Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I wish the genre would expand further. Imagine watching some TV show, but being about to modify all the annoying parts to tailor conversations / and / or affect developments later. A scene too lovie-dovie? Too much ass-kissing? Too many people being jerks? Too much violence? Not enough? It's the stuff that motivates people to change the channel when scenes being too dry, boring, predictable, or plain annoying.

I just had the pleasure of trying Batman (Switch), found on clearance. It made for several pleasant, lazy afternoons so far. While the concept is nothing new, if this ever took off and gave more outcomes / endings, this could change how we look at Movies / TV. 3D-virtual-glasses would be kids stuff, when you have the power to change the flow of the narrative plot. And it is more entertainment than a game to me.

Well that is, if it ever really took off. I still like the concept, however. The "detective" scenes are OK, but the rest reminds me of KotOR, which is pleasant.

I believe Telltale Games still have games coming out, or at least still listed under comes coming out soon on various sites. So hmm ... hope it works out. Hope they (or someone else) expand the genre and take it to new levels also.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2018-08-17 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    I wish the genre would expand further. Imagine watching some TV show, but being about to modify all the annoying parts to tailor conversations / and / or affect developments later. A scene too lovie-dovie? Too much ass-kissing? Too many people being jerks? Too much violence? Not enough? It's the stuff that motivates people to change the channel when scenes being too dry, boring, predictable, or plain annoying.

I just had the pleasure of trying Batman (Switch), found on clearance. It made for several pleasant, lazy afternoons so far. While the concept is nothing new, if this ever took off and gave more outcomes / endings, this could change how we look at Movies / TV. 3D-virtual-glasses would be kids stuff, when you have the power to change the flow of the narrative plot. And it is more entertainment than a game to me.

Well that is, if it ever really took off. I still like the concept, however. The "detective" scenes are OK, but the rest reminds me of KotOR, which is pleasant.

I believe Telltale Games still have games coming out, or at least still listed under comes coming out soon on various sites. So hmm ... hope it works out. Hope they (or someone else) expand the genre and take it to new levels also.
    If you got a PS4 play Detroit Become Human, It does this genre the best.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The first episode of TWD season 4 has been good which was released earlier this week. Hope they keep up with the quality and not take a huge turn for the worst, like they did with season 2 and 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    So that definitely means we're not getting a Tales from the Borderlands 2?

10+ Year Old Account
    I only ever liked the Wolf Among us game as I was a fan of the comics before hand.. really liked that game. But I hear their other games are more of the game, which is a shame

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If you got a PS4 play Detroit Become Human, It does this genre the best.
    That hamfisted garbage just makes me laugh. I'd love to be praised for doing nothing new and just ripping everyone else off, producing an inferior product to the last 70 years of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The first episode of TWD season 4 has been good which was released earlier this week. Hope they keep up with the quality and not take a huge turn for the worst, like they did with season 2 and 3.
    It was a 9/10 for me but they commit the same sin again. Pretending we have choice but not having it matter. We can kill or let one person live but of course they die anyway. I wasn't mature enough to make my own choices anyway. The game is for teens or people who can think for themselves daddy telltale journey get fucked/

I hope they don't pull another Ben because he was an unlikable character that never learns from his mistake but of course we have to be stuck with him the whole campaign.Rather than giving us a choice and giving him so pro rather than constant cons. We have to take the turd and hope it can be polished rather than I don't know not right a shit character with no positive traits. I love when other more useful character get offed but nah gotta keep been alive till the finale. He does change as a person last minute but he has no redeeming qualities what so ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    The 3rd season was shit. Like how did they think removing Clementine as the main character and replacing her with some random asshole would be a good idea.
    I disagree Season three was good and season two was the worst. Your choices didn't matter and very few characters we're likable. Bill was also the worst villain in walking dead history. He put himself in really dumb situation for no reason but stayed alive regardless. I'm gonna hate telltale if they do same with the new villain. He can have a boss or a crew that take over after his death but make killing him put us in a worse situation than the previous one. If he's not around to maintain power let them fight for it. Let us pick a side in the conflict as well. Who am I kidding that sounds well written and actually fun. They ofcourse can't do that better just treat us like toddlers.

