Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Zandalari even more arrogant than Elves

So was starting the campaign on my new nightborne main, and have observed, the Zandalari are really arrogant, moreso than the elves.

So far I haven't noticed them seeming to have a problem with elves though, that is a bit weird after Azshara completely humiliated them, Thalyssra is not once commented on or reacted to by the Zanadalari princess, and their King so far seems to have no problems that an Elf rules the horde.

Oversight perhaps? Or is the racism selective out of convenience only?

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    So was starting the campaign on my new nightborne main, and have observed, the Zandalari are really arrogant, moreso than the elves.

So far I haven't noticed them seeming to have a problem with elves though, that is a bit weird after Azshara completely humiliated them, Thalyssra is not once commented on or reacted to by the Zanadalari princess, and their King so far seems to have no problems that an Elf rules the horde.

Yeah, it’s a little strange, but then again, this elf Horde is begging for their help. In this moment they have the Horde’s mightiest hero, with one of the Horde’s leader and even Warchief’s champion all asking what they could do for them. Zandalari are in a position of power, perhaps that’s what dulls down racism?
    As for being arrogant, Zandalari empire is the oldest empire on Azeroth and Zuldazar is the oldest city. While they spent their time being awesome, night elf empires fell twice, races mutated and changed, cities started to fly and who knows what else. As far as a general Zandalari would be concerned, his empire is the best thing Azeroth has ever produced.

7+ Year Old Account
    i didn't notice they being as much arrogant as elves, thats just impossible, even after suramar. But its expected for a true master race with a golden empire together with a bit of hate against other non-trolls

those interactions are just conveniently little plot-holes, or they just didn't care to add

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i didn't notice they being as much arrogant as elves, thats just impossible, even after suramar. But its expected for a true master race with a golden empire together with a bit of hate against other non-trolls

those interactions are just conveniently little plot-holes, or they just didn't care to add
    Oh it surprised me too, but when you arrive in Zuldazar just pay attention to what the npcs and the general are saying.. very very arrogant.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh it surprised me too, but when you arrive in Zuldazar just pay attention to what the npcs and the general are saying.. very very arrogant.
    yeah but i think its just usual towards outlanders, even more outlanders who were not friendly

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well the elves derived from the trolls... And the zandalari used to be the prime tribe... it's not weird they're still a bunch of arrogant snobs.

It's kind of funny that the Horde has 4 versions of trolls; zandalari, darkspear, evolved trolls-blood elves and evolved trolls-nightborne

Were the Zandalari really that anti-elf, though?

I mean, Azshara was a Night Elf and 10,000 years ago, so there's that.

Best I can remember it was really only the Amani who had issues with Quel'thalas.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The Zandalari are a priestly caste of Trolls who've held themselves apart from other Trolls, and the rest of Azeroth, since time out of mind. They've shaped history, weathered upheavals, and grown in power despite numerous setbacks - it goes without saying that they're going to be hidebound, prideful, and generally very aloof. Most of the Elves of Azeroth have been humbled and sought out alliances with the Alliance or the Horde out of a need for protection and support. The Horde are coming to the Zandalari for their support, which puts the Zandalari in a place of implicit power (and they're very aware of it).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahndrumon View Post
    Keep in mind that Tananji was trying to contact the Horde for help with the Zandalari's problems when she was captured by the alliance.
    Most of the Zandalari seem not to know that (or if so, they don't really care) - they just know that the Horde is there for their navy, because they want to recruit them into their fight with the Alliance (as Jakra'zet accuses early on). It serves the Zandalari's pre-established self interest not to acknowledge that things are less than rosy in their ancient capitol.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Ahndrumon View Post
    Keep in mind that Tananji was trying to contact the Horde for help with the Zandalari's problems when she was captured by the alliance.
    Just because the plain incompetence of her father.
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?

well they are a horde race, they have to have delusions of grandeur.

Deleted
    They are their parent race, aren't they?

Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    They are their parent race, aren't they?

Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
    Unless it’s carried away by the Well of Eternity

the gurubashi in the southern "slums" take fun about our dead elf warchief D:

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account

That was a long, long time ago for them, the princess mentioned that 200 years was many lifetimes for Zandalari, so its not like they were alive back in the day

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    But unlike elves they actually have reasons to be arrogant.

And still they are nowhere near of elven level of insufferable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    the gurubashi in the southern "slums" take fun about our dead elf warchief D:
    Which is actually kind of funny/ironic given Zul's original "plans" for Zandalar's rulership.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    But unlike elves they actually have reasons to be arrogant.

And still they are nowhere near of elven level of insufferable.
    Which is an achievement, considering that we had a troll Warchief with a mostly troll centered Horde forces in WoD *and* a troll raid/dungeons in almost every expansion we had. With that amount of content one would expect trolls to outshine even elves in their negative aspects, but nope... Not yet...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Which is actually kind of funny/ironic given Zul's original "plans" for Zandalar's rulership.
    Well, I feel like the reason for undead-hating is mostly their religious views, no? Zul is... Not as religious as most other trolls out there XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    Which is an achievement, considering that we had a troll Warchief with a mostly troll centered Horde forces in WoD *and* a troll raid/dungeons in almost every expansion we had. With that amount of content one would expect trolls to outshine even elves in their negative aspects, but nope... Not yet...
    Its dem dinosaurs. They make everything sweeter.

And lack of any humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Its dem dinosaurs. They make everything sweeter.

And lack of any humans.
    Don’t jinx it, Rastakhan already quoted Arthas...