Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    Nobody. Nobody in their right mind is going to make WoW:Your Favourite Expansion again just to appease you, because it would not have 10 million subs. You are obviously delusional if you think that is a possibility.
    The good old " what worked in the past for hLf a decade can never work! Why you asking? Changing air currents and lunar alignments we must keep changing things for the sake of change " argument.

At some point I think your banking on the mercy rule.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    But you clearly don't care about actually playing the game, you just want instant gratification. How about leaving the game to the people that actually still enjoys playing it, and stop trying to ruin it.
    Run me through your mental process as to how the person who doesn't want to do mindless tasks but enjoy the challenging group oriented content doesn't want to play the game.

I am intrigued by how you came to your conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by tobokke View Post
    I fail to understand how is bad that there are freeloaders in world questing, but in lfr is acceptable...
    I would agree with this decision if they decided to remove lfr from the game too.
    because this is not about f.... freeloaders.

its about making you play longer to keep investors happy regardless of how shitty this gameplay will be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post

I thought you were quiting anyway, so why do you still care?
    a) i still have 1,5 hour in work
    b) its called "addiction"

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    Kudos for being honest!

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    This is too honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr chub View Post
    The good old " what worked in the past for hLf a decade can never work! Why you asking? Changing air currents and lunar alignments we must keep changing things for the sake of change " argument.

At some point I think your banking on the mercy rule.

- - - Updated - - -

Run me through your mental process as to how the person who doesn't want to do mindless tasks but enjoy the challenging group oriented content doesn't want to play the game.

I am intrigued by how you came to your conclusion.
    Alright, let me try to explain it in a way so even someone like you, which i assume is a person of limited intellectual capacity, judging from your previous comment, can understand:

At its core, this game is a collection of "mindless tasks", as you put it, such as kill, collect and loot, from the moment you set foot in the world at level 1, all throughout the game.

These three simple tasks makes up the majority of the game, and is the pillars of the mmorpg genre.

If you attempt to remove one of these pillars, the entire construction collapses. So when you refuse to do one of them, yet still expects and feels entitled to do the others, you break it. In this case, you refuse to kill the monsters required for the worldquests, but expects to be given the loot as a reward regardless.

Next thing you know, people will be expecting mythic raid loot upon login. Can't be bothered putting in the time do do mindless tasks such as raiding. Why not just give everyone the best gear, max level and every collectible item in the game upon character creation now that we are at it. That way, we can skip all the mindless tasks, and enjoy the good parts of the game. Which isn't playing the game, apparently.

Go play a moba or a fps game, this genre obviously isn't for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinzuru View Post
    This is too honest.
    why ? most of people here have a slight addiction to wow else they wouldnt care enough to post on non-blizzard forums.

the trick is how do you manage it and i manage it just fine

Alright, let me try to explain it in a way so even someone like you, which i assume is a person of limited intellectual capacity, judging from your previous comment, can understand:

At its core, this game is a collection of "mindless tasks", as you put it, such as kill, collect and loot, from the moment you set foot in the world at level 1, all throughout the game.

These three simple tasks makes up the majority of the game, and is the pillars of the mmorpg genre.

If you attempt to remove one of these pillars, the entire construction collapses. So when you refuse to do one of them, yet still expects and feels entitled to do the others, you break it. In this case, you refuse to kill the monsters required for the worldquests, but expects to be given the loot as a reward regardless.

Next thing you know, people will be expecting mythic raid loot upon login. Can't be bothered putting in the time do do mindless tasks such as raiding. Why not just give everyone the best gear, max level and every collectible item in the game upon character creation now that we are at it. That way, we can skip all the mindless tasks, and enjoy the good parts of the game. Which isn't playing the game, apparently.

So by doing tacked on content that never existed in the genre till recently I'm some how not playing it right? By not enjoying mindless fail proof tasks it somehow takes away from focused group activities such as dungeons?

I always find it sad when people or so soundly defeated they start to compare click boxes ten times to mythic raiding... by all mean have your mindless tasks simply remove ap,azerite, and patterns from them and I won't bother you.

Wow at end game for ten years has been do harder content get better rewards advance and move on. It's rather pathetic how you wish to drag everyone into mindless grinds because you enjoy. Try playing runescape.

Please don't put regular 1-time quests and WQs in the same basket. Because a very small % of players would say they outright refuse to do them. WQs now is nothing more than a roadblock, so it's logical to try and find an optimized way to do them.

People already have mythic raid loot upon login thanks to WF/TF from LFR, dungeons and M+.
    Max level boost is also already there.

Mobas are much more toxic with no reward of value.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a reasonable explanation. I like it. I remember how in wotlk I gathered group of guildies to complete some tournament dailies. It was a lot of fun. I hope it'd be similar with BfA. Ion is awesome game designer.

IF it is not intended for people to group up and do quests then what kind of game are they designing? A solo experience that is boring and tedious and you can only play with friends, family and guildmates as a group in instanced content?

That is very sad to see a MMORPG tell players they shouldn't be grouping up to tackle challenges out in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    If you have on or even 3 freeloaders. Doesn't really matter since you got one extra person helping. Quest is twice as fast. If you are in a groupd with nothing but freeloaders. Leave and problem is sorted

This is a bullshit reason and when they want their shitty world quests to take fucking forever. Remove essential rewards from them so we aren't forced to do bullshit
    The issue is that the quests did take exactly as long as without the addon on most occasions. People on flying mounts do not really make it go faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr chub View Post
    So by doing tacked on content that never existed in the genre till recently I'm some how not playing it right? By not enjoying mindless fail proof tasks it somehow takes away from focused group activities such as dungeons?

