Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post

Seriously fuck this asshole, he just wants to get another case to the Supreme Court so the conservatives can cum all over themselves about how much they love da bibble and how the horrible queers and trannies want to ruin it for them.
    This just isn't true. On the very day the Supreme Court agreed to take up the initial case, the person involved in the complaint being taken up by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission, Autumn Scardina, asked for this specially-designed cake. A few months later, a person called and was identified through caller ID as "Scardina" and asked for a birthday cake for Satan, with an image of Satan smoking weed. A few days before that an email was sent asking for a cake dedicated to Lucifer with an upside down cross. On the exact day that Mr. Phillips won his Supreme Court case, an email requested Satan again with an image of Satan licking a sexual object. A few days later a person identifying themself as "Autumn" requested a cake with a pentagram.

I'm inclined to believe he is a target.

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    I just don't quite understand why it's fine to say "my religion says I don't do business for homosexual people" but it's not okay to say "my religion says I don't do business for non-white people", because I assume everyone agrees on the latter being unacceptable but for some reason the first one is then protected? It just doesn't make sense to me.
    As far as I understand it, this is a matter of a specific product. Mr. Phillips would gladly serve a gay couple or a transgender couple, he simply didn't want to make that specific cake. So a lot of people point out the protected class argument, but I think that falls short because there would still be objection whether they were a protected class or not. If sexual orientation were not a protected class, the same people opposed to Mr. Phillips' position would still be opposed; they object on principle, not because of protected class status. In that way, protected class status is irrelevant to the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Demontjuh View Post
    comparing terrorism and not baking a cake, Apples and Oranges,
    Except it's not apples and oranges in that case. It's just an example of two different people using religion for hateful/harmful means, even if one is more extreme than the other. The principle is the point. A Muslim refusing to eat pork isn't harming anyone, a Christian refusing to serve homosexuals is. Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    So in that context, if a prostitute didn't want to have sex with a transgender person that is discrimination? The prostitute should be forced into the service?
    Obviously not! Forcing anyone into prostitution is a grave legal offence throughout the West.

Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    Why arent these guys going after muslims who refuse to make cakes for gay weddings?
    This may be incredibly racist, but are Muslims known for making wedding cakes ?
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    I just don't quite understand why it's fine to say "my religion says I don't do business for homosexual people" but it's not okay to say "my religion says I don't do business for non-white people", because I assume everyone agrees on the latter being unacceptable but for some reason the first one is then protected? It just doesn't make sense to me.
    Because Christianity doesn't encourage racism against anyone. That's why racists who try to hide behind religion to protect their bigotry haven't been able to, because any argument that the Bible protects and encourages racism falls apart under even casual scrutiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    Oh no, not the poor homophobic, transphobic bigots!

Why won't someone help them? What a cruel, cruel world!
    This is the sort of thing that he has to go through every day. The "enlightened" left have decided that his rights do not count. Personally, If I could bake cakes, I would bake them for anyone but this "bigot" has rights too. Why don't people just leave him alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Do you always make retarded statement that are clearly contradictory and pretend they aren't?
    Where's the contradiction?

Quote Originally Posted by Wnderful Weeknd View Post
    Except it's not apples and oranges in that case. It's just an example of two different people using religion for hateful/harmful means, even if one is more extreme than the other. The principle is the point. A Muslim refusing to eat pork isn't harming anyone, a Christian refusing to serve homosexuals is. Try again.
    one is an act of evil, the other is imo not, tho some people seem to think so.
    theres more shades to it then black and white, more fruits then jsut apples and oranges if u will.
    refusing to bake somone a cake is hardly as hurtful, especially since it will not deprive you of your ability to get cake ever.
    lets call it a grey banana
    Be passionate about the craft, achievements, events and community.
    But do not worship the machine, pedestal nor system.
    You cannot afford to be blind, for yourself and others.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I’m hoping he wins this case too not because I have anything against the LGBT community
    This laywer is just going at him full of hate just because they lost the first case against him. There no real victim here just a bunch of people who are trying to pretend their comfort is worth more than someone else.
    I do support boycotting this baker cause I’m preety sure there plenty of people who would been happy to handle this cake order.
    Hell I woulda done the cake order myself as long as it doesn’t contain full frontal nudity(I work ina bakery)
    Last edited by Rustedsaint; 2018-08-17 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Obviously not! Forcing anyone into prostitution is a grave legal offence throughout the West.
    So we have established you are comfortable with discrimination in certain situations. You just don't feel strongly enough about religion for that to be given an exception.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, after this has been in the news before - the bakery, makes me believe that someone seeks them out for the laughs of starting something.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    This may be incredibly racist, but are Muslims known for making wedding cakes ?
    Muslim isn't a race, and I'm pretty sure their religion isn't against pastry.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    To be honest, after this has been in the news before - the bakery, makes me believe that someone seeks them out for the laughs of starting something.
    My opinion of it is that no matter what the motivation is, this is a very serious conversation the nation needs to have. Neither of these two groups, progressives and the religious, are going anywhere anytime soon, and the sooner we come to a cease fire the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Demontjuh View Post
    one is an act of evil, the other is imo not, tho some people seem to think so.
    theres more shades to it then black and white, more fruits then jsut apples and oranges if u will.
    refusing to bake somone a cake is hardly as hurtful, especially since it will not deprive you of your ability to get cake ever.
    lets call it a grey banana
    Your thought process is completely part of the problem. Just because one thing is less harmful than the other doesn't make it okay, and little stuff adds up. We say it's okay to refuse gay couples at a bakery then where do we stop? One person getting the go ahead just leads to other people doing it and eventually we've got tons of businesses refusing to serve people based on their sexuality.

