Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

feels good not being able to equip loot from mythic dungeons.

becaue despite me doing every single source of AP I still cant even get the first trait on them

in fact I'm not even close

and before you say "give it a few days"

no matter how you spin it, having to stare at a +15 ilvl upgrade in your inventory because of mistuned timegating is just bad.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2018-08-15 at 11:35 PM.

Give it a few days.
    I'm sure you will in the end be happy you have those armor pieces to equip.

Or you could make a forum post and complain about a mechanic that is intentionally built in to replace the progress from Artifact weapons.
    I am sure if you look deep enough in the forums, there is someone complaining about not being able to use all traits despite having done all dungeons on mythic or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by Benitora View Post
    Give it a few days.
    I'm sure you will in the end be happy you have those armor pieces to equip.

Or you could make a forum post and complain about a mechanic that is intentionally built in to replace the progress from Artifact weapons.
    I am sure if you look deep enough in the forums, there is someone complaining about not being able to use all traits despite having done all dungeons on mythic or something.
    except

I could use the artifact weapons

I'd be fine if I couldnt unlock the 2nd or 3rd or 4th trait right away

but not even being able to equip it is just BS

so dont compare it to artifact

it grew gradually it didnt have these huge cockblocks.

It's almost like you rushed the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Day 2 and *GASP* you aren't yet able to use higher end gear yet! what a shock.... next time maybe consider going with a more casual level/gearing stance, or maybe just be happy with the fact that you have the gear when the time comes?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Day 2 and *GASP* you aren't yet able to use higher end gear yet! what a shock.... next time maybe consider going with a more casual level/gearing stance, or maybe just be happy with the fact that you have the gear when the time comes?
    it's not higher end

it's literally the lowest possible epic in the game

it's the absolute base ilvl

spin it all you want

being unable to equip a gear that you looted despie it being a great item for you is just not good design, in fact it goes against every fundamental rule blizzard said they wanted loot to be.

again, I'm fine with the 2-4th traits being unobtainable right away

the first one should be lower though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    you realize if I didnt rush it I'd be even further from unlocking the AP for it right?
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2018-08-15 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Regardless, the design of the AP being tied to equipping gear has created a situation where a person has cleared content legitimately, but can not make use of the reward that was earned. This is a design flaw.

Not only that, it's highly hypocritical, considering a lot of the stated reasons behind Person Loot being applied to everything is so that people can play content and not be denied loot(albeit be a person instead of by the game).

I think it's a terrible design. 2nd and further traits should be locked behind AP, but NOT simply equipping the gear. This would be akin to getting a set piece from a raid, but not being able to equip it until you got a second set piece.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's the issue exactly? I've only reached 111 so far, and I'm not familiar with the mechanics at level cap.

Are you saying that dungeon drops have a "Requires minimum Artifact Power level" restriction on them?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Regardless, the design of the AP being tied to equipping gear has created a situation where a person has cleared content legitimately, but can not make use of the reward that was earned. This is a design flaw.

Not only that, it's highly hypocritical, considering a lot of the stated reasons behind Person Loot being applied to everything is so that people can play content and not be denied loot(albeit be a person instead of by the game).

I think it's a terrible design. 2nd and further traits should be locked behind AP, but NOT simply equipping the gear. This would be akin to getting a set piece from a raid, but not being able to equip it until you got a second set piece.
    pmuch

that's actually a pretty apt analogy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triptych View Post
    What's the issue exactly? I've only reached 111 so far, and I'm not familiar with the mechanics at level cap.

Are you saying that dungeon drops have a "Requires minimum Artifact Power level" restriction on them?
    yes

you need 16-18 AP level to unlock the first trait on the 340 armor, which means you basically cant equip them until you get to that level.

even though I beat content, the rewards it gave arent usable.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    yes

you need 16-18 AP level to unlock the first trait on the 340 armor, which means you basically cant equip them until you get to that level.

cant or dont want to? pretty big difference

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    cant or dont want to? pretty big difference
    not really, since equipping it without any traits, is basically pointless.

so there's no difference.

if personal loot dropped cloth intellect loot for agility leather users you could use the same argument, wouldnt make you look smart though would it?

not really, since equipping it without any traits, is basically pointless.

so there's no difference
    in that case that's pretty much fine. same as you wouldn't break your old set bonus until you get a new set bonus.

Another person complaining about time gateing... Big surprise.

10+ Year Old Account

Just curious, I only hit 116 before i had to go to class tonight. You "basically" can't equip it? Or you can't equip it? Like, do you not want to because a lack of traits? or you legitimately can't?
    New Legion item stats?
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    an agility chest axe on a fury shaman... FFS, I guess I should have read the patch notes in more detail.

Deleted
    pmuch

that's actually a pretty apt analogy.

- - - Updated - - -

yes

... I'm rank 13, have done 3 zones, only the lvl 110-118 war campaign and finishing up the last zone of quests now, dinged 120 about a third in..... If I can reach rank 13 without even trying, I have a hard time feeling that 16-18 is THAT far off -.-"

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    in that case that's pretty much fine. same as you wouldn't break your old set bonus until you get a new set bonus.
    no not really with setbonuses I could just switch items around to make room for it, I had options and it's an entirely different mechanic.

no matter what I do, it's gonna be sitting in my inventory for days without me being able to do anything about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Denarius View Post
    Just curious, I only hit 116 before i had to go to class tonight. You "basically" can't equip it? Or you can't equip it? Like, do you not want to because a lack of traits? or you legitimately can't?
    He lacks the levels to get even the first trait, thus not wanting to equip it. +15 ilvls isnt worth losing the trait apparently, and I guess there might be some such traits.

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    ... I'm rank 13, have done 3 zones, only the lvl 110-118 war campaign and finishing up the last zone of quests now, dinged 120 about a third in..... If I can reach rank 13 without even trying, I have a hard time feeling that 16-18 is THAT far off -.-"
    I'm 15.35 with doing basically everything that gives AP barring pvp (besides the WQs that just now popped but they wont even bring me close)

there are huge jumps in the requirement

13 required like 2000 AP 16 requires 8000

and bear in mind this is just for being able to equip the item, not the 2nd 3rd and 4th traits which are like weeks away
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    He lacks the levels to get even the first trait, thus not wanting to equip it. +15 ilvls isnt worth losing the trait apparently, and I guess there might be some such traits.
    yeah like all of them

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...JDwhznu3ewzzy7

the dps I lose by equipping the 340 chest without traits is pretty massive
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2018-08-16 at 12:09 AM.

im enjoying the other aspects of this expansion, but this system is terrible. and remember, its replacing artifacts, set bonuses and legendaries. somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by last1214 View Post
    Another person complaining about time gateing... Big surprise.
    I dont have a problem with time gating

I have a problem with it when its poorly done.

not being able to equip a clear upgrade because of it is just not good design

benefiting less from that upgrade is fine, it being completely unusable is not.

legion AP was fine because you kept getting something, you never had to just keep an item in your inventory waiting for it to be good at one point.

(except for the third relic for the weapon, but that was tiny aspect, this is like the whole fucking thing)