I always find it sad when people or so soundly defeated they start to compare click boxes ten times to mythic raiding... by all mean have your mindless tasks simply remove ap,azerite, and patterns from them and I won't bother you.

Wow at end game for ten years has been do harder content get better rewards advance and move on. It's rather pathetic how you wish to drag everyone into mindless grinds because you enjoy. Try playing runescape.
    Your argument falls flat on its head, simply because you are stating that world quests are required content. It's not, and it never was.

It's not the best way to farm azerite power, nor was it the best source of artifact power.

It's not the best source of gear, nor was it ever.

Aside from reputation, which is almost useless when it comes to character power progression (aside from a few minor gear upgrades for the first 3 weeks of the exspansion), world quests are a minor addition to the game.

And besides, world quests is simply daily quests with a new layer of paint, so claiming it's an entirely new invention is rather stupid. Deffirent name, same thing.

And your obsession with runescape clearly indicates that you got more experience with that game than modt people here. Maybe you should return to that?

This is great. You know all the players in this thread getting mad are the freeloaders. Blizzard didn’t make the change to help the people actually doing the quests, they did it to punish the freeloaders. You go Blizzard!

Quote Originally Posted by Jinzuru View Post
    Please don't put regular 1-time quests and WQs in the same basket. Because a very small % of players would say they outright refuse to do them. WQs now is nothing more than a roadblock, so it's logical to try and find an optimized way to do them.

People already have mythic raid loot upon login thanks to WF/TF from LFR, dungeons and M+.
    Max level boost is also already there.

Mobas are much more toxic with no reward of value.
    I understand that WQ isn't the most exciting content in the game, but i just still don't understand the uproar. Noone is being forced to do them. They serve as a nice timesink when there is nothing else to do, and a decent catch-up mechanics for alts and returning players. But raiders have no reason to do them. There is better ap rewards from farming island expeditions, and better gear rewards from doing mythic dungeons, both of which is available from launch (to my knowledge).

So saying it's a roadblock seems rather silly to me, considering it's just optionel content with sub-obtimal rewards, only there to give the casual playerbase something to do.

With near instant completion of these quests du to automated groupfinder, the casual player would quickly run out of content to do, and possibly quit the game as a result. And i doubt that is benneficial to neither blizzard, nor the game as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    The issue is that the quests did take exactly as long as without the addon on most occasions. People on flying mounts do not really make it go faster.
    If you had just one guy in your full group doing their job you were done ~twice as fast. I've seen only a couple of leechers. I don't count undergeared or "just learning the spec" alts, or healers/tanks into leechers category though. They contributed what they could, made the wqs so much faster.

Blizz has become lazy. BFA world quest system is similar to WoD's quest system. Tedious, low reward and boring.

Another dev team would be ecstatic to see players doing world quests with other people and interacting with other players. This dev team has tunnel vision.

I understand that WQ isn't the most exciting content in the game, but i just still don't understand the uproar. Noone is being forced to do them. They serve as a nice timesink when there is nothing else to do, and a decent catch-up mechanics for alts and returning players. But raiders have no reason to do them. There is better ap rewards from farming island expeditions, and better gear rewards from doing mythic dungeons, both of which is available from launch (to my knowledge).

So saying it's a roadblock seems rather silly to me, considering it's just optionel content with sub-obtimal rewards, only there to give the casual playerbase something to do.

With near instant completion of these quests du to automated groupfinder, the casual player would quickly run out of content to do, and possibly quit the game as a result. And i doubt that is benneficial to neither blizzard, nor the game as a whole.
    As a raider, where will you get your resources for the mission table for the free raid gear quest? Reputations at launch for the recipes and what not? (there are raid ilevel epic gear pieces at revered btw). On multiple alts perhaps?

If a causal player (who happens to have followed this whole fiasco) doesn't do them all, and just unsubs because this is not compelling content will that benefit Blizzard, or the game?

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    Things like 10000 WQ/fishing/pet battle/etc achievements are meant for people that like doing those activities. If you did 10000 WQs for some reason while actually hating the feature, the problem is in you, not the game. No amount of cheating the system to speed them up is going to help there.
    You put words in my mouth and make idiotic assumptions.

Also, if not inviting X amount of people every day manually by clicking 3 times every time counts as "cheating" to you, you should look for medical help

10+ Year Old Account
    Half the time, especially if I'm starting a group for Argus WQs, I don't care if the other group members do anything. I don't need them to, I'm just opening up a group mainly because I'm going to kill X elite and I want to give others who can't do it on their own a chance to tag along.

I don't see it as too different from getting group members that, despite their willingness to help, are effectively useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think it in the end always evened out. Sometimes you got to a group and a quest just as they killed the "boss mob" and it was great, instant complete. Sometimes you had 2-4 people doing nothing, or sometimes you joined a group just as they all finished it and left. Personally when I went to a quest area I normally just started it up. I was doing it alone, if someone wanted to leech or someone came along to help that was either a bonus or at least (or at worst) didn't change anything for me. But to remove it was just really beyond bullshit and no good reason have really been given. "We want you to experience the content"; please! They are world quests. After I have done them once or twice I'm not really experiencing anything but pain and just want to get rid of it as soon as possible. In Legion this was even worse since almost every single WQ was actually just a normal leveling quest turned into a WQ so you were literally just repeating what you had previously done.