Poll: How good were the last 5 days for you?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Rate the first 5 days of the BFA expansion

Not much more to say honestly, raids are not there yet, so just give a grade to the currently available content, and feel free to say why.

I'm 116 so far.

-Questing and story has been fun, and I don't even like trolls in general.

-I'm not having any gameplay issue, even though I'm still not a fan of level scaling.

-The zones are really quite nice looking and well laid out.

-Azerite armor is...okay. Some neat effects, but I am curious to see how it is at higher levels.

Deleted
    I gave it a 6: the zones are great, you feel really immersed, but there many problems right now (that were mentioned a thousand times on other threads), especially once you're lvl 120.
    BFA has potential, but everything rests on Blizzard's shoulders now.

Deleted
    9 is the most popular option so far? Damn, people are either in denial or the quality standard nowadays is super low...or maybe both?

10+ Year Old Account
    8. It's been an amazing experience but I'll deduct two points for the clunkiness of combat design (why is it _less_ polished than Legion?) as well as the mistuning of outdoor mobs past lvl 116.

9/10 for me.

Questing was great, gameplay is fun, arms is awesome, dungeons are fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortextex View Post
    9 is the most popular option so far? Damn, people are either in denial or the quality standard nowadays is super low...or maybe both?
    Alternatively, people just don't share your opinion.

8. Reminds me of Legion's first week and that's not a bad thing. Depending on how warfronts turn out, might bring it up to a 9.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    No idea...because going by the bitch factor on this forum, the most popular opinion should be a 2?

Maybe the vocal people and the ones silently enjoying things just don't match up.

And apart from that...opinions and all that. I mean..if your standards are so high ...what game are you playing nowadays and if you did buy BfA..why so? You have been warned by endless threads on MMO C
    You're probably right, it's only the beginning, so people are having a good time right now, they don't see everything that's wrong with it. Mark my words though, if Blizzard doesn't bring an enormous amount of changes in 8.1, it's gonna do down in the top 3 of the worst wow expansions with cata and WoD

10/10. Troll zone is bomb

So far about 7 or 8, but that's mostly due to how combat is a bit dull more at the front of an expansion. Perhaps by 8.1 and onward the gameplay for each class will take full shape and be even more enjoyable - but right now with the removal of legendaries (despite the RNG system of it) has reduced quite a few fun factors for classes. Including the removal of artifacts, many specializations feel empty or really dull now.

I'm hoping Blizzard looks back on the legendary system from Legion and actually re-implements it but in a controllable and fun way.

Went with 9/10; some thoughts listed below.

• The expansion's launch was very smooth for me besides a few minutes of lag. No complaints from me, and from what I've heard, it sounds like they handled an international launch very well.
    • The Horde questing experience was very enjoyable with consistent stories and every zone came together nicely. Vol'dun was maybe the weakest of the three, but it was still much less disjointed than previous expansion zones. By a WoW expansion's standards, everything in the quest department was worthwhile. Only gripe was Nazmir's finale being bugged, but that's been fixed.
    • At 120, I think the current endgame progression is much better than Legion's - besides the usual dungeon gearing through Mythic, the pace has really been shaken up with expeditions, new takes on world questing, some time/rep gated unlocks, daily pterrordax quest, etc. There's really always something to do and I'm really enjoying it.
    • Retribution paladins are enjoyable to play as well, and even though our cleave potential isn't as great as it was, the rotation feels more fluid with changes to Judgement, bringing back execute with Hammer of Wrath, etc. There wasn't really any abilities gained, but this doesn't bother me since I think players should have access to their full kit earlier, rather than later.
    • Azerite traits are not the game changers Blizzard might have tried to sell them as, but I feel like they fall somewhere between Artifact traits and Netherlight traits. Most are just straight DPS buffs with minor caveats like DPSing behind the boss for Dagger in the Back, Haste windows with Meticulous Scheming, etc. Still very thrilled at the fact I don't need to level up 3 necklaces for each spec like Legion, though.

Overall, I feel like this expansion keeps a lot of what Legion did well, while ditching negatives like legendary drops, ap grinding for each spec, and mission table content gating class halls.

9. Would be 10 if we were getting new abilities or talenta, other than passive Heart of Azeroth traits.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Solid 5.

Vol'dun is shite, Azerite gearing is shite. Doing a Mythic and getting no loot is shite. Ilvl scaling shouldn't exist. And the Alliance? The Alliance and their storyline can go fuck themselves, cus I ain't doing it.

But Zandalar is awesome. I'm enjoying the world quests and dungeons. I feel like the reputations are worth doing. But good lord I wish Mythic would drop a proper helmet and ring instead of bloody Azerite shoulders, another pair of bracers or nothing.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2018-08-18 at 08:36 PM.

i hope alliance side its better, HATE the troll city

I enjoyed it quite a lot BUT i fear there will be trouble with the Heart and Island Expeditions. I dont feel any enthusiasm when i get a new azerite level or EVEN new gear, and Island Expedition, i like it (exploration but its not truly random dungeons) but the rewards are a lackluster.

Deleted
    A 9, love the new zones, feels so much open than the legion zones (felt so small scaled)

Gonna go with 9.

Had lots of fun with little to complain about as I casually went about my business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortextex View Post
    Or maybe they enjoy something you dont? I gave it a 7. 9 leveling, like 6 for end game. If the neck was as good as weapons it would be an 8 or 9 for endgame atm.

It feels like a beta test at times.

Island Expeditions are a colossal fucking failure of epic proportions.

Azerite armor at 120 requires far too high a level on the heart. Theres no reason a ilvl 310 item should require me to reach level 22 when that piece is essentially quest reward tier.

Questing is fine, navigating Dazar'Alor can be a pain though.

Visuals are very good, but if the gameplay is hollow, whats it matter?