Paxton Lynch is really impressive. He manages to get worse every time he sees the field.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Also, I don't know who you guys are watching for coverage, but I believe NFL Network just uses a crew based on the home team's local coverage. On the Bills game, we at least had Steve Tasker who has CBS experience as a color commentary, but this Arizona color guy is hilariously buffoonish.
    Steve Levy and Brian Griese are doing the Denver/Vikings game so I think you are correct on that.

If Arizona's o-line plays like this Josh Rosen is gonna have a lotta flashbacks to UCLA and getting hit all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Arizona's o-line plays like this Josh Rosen is gonna have a lotta flashbacks to UCLA and getting hit all the time.
    Honestly, it looks like Rosen is also just kinda slow in getting the ball out. He's made some okay plays and throws, but this is not as convincing as Mayfield and Darnold were IMO.

IDK, I'd have to watch the plays over again, but it seems like he's barely finishing his drop, or scooping a low snap off the ground in shotgun, and they're there. Luckily, someone will compile all his plays at the end of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you Elway, for not letting Jerry get Paxton.

That's like 8-10 snaps which have been so low that I don't know how to assess Rosen on the play. Like, should he be "able to recover" off some of these snaps? Or is him merely getting a non-negative play on the snap considered good?

10+ Year Old Account
    IDK, I'd have to watch the plays over again, but it seems like he's barely finishing his drop, or scooping a low snap off the ground in shotgun, and they're there. Luckily, someone will compile all his plays at the end of the game.
    Yeah, their 2nd/3rd team C is atrocious with his snaps. Could very well be the reason he seems slow, cause he constantly has to secure the ball first before thinking about the field.

Well, Rosen is not playing 2nd half, it's all Glennons, so time to switch just to see Jim Kelly's nephew toss an INT.

I see why Chad Kelly being a gunslinger without the arm to do it is a negative with him. Still a gigantic improvement over Lynch though.

This 3rd (4th?) string QB for the Vikings may have the worst tattoo I've ever seen on an adult human being on his arm.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Chad Kelly is Mr. Irrelevant. That he's playing better than Paxton Lynch is hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chad Kelly might be the most relevant Mr. Irrelevant though. He had off-field issues and injuries, otherwise, he'd be a much higher pick.

I just got home... Geno Smith actually playing well? Shocked.

Denver lost safety Jamal Carter for the year with a torn hamstring. Pretty big considering the corners are non existent behind Harris/Roby and Simmons has been playing nickle corner in camp, so Carter was going to be getting quite a bit of playing time.

Saw on a show this morning that Denver hasn't had back to back losing seasons since 71-72. They've had a bunch of 8-8 seasons, but that is still pretty damn impressive. I wouldn't be surprised if they break that streak this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have a quarterback this year though. While they do play in a tough division, that's gonna go a lot farther to keep them above shit.

- - - Updated - - -

49ers signed Alfred Morris. Surprised he hadn't found a team before now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    49ers signed Alfred Morris. Surprised he hadn't found a team before now.
    Me too. He was absolutely solid as a backup in Dallas and during Zeke's suspension; not sure how much can still be contributed to the O-Line which looked significantly more mortal in 2017 compared to the seasons before.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's the quintessential one-cut Shanahan RB, I'm surprised the 49ers didn't grab him sooner.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Patriots K Gostkowski to the lockerroom after he made an akward tackle on special teams. pls no

- - - Updated - - -

Oh no. Isiah Wynn to the locker room on a cart, after an odd looking play where he came off the filed limping. We have NO tackle depth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ghost's injury appears to be an arm. A better sign, but you never want your kicker going down.

Meanwhile, Sam Darnold starting off this game running for his life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nick Foles injured for the Eagles. Looked like it might be serious shoulder injury. With Wentz still rehabbing, this might be a problem for the Eagles.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Nick Foles injured for the Eagles. Looked like it might be serious shoulder injury. With Wentz still rehabbing, this might be a problem for the Eagles.
    Matt Flynn time
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.