I honestly believe that if you think season 3 was bad you don't know decent writing. If you thought season 2 was better than season 3. You might need to get your eyes checked.

They don't know how to write villains for shit and bill is a prime example because nobody is fucking afraid of 50 year old. We didn't even taken into account that he is fat and out of shape one also heavy coughing. We're suppose to be afraid of the people loyal to him but they put the focus on the wrong character. He created a successful compound and rewards his followers. The female antagonist from season 3 did the same thing put the focus wasn't on her it was corruption in the camp instead which is why, It just came off better.

You can have an old villain but they're aren't suppose to be the main threat it's the people around them they just operate behind curtains. Season 3 learned that less season 2 was ruined because of it.

Season 2 was the walking dead teenage years everything hopeless dark and bleak just because. It a great example of what not to do with franchise.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-08-18 at 07:53 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    It was a 9/10 for me but they commit the same sin again. Pretending we have choice but not having it matter. We can kill or let one person live but of course they die anyway. I wasn't mature enough to make my own choices anyway

I can see why they don't want to carry baggage from season to season, largely due to the butterfly paradox. Where one change in the past can lead to a tremendous multitude of possible outcomes.

While a particular season may only last a couple hours .. the voice acting alone, if heard in consecutive sequence would be many,many+more hours long -- For just one season (most of it never gets heard because of choices).

So grossly adjusting to a consecutive season would be a vast undertaking. 6 seasons may take a Terabyte drive to hold it all; and tens of thousands of hours of voice acting to account for all permutations.

I like the style of their business model though. And your desires may one day come true, with good AI and a high quality voice reconstructor, based solely upon actors voice samples under difference emotion ranges.

But they do need to change their current toolset / engine though. The limitations for what they want vs what they can do appear to be converging, if reviewers are accurate.

I got a recommendation for Game of Thrones Telltale from my local Mom&Pop game store. Any likes or dislikes on this one?
    Last edited by Vineri; 2018-08-18 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    That hamfisted garbage just makes me laugh. I'd love to be praised for doing nothing new and just ripping everyone else off, producing an inferior product to the last 70 years of science fiction.
    Thanks for showing you didn't play it. Its the first game like this to actually make your choices matter unlike anything Telltale has put out.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    I can see why they don't want to carry baggage from season to season, largely due to the butterfly paradox. Where one change in the past can lead to a tremendous multitude of possible outcomes.

While a particular season may only last a couple hours .. the voice acting alone, if heard in consecutive sequence would be many,many+more hours long -- For just one season (most of it never gets heard because of choices).
    Can you imagine the voice acting budget when all the permutations for who lives and dies isn't properly constrained ?

Part of what makes "choices matter!" work in Mass Effect, Witcher, etc.... is that the choices that matter are generally at the macro-level, so the "results" (and voice actors) may be adjusted as desired in production.

I look at these games as an interactive movie... where my choices or illusion of choice, isn't as big a deal as the story I am being presented with.

I got a recommendation for Game of Thrones Telltale from my local Mom&Pop game store. Any likes or dislikes on this one?
    I really enjoy Game of Thrones... but not the game. What works for the show just doesn't work in a "choices matter" game. Because when "your character" is dying due to no fault of your own, it feels you're being punished capriciously and have no control over the story. At least in a TV show or movie, you *know* you have no control over the story, but in a game like this, the illusion of control makes a difference.

If you're going to play any Telltale game outside of Walking Dead, it should be Tales from the Borderlands.

Yeah, TTG Game of Thrones would have worked better if they didn't have canon characters and was a side-story.

I sort of threw up my hands when Ramsay was introduced because it felt to me there was no point in investing in these new characters if they were just going to get offed.

I mean, it did capture the hopeless/helplessness feeling of Game of Thrones. A bit too well.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"