Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Ion Hazzikostas responds to the disabling of LFG addons

From: https://www.wowhead.com/news=286329/...sabling-lfg-ad

Q: Why has Blizzard disabled the addons which allow players to form the groups automatically? Forming the groups manually takes a lot of time.

A: We had been thinking about it during Legion. On the one hand, we want to make people form groups. WoW is the social game. We don't forget that. Due to it in one of the patches we added an icon with green eye near the World Quests - by clicking on it you'll automotically join to the group on the quest. Thus you'll get a chance to easily find teammates to kill Elite Mob, Boss or just complete the group quest.

The issue with the mods is that they automatically form the groups even for solo quests, where group isn't necessary. As the result, we get a freeloaders which can get closer, float in the air on mount and group will get the credit for them.

If you have the quest to kill 12 satyrs and their leader, you just fly to one and see how two players are already fighting with them-- you can lend a hand to those players and every player including you will complete the quest faster. But large amount of quests for leveling are designed for solo players and with automatically formed groups you'll complete them in seconds what ruins the designed amount of time for the quest and balance of rewards. In this case you'll spend less time on quest than time on trip there and trip back. If you're still planning to complete the quests within the group then we want to ensure that you'll do it by traditional means of communcation: make an announcement in game chat, speaking with players within the guild and other players like "I'm going to complete Tortollan Emissary's quest, Is there anyone else who would like to complete it?". We want to give to players the same social experience through the quests.

"It's just a bug, r-r-right?"
    "Just wait for a Blue post before speculating anything."

H O W L I N G

People will still defend this and think these changes aren't just to boost time metrics. HAHAHAHAH
    Last edited by fishoa; 2018-08-13 at 12:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course it's to make stuff take more time. Who thought otherwise? But it doesn't make it less annoying to form a group and have only 2 people doing the work and seeing the other 3 standing to the side and waiting for kill credit.

If you have on or even 3 freeloaders. Doesn't really matter since you got one extra person helping. Quest is twice as fast. If you are in a groupd with nothing but freeloaders. Leave and problem is sorted

This is a bullshit reason and when they want their shitty world quests to take fucking forever. Remove essential rewards from them so we aren't forced to do bullshit

found the freeloaders being mad that they'll have to actually play the game

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    If you have on or even 3 freeloaders. Doesn't really matter since you got one extra person helping. Quest is twice as fast. If you are in a groupd with nothing but freeloaders. Leave and problem is sorted

This is a bullshit reason and when they want their shitty world quests to take fucking forever. Remove essential rewards from them so we aren't forced to do bullshit
    I agree. Everything should just be free, why should we do more than the normal zone quests for reputation? Its pointless and takes too much time. And why cant we just have big cache we open every day that gives us gold. Heart of Azeroth could also just automatically upgrade everyday.

/S

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    found the freeloaders being mad that they'll have to actually play the game
    This is my take away. The lazy people may actually have to put forth effort now. W00t!
    Sealth [Cenarius] Priest

I just removed freloaders
    "Peace is a lie"

Oh dear, you might have to 2 shot some mobs by yourself.

Also, it actually blows me away that people act like it's a bad thing that you have to play the game to acquire the rewards. Like really, you think it's better for the game that you can just join groups and do nothing and get everything you want from world quests?

I liked the addon a lot but the change could be a buff to all hybrid/solo classes and specs.
    If this helps a bit to shift the amount of pure-dps players a bit into the hybrid side, it won't be a bad thing either.

The flying around freeloaders forced this change, we all know who to blame.
    -

This does nothing to stop free loaders. They'll still join and not help. You fanboys will defend anything. What a joke.
    If you ever wonder how dumb people really are then consider this: even in the golden age of smart heals dumb people still find ways to die.

As Blizzard stated NUMEROUS times, they know that a lof of players are playing for a lot of DIFFERENT reasons.
    I think a FEW daily quests are fun and rewarding, maybe a relaxing experience - but what I like about WoW is the 20-man Mythic raiding format with other people, discussing tax and the like.
    For me, World Quests, Daily Quests, 5-man dungeons, doing reputations, etc-etc. are just what is necessary for me to raid. I understand that someone else has different opinion. You can see mine.

I am NOT looking for social aspects in World Quests. I want them done - why? Because Blizzard hid a LOT of rewards behind them.
    Make AP a weekly cap, so I can get mine from raiding and dungeons, and someone who likes to quest can get them that way.
    Why FORCE me to do this content?

If you say it is "not" forced - well, how did you like if Blizzard decides one point that beating a Pet Battle Master is necessary to raid? Maybe "only" once a week, for the weekly coin, or anything.
    Or just gate some +5% damage done gem behind a 2500 arena wall.

It's not "forced" either.
    I want to spend my LIMITED time on things I like. I like raiding "so much" that I am willing to participate in content I do not like much.
    But there is a tipping point where the content necessary to raid is taking away so much time from me, that I just stop raiding. And Blizzard just lost a sub.

Tell me: who in their right mind subscribe WHEN he hears that automatic group finding is -phew- FINALLY fixed and people can no longer do world quests easily together?
    Seriously, is there anyone out there? Tho I cannot see a reason why is it appealing, I am open to find it out!

easy questing and group finding + chance of freeloaders < no groups + no chance of freeloaders

If I had a group of 5, and it was only 2-3 of us contributing, it would still be better than nothing at all. I don't hate lazy players that much that I rather be without help myself.
    Mother pus bucket!

What a bullshit response, as expected. Also no mention of removing autojoin?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    This does nothing to stop free loaders. They'll still join and not help. You fanboys will defend anything. What a joke.
    No kidding. I don't get how it was so hard to boot freeloaders. Even the addons made it easy for players to do that. Talk about a nanny state Blizzard is creating with their game.

BlizzardTopBrass: Players too dumb to boot freeloaders from the group.
    BlizzardDev: Let's make grouping up harder. That will stop the freeloaders.

This current development team is a joke. Bring back Ghostcrawler. His worst ideas are still better than the current devs best ideas.
    Last edited by majesta; 2018-08-12 at 09:02 PM.
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

Shock... What unbelievable horse shit.

We don't want anything in the game that might reduce our time metrics. They act as if somebody isn't doing the shit to get the quests completed or that the world will end if someone somewhere gets a STUPID FUCKING QUEST completed a bit easier...

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    I agree. Everything should just be free, why should we do more than the normal zone quests for reputation? Its pointless and takes too much time. And why cant we just have big cache we open every day that gives us gold. Heart of Azeroth could also just automatically upgrade everyday.

/S
    Do you think its fun killing 10 pirates or kick 20 squirrels ? Aslong as they keep making this repetive shit quests we have been doing for 13 years now. Then we should atleast be able to slog through them with group finder addons instead of making a MMO game a singleplayer game

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Do you think its fun killing 10 pirates or kick 20 squirrels ? Aslong as they keep making this repetive shit quests we have been doing for 13 years now. Then we should atleast be able to slog through them with group finder addons instead of making a MMO game a singleplayer game
    If you dont like the game you dont have to play it. Not everything is supposed to be fun and easy.

- - - Updated - - -

All the people complaining here how you are forced to do this, why dont you group up with your guild mates?

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
    This is my take away. The lazy people may actually have to put forth effort now. W00t!
    Which is funny becasue this game really requires no effort.

Not having a single button that automatically forms a group and divides quest difficulty by 5 is “tedium” now, apparently. You people...

I bet they're just breaking it for BfA launch and will allow it once again down the line when they want people to log in more.