Thread: Bfa ah flooded

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bfa ah flooded

I picked up mining and herbalism to make gold in the beginning of the expansion. Got a bunch of mats and put them up. The prices for Mets at the time were pretty high just like everyone said it would. When I logged in this morning to see what sold I checked and everything was still up and the auction house was flooded with mats to the point where they were pretty dirt cheap. Now I'm no ah pro or anything but it seems like everyone went the same route and profits will be low. Should i just drop mining and pick up alchemy or do you guys expect the prices to go up again?

Deleted
    Buy everything and keep for latter when people start raiding.

I don't know about ore, but there seems to be an issue with herb nodes over spawning. Also, there never is a huge demand for mats right away. Once people get to max level, and start leveling professions, is when the demand picks up.

Once people have unloaded their initial load from picking up everything during questing the prices should rise again especially after Uldir opens where herbs are gonna be in demand because of pots and flasks.

Buy all the herbs, make flasks, keep them until raiding starts
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sephro22 View Post
    I picked up mining and herbalism to make gold in the beginning of the expansion. Got a bunch of mats and put them up. The prices for Mets at the time were pretty high just like everyone said it would. When I logged in this morning to see what sold I checked and everything was still up and the auction house was flooded with mats to the point where they were pretty dirt cheap. Now I'm no ah pro or anything but it seems like everyone went the same route and profits will be low. Should i just drop mining and pick up alchemy or do you guys expect the prices to go up again?
    There are no guarantees but an important part of making a lot of money on the AH is to play a longer game: buy low, sell high. Instantaneous reversals just play into the hands of those who know better. I recommend patience and being watchful.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quick question: how do you guys buy a lot of materials? It takes fucking ages to scan 50 pages of herbs, even with addons it's impossible to buy. I'd happily buy a lot of herbs and ore if people wouldn't put them as singles on the auction house.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Quick question: how do you guys buy a lot of materials? It takes fucking ages to scan 50 pages of herbs, even with addons it's impossible to buy. I'd happily buy a lot of herbs and ore if people wouldn't put them as singles on the auction house.
    It might help to set it by the most expensive first. Then just scroll down and check which of the biggest stacks are the cheaper ones

prices might pick up slightly when m+ starts and the cheap stacks start getting used up for Warfronts (but past the first month, forget about warfronts they are DOA like the island crap is...)

raiding has no impact on prices, only a few people raid, and the ones that do don't really push content, they just trust the ilvl curve to carry them. (and given the game design since ToT, they aren't wrong) last time consumables were of any relevance on raiding was back in early wrath, and that's was already stretching it.

M+ is the real pot grind, and pots are cheap since the late legion changes to mat requirements. so the days of 1k per pot like back on early legion are long gone.

blizzard added a ridiculous amount of nodes, and alternative sources of mats, so gathering is useless, we have known this since they confirmed that the extra nodes weren't "just for testing on alpha". everyone on the alpha knew gathering profs were going to be garbage and that's why they pushed so much with the whole "run mining/herb to make money" meme. i mean if you copied an alch alt, all you had to do was herb for an hour and you had enough mats for weeks of consumables...

sorry you fell for the meme.

some money can still be made with inscription, but don't expect any proff to make any money unless they add some mat compression like they did back in TBC with hardened adamantite, felsteel, hardened khorioum, and the likes.

I think prices should go up once everyone is 120, raiding starts, and real mythic+ progress starts...
    Then everyone needs gems and enchants and upgrades and whatever else. Then, prices should tick up.
    It is a server population thing too.

Had some ridiculous luck with Deep Sea Satin. Posted a few I had, saw one was up for half price so I yoinked that. Went to mail box, posted it and lo and behold another one was cheap. I repeated that cycle for a half dozen times, all selling for a bit under market value.

Moral is, some people put stuff up without addons, or even looking at what items are worth.

My herbs sell about as fast as I can post them atm. I think everyone's going crazy for the latest Darkmoon decks, which are... debatable... in value. Maybe it was a meme, but they do still sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeranath View Post
    Had some ridiculous luck with Deep Sea Satin. Posted a few I had, saw one was up for half price so I yoinked that. Went to mail box, posted it and lo and behold another one was cheap. I repeated that cycle for a half dozen times, all selling for a bit under market value.

Moral is, some people put stuff up without addons, or even looking at what items are worth.

My herbs sell about as fast as I can post them atm. I think everyone's going crazy for the latest Darkmoon decks, which are... debatable... in value. Maybe it was a meme, but they do still sell.
    I will be doing the same with rushing the trinkets. It doesn't matter if the trinkets are "not as good" as other trinkets will be. Having a ilvl355 trinket for raid is going to extremely helpful especially if you don't get lucky with higher end trinket drops from mythics ect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sephro22 View Post
    When I logged in this morning to see what sold I checked and everything was still up and the auction house was flooded with mats to the point where they were pretty dirt cheap.
    Lucky you, prices on my realm are stupidly high as usual.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeranath View Post

The melee darkmoon deck is pretty OP for a few specs tho, and is comparable to the best normal raid trinkets, so this one will stay pretty high up in value for a while, as it's clearly the best option available for those specs for at least a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, when you all post on the market, your products drop in price. Then people like me will swoop it up at a good price and keep it till later.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    Buy it all cheap sell it later when raiding is in full force.

Herb and ore nodes seem to overspawn for their shard size. I assume we can expect a hotfix soon, either reducing the node spawn rates or increase the players per shard.

It was the same with transmog items, People would be stupidly inflating prices, say 2k per item so you could look pretty...

A couple of times i'd price the stuff intentionally low say 250g instead of 4.5k.. I've had a few people who were selling stuff whisper me to say if i kept on undercutting them they would report me for gold selling... Even had blizz GM message me saying i've been reported and once i explained about putting prices down to either sell my stuff or get the competition to lower their prices, they said there was nothing they could do, as it's just a game of economics and carry on...

If they don't like the low prices, buy them and re-advertise them higher, I'd get the gold regardless, either that or i'd have vendored the items.

Quote Originally Posted by tobokke View Post
    Buy everything and keep for latter when people start raiding.
    Easier said then done. It took me 10 minutes last night to buy 200 herbs with how slow the Ah house is. Right now I've been waiting over 20 minutes for my auctions to cancel. I can't open the Ah house and none of my mail is visible. I just see "auction cancelled" every minute in my chat.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Easier said then done. It took me 10 minutes last night to buy 200 herbs with how slow the Ah house is. Right now I've been waiting over 20 minutes for my auctions to cancel. I can't open the Ah house and none of my mail is visible. I just see "auction cancelled" every minute in my chat.
    Jesus, that's fucking horrible.
    (no sarcasm)