10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't watch the game, but Colt McCoy of all people looks like he did well.

Dak starting off the game with a TD pass to one of our rookies. Nicely done.

Osweiler, Barkley and Mannion all have been impressive today. 10/21, 5/13 and 3/13 with a pick.

On a bad QB note, the Vikings/Broncos game will consist of 4 QBs on Denver's roster last offseason, the one they signed this one and the one that was rumored to go there. Weird how these things turn out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rams nominal backup Sean Mannion 3 of 13 for 16 yards and a pick, with 13 yards lost on two sacks. So on 15 dropbacks he produced a net gain of three yards and a turnover. Third string QB Brandon Allen has 18 net yards on 11 dropbacks and lost a fumble.

Sure hope Goff stays healthy, cuz 21 passing yards and 2 turnovers isn't inspiring. There's still 12 minutes left.. maybe a miracle is inbound.
    /s

Josh Allen threw a touchdown in garbage time, I'm sure it's all I hear about for the next week.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Saints top offensive draft pick, 3rd rounder Tre'Quan Smith, looked solid. Probably not gonna get a lot of playing time behind Thomas/Ginn/Meredith, but the Saints usually find ways to get offensive playmakers on the field.

ermagerd a Rams TD
    /s

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice to see Carson running again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Smart money is generally to avoid Patriots RBs, BB can be fickle, Gillislee looked like a good get last year and that dried up pretty quick, but in the last couple rounds there could be value.
    Might be a smarter decision. After Hill was pulled they brought in Ralph Webb and he's looked great too. Patriots look like they a whole stable of competent RB's. Only one that stood out negatively was Gillislee.

Also, TE blocking has been great. I suspect 1 or more of the back up TE's the Patriots have will find a place on other teams or practice squads.

WR though, the only plays ANY WR made tonight was 1 circus catch by Patterson and some Lucien grabs. Everyone else was invisible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice throw from RG3 to Perriman for a TD, couple first round picks trying to save their NFL careers and make the team.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Josh Allen threw a touchdown in garbage time, I'm sure it's all I hear about for the next week.
    Ffs man, it's the first preseason game. The entire thing is garbage time. It's still not too late for you to become a Cardinals fan.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    Ffs man, it's the first preseason game. The entire thing is garbage time. It's still not too late for you to become a Cardinals fan.
    Please tell me you're gonna say Josh Allen looked good. Honestly, one thing I hate about the whole #BillsMafia idea and the Bills fandom in general is that they think the Bills can do no wrong. I've been a 30 year fan of this team, I was a fan before McBeane/Allen, I'll be a fan after they're gone too. To me, that means I can criticize a current incarnation if it does nothing to promote the best interests of the team. Josh Allen is a mistake. I'm not basing it on this performance, but on an entire history of performances. After watching both Peterman and McCarron tonight, I'd be fine with either playing all 16 games this year over Allen, though Peterman's arm looks a little weak on those sideline throws.

I don't take preseason seriously, but I usually don't take it seriously in the sense that I dismiss good performances and think they don't mean much. Bad performances? I still dismiss them, but if it becomes a pattern, I find it hard to believe bad performances in a setting no one really cares about tends to transform into greatness in the regular season.

Please tell me you're gonna say Josh Allen looked good. Honestly, one thing I hate about the whole #BillsMafia idea and the Bills fandom in general is that they think the Bills can do no wrong. I've been a 30 year fan of this team, I was a fan before McBeane/Allen, I'll be a fan after they're gone too. To me, that means I can criticize a current incarnation if it does nothing to promote the best interests of the team. Josh Allen is a mistake. I'm not basing it on this performance, but on an entire history of performances. After watching both Peterman and McCarron tonight, I'd be fine with either playing all 16 games this year over Allen, though Peterman's arm looks a little weak on those sideline throws.

I don't take preseason seriously, but I usually don't take it seriously in the sense that I dismiss good performances and think they don't mean much. Bad performances? I still dismiss them, but if it becomes a pattern, I find it hard to believe bad performances in a setting no one really cares about tends to transform into greatness in the regular season.
    https://youtu.be/dsx2vdn7gpY
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Baker is looking decent. Was probably the most interesting game there was for a preaseason game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please tell me you're gonna say Josh Allen looked good.
    Just because somebody doesn't agree with your extreme doesn't mean they agree with the opposite extreme.
    /s

I don't think thinking Josh Allen is gonna be bad is an extreme opinion. It's one based in stats and analytics and reason.

Deleted
    2 shoulder injuries, one hamstring and 2 concussions for the Niners. Fuck preseason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    2 shoulder injuries, one hamstring and 2 concussions for the Niners. Fuck preseason.
    Yeah, Washington had RB Guice and one of their DE starters both go down with what looked like pretty serious knee injuries + a bunch of others to other stuff. Pre-season can be just as rough as the regular season.

Not sure how your replace it though. PLayers and teams NEED that exposure to actual live game circumstances to be ready for the season (and even then September is largely a play-in month these days).

Going into the season ill prepared is probably only going to lead to more injuries, not less.

Guice tore his ACL. That is terrible luck to do that in your 1st preseason game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm watching the Jets. I feel so dirty. They look better than the Falcons so far.

Especially Bridgewater has stood out positively so far. Not sure how the Jets figure that Darnold is going to be the starter when Bridgewater is starting before him in pre-season, and both are behind McCown, but ah well. Just Jets things I guess.

Jesus, Sam Darnold is looking good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dang. Sam Darnold looks like he belongs in the NFL. Some nice look offs and throws to open receivers. Jets look like they may actually have a QB now. =/