(Spoilers) Vol'jin Urn Storyline?

I was just wondering, is the Urn storyline implemented in the game yet on Hordeside? I have not seen any discussion about it.

Is it tied to rep or the war campaign?
    Last edited by EbaumsTipster; 2018-08-15 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I was just wondering, is the Urn storyline implemented in the game yet on Hordeside? I have not seen any discussion about it.

Is it tied to rep or the war campaign?
    It is looking more like it is going to be a big part of 8.1 and connected to unlocking the Zandalari. My theory is that Vol'Jin is replacing Rezan which gives us our Paladin and will be a major part of that quest line.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    It is looking more like it is going to be a big part of 8.1 and connected to unlocking the Zandalari. My theory is that Vol'Jin is replacing Rezan which gives us our Paladin and will be a major part of that quest line.
    Considering the questline ends with Talanji leading the Zandalari, and Rastakhan is nowhere to be seen, maybe it takes place AFTER the Zuldazar mini raid?

Considering the questline ends with Talanji leading the Zandalari, and Rastakhan is nowhere to be seen, maybe it takes place AFTER the Zuldazar mini raid?
    Possibly, we will have to wait but the whole Rezan thing is going to need to be taken care of since he was the most important Loa to them and now hes gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    From what I heard it has been pushed back to a later content patch due to Metzen's unavailability (due to some health issues). Unknown if this is actually the cause of it, but it is not currently in the game as of this particular patch of BfA.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Rez'Jin? Vol'zan? What is the best name for Light-infused T-rex Vol'Jin Loa?

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    From what I heard it has been pushed back to a later content patch due to Metzen's unavailability (due to some health issues). Unknown if this is actually the cause of it, but it is not currently in the game as of this particular patch of BfA.
    No, the storyline was on beta, they swapped Thrall with Talanji/Rokhan as the urn bearer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    No, the storyline was on beta, they swapped Thrall with Talanji/Rokhan as the urn bearer.
    Good to know - somehow I never encountered it. I know that Thrall was slated to appear in some capacity, though.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Rez'Jin? Vol'zan? What is the best name for Light-infused T-rex Vol'Jin Loa?
    Lux'zan.

"Double Rainbow? What dis mean, mon?"

OT: I was asking myself exactly that and thought that maybe it was gonna be timegated or something because I hadn't seen it yet. Hopefully we'll get some more Bwonsamdi as well with that questline.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, the first questline ends with Bwonsamdi saying that he and Vol'jin have to meet face to face and considering the new deal that loa was granted... There might be some interesting consequences for both.

Either that or Vol'jin dies as a spirit because Blizzard hates the Darkspear
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyram View Post
    Lux'zan.

"Double Rainbow? What dis mean, mon?"

OT: I was asking myself exactly that and thought that maybe it was gonna be timegated or something because I hadn't seen it yet. Hopefully we'll get some more Bwonsamdi as well with that questline.
    Followed by five minutes of insane, girlish laughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Either that or Vol'jin dies as a spirit because Blizzard hates the Darkspear
    He looks like he becomes the new Loa of Kings/Queens and works directly with Talanji so I don't think they are ditching him.

Maybe this cutscene plays AFTER Uldir? That's why they're showing off the Blood of G'huun? Heavy implications that Rastakhan dies/is gone

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    He looks like he becomes the new Loa of Kings/Queens and works directly with Talanji so I don't think they are ditching him.

Maybe this cutscene plays AFTER Uldir? That's why they're showing off the Blood of G'huun?
    Looks like it, I would think - talking about the defeat of G'huun and all.

7+ Year Old Account

Maybe this cutscene plays AFTER Uldir? That's why they're showing off the Blood of G'huun?
    My guess is that Vol'jin's Glaive is used to defeat G'huun. It did work againt Zalazane's spirit/lich form after all
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Looks like it, I would think - talking about the defeat of G'huun and all.
    So the mystery is where is Rastakhan? I don't think his fate is explained in the Vol'jin questline.

Maybe an Uldir cutscene?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    So the mystery is where is Rastakhan? I don't think his fate is explained in the Vol'jin questline.

Maybe an Uldir cutscene?
    Quite possible - my hypothesis is that Vol'jin somehow supplants Bwonsamdi as the Loa to whom Rastakhan is pledged, connecting Talanji to him and ending the original "deal." What that means for Rastakhan, or Bwonsamdi, is anyone's guess.

Quite possible - my hypothesis is that Vol'jin somehow supplants Bwonsamdi as the Loa to whom Rastakhan is pledged, connecting Talanji to him and ending the original "deal." What that means for Rastakhan, or Bwonsamdi, is anyone's guess.
    So where does this happen? I don't remember this in the Urn questline. Bwonsamdi and Rastakhan aren't exactly dealt with to my knowledge.

Are these events set to happen after the Zuldazar raid that is possibly coming up in 8.1?

7+ Year Old Account

Maybe an Uldir cutscene?
    While we do not know what's Rastakhan's fate...
    We all know he was going to be replaced as soon as they introduced Talanji

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    So where does this happen? I don't remember this in the Urn questline. Bwonsamdi and Rastakhan aren't exactly dealt with to my knowledge.

Are these events set to happen after the Zuldazar raid that is possibly coming up in 8.1?
    Uldir or the events leading up to it, I suppose - seems Vol'jin has some part to play there. Perhaps there's an NYI hub around the raid?

Vol'jin's storyline begins at release, the first step of the associated quest chain unlocks when you hit Revered with the Zandalari Empire faction, tested on the beta.

I got as far as delivering Vol'jin's urn to Atal'dazar, until Bwonsamdi tells you off and tells you to bring it to his Necropolis instead, since he and Vol'jin haven't had a chat in a while. The big reveal is Vol'jin's spirit is no longer in the urn, i.e gone AWOL.

I assume the next/final part of the release patch storyline for Vol'jin unlocks when you hit Exalted!
    Last edited by dreamfillah; 2018-08-15 at 11:26 PM.