Oh, whoops. We just went back to segregation again except this time it's not 'no blacks allowed' in certain businesses, it's no gays. Funny how that works.

So we have established you are comfortable with discrimination in certain situations. You just don't feel strongly enough about religion for that to be given an exception.
    Can you read the actual answer I gave you or are you just running the script of your cue cards?

I said forcing anyone into prostitution is a grave legal offence. I do not support it at all. How is that discrimination?

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Because Christianity doesn't encourage racism against anyone. That's why racists who try to hide behind religion to protect their bigotry haven't been able to, because any argument that the Bible protects and encourages racism falls apart under even casual scrutiny.
    It doesn't, in fact many Christians are actually encouraged to reach out to Gay, trans, ect people in hopes to bring them to Jesus. Homosexuality is just another sin after all.

However while they're encouraged to treat them fairly, they're also not to condone sinning. Providing a cake like that to a trans person would be like handing a teenager a playboy to them. In a way they're knowingly helping enable the sin, making them partially responsible.

The baker in this case isn't being Homo/transphobic in this case, they dont have any problems serving people of that orientation. However when it comes to cases like this it's understandable for them to decline based on religious reasons.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.11de2c642305

Clearly this is not just religious persecution but also harassment. The Colorado Civil Rights Commission has an agenda and can't accept the Supreme Courts final ruling. So now he is being targeted by people deliberating putting him in situations that goes against his personal beliefs.

This poor guys has spent the last few years going through the court system trying to defend himself and his religious beliefs, and now his reward for winning that fight is to be targeted and harassed by special interest groups. That transgender person could have bought a cake from anywhere, but this is all about symbolism and not accepting the courts decision.
    Religious nutjobs don't deserve support. They seem to be stuck somewhere 2000 years back. Retards.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Ya know, for all the calling liberals "snowflakes" that conservatives do, they are the ones that seem to get triggered FAR more often.... just saying.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.11de2c642305

Clearly this is not just religious persecution but also harassment. The Colorado Civil Rights Commission has an agenda and can't accept the Supreme Courts final ruling. So now he is being targeted by people deliberating putting him in situations that goes against his personal beliefs.

This poor guys has spent the last few years going through the court system trying to defend himself and his religious beliefs, and now his reward for winning that fight is to be targeted and harassed by special interest groups. That transgender person could have bought a cake from anywhere, but this is all about symbolism and not accepting the courts decision.
    Pretty sure that he is definitely going to lose this one. There is nothing in the bible about Transgenders and nothing about birthdays. He should have lost the last one as well. Especially since Colorado has sexuality as a protected class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Would you force a Muslim to eat pork?

No? Why is this different? because he is white and Christian? You are being a bigot here as well you know.
    There is nothing in the bible about transgenders. So clearly, it isn't against his religion. Meanwhile, eating pork is in the Quran.

- - - Updated - - -

It's more like forcing a Jewish person to serve a Nazi or a black man to serve a KKK member. Worse, that Nazi or KKK member deliberately choose to that particular shop simply because there is a Jew or black man working there. I'm pretty sure there are literally hundreds of bakers in Colorado, but the gay community has to use this particular one.
    First off, being a Nazi or KKK isn't a protected class. So your analogy is a bullshit one. Meanwhile, in Colorado, sexuality is a protected class. And it is pure speculation that they are using just this one, perhaps it is the only one in the area.

Interesting thread. I see all those who are 'for freedom of expression' behave here like Medieval Inquisition or SS, offending everyone who isn't agree with their 'free' opinion and demanding to submit to them. Is this a freedom, or it is neo-Inquisition reborn?