bad. Stop your whining.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The nerf was to balance the spec OP. You'll learn to cope with it.

You'r not a dirty FotM reroller, right? Of course not. You understand that Rogue needed the nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post
    Guys, these changes are aimed at level 120.
    They aren't balancing for prepatch. (I'm not even sure what gave you that idea, since none of the nerfs will go live until BFA launches).
    They were live tuning hotfixes, but yeah it was aimed at 120, but even so, assa aoe didn't need a nerf.

Deleted
    I've played rogue since vanilla and there haven't been many patches during this whole time that we've been bad. To be honest, I think that rogue is probably the second best class pve dps wise of all time right behind mage in the sense of looking at every bosses dps rankings and how many of certain class has been present in world top kills. I don't know so much about PVP, but from what I've seen rogue seems to be top tier class every patch there.

This time the nerf was really needed and we will probably get more, the dps in beta is redicilous at the moment. Also at least with current tuning, rogue will be #1 melee for M+, raiding and PVP for bfa.
    Last edited by mmocddaf3ba36b; 2018-08-11 at 10:09 PM.

This has been the life of rogue since its inception.

Incredibly strong because of the toolkit plus high damage and shines too early so gets nerfed quickly then recovers once they finally buff the spells up again and our scaling kicks in with end game gear meaning we're strong at the end of the tiers.

Unless of course we got raid spots because of feint and cheat death and are gimmick sponges but dont worry blizzard took care of that.

The problem is they dont fix what they over nerf. Outlaw was strong to start out legion, nerfbat goes Negan on us and we never recovered all xpac. I mean poor Glenn was more use to Rick's group (as motivation), than outlaw was to any raid group.

Quote Originally Posted by Cangri View Post
    What is up with the constant nerfing? It feels like every blue post contains some kind of nerf to rogues.
    when your class is 2-3 shotting shit in pvp and doing 30% more dps than any other class in pve you are seriously asking why they are getting nerfed every other day? if you played a rogue you would know why, do you even play a rogue?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cangri View Post
    What is up with the constant nerfing? It feels like every blue post contains some kind of nerf to rogues.
    Yet Rogues still remain OP and need more nerfs. That just goes to show you how broken they were before all the nerfs.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

On a serious note as im rerolling rogue for bfa entirely, going to 1 class it all expo. How are they looking? Average? Upper tier?

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    On a serious note as im rerolling rogue for bfa entirely, going to 1 class it all expo. How are they looking? Average? Upper tier?
    As usual we look very good. Currently all 3 specs are viable in pve and pvp and we will always be one of the best classes for M+ because of cloak/feint/shroud unless our damage is shit tier (which it never is) the changes to tank threat generation in BFA also appear to favour rogues because we have tricks of the trade.

Things are looking pretty rosy tbh

Basic balancing, nothing to see here.

Dude idk what's going on with Outlaw Rogue but I ran into more than a few in BG's (no healer around) that were fucking immortal.

Personally I hate that they have to balance around PvP because there are plenty of things that are fine in pve that are imba in pvp and it sorta fucks over the pve aspects when it gets nurfed.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

10+ Year Old Account
    The crazy poison stacking was fun while it lasted. Being able to jump on someone and then because of pvp talents they were just fucked was just stupid OP.

Mut still feels really good for pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    when your class is 2-3 shotting shit in pvp and doing 30% more dps than any other class in pve you are seriously asking why they are getting nerfed every other day? if you played a rogue you would know why, do you even play a rogue?
    we still have 100% crit for 10 seconds which is HUGE due to geting more cps with mutilate.
    The shoulders for the crit buff are gone at lvl 116.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    We scale extremely well with gear so its natural.
    Assassination was very high with gear scaling the whole expansion but other classes were pretty close to stats and ilvl scaling too.

The patch was just horribly tunned and overtuning Assassination, the spec with 45% downtime and low skill cap just asked for harsh nerfs.

Logs/M+/PvP gets allways crazy with Assa as the dominant spec on the other side its pretty low key with Outlaw/Sub as the dominant specs.

Speaks a lot about the skill cap of the LEGION rogue community. Since the FOTM rerolling wave is allready running full speed ahead, I guess BfA will just lower the average skill platoe even more for this class.
    Last edited by Ange; 2018-08-12 at 12:25 PM.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Enterich View Post
    we still have 100% crit for 10 seconds which is HUGE due to geting more cps with mutilate.
    The shoulders for the crit buff are gone at lvl 116.
    Where the fuck are you getting 100% crit for 10 seconds from?

I must suck more at rogue than I thought I did. becasue I'm leveling a baby rogue and i don't even remotely feel overpowered. still feel weak and squishy and taking too long to kill things compared to other classes I've been leveling/playing....