Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Why do quests get harder at level 120?

Shouldn't I have gotten stronger? Is the scaling off? I only died once on my way to level 120, and that was because I had to close the game while in combat. Now I did the Stormsong quests with that weird dude on the cliffs where you have to purge the corruption, "Flush Them Out" and "Despondent Ablutions". Now even though I didn't die, both quests I probably would not have managed to do solo, and I was moonkin and able to heal myself.

Are those quests just supposed to be harder or is something wrong with the scaling?

Deleted
    Great trolling, made with a new account. Yea it is supose to be hard if you just dinged and you still dont do dungeons for gear. Your not geared for it.

At 120 you're properly set at the bottom of the barrel for end-game content, this happened in Legion too. People heading into Suramar at launch complained about getting wrecked by the mobs there. It's something you'll quickly outgear and it won't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    At 120 you're properly set at the bottom of the barrel for end-game content, this happened in Legion too. People heading into Suramar at launch complained about getting wrecked by the mobs there. It's something you'll quickly outgear and it won't be a problem.
    These leveling zones and mobs are not end game content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    Great trolling, made with a new account. Yea it is supose to be hard if you just dinged and you still dont do dungeons for gear. Your not geared for it.
    Because the scaling is off. Why am I being punished for being level 120, when the same quest would be easier at a lower level. Why are quests being scaled with dungeon gear in mind?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    But Suramar was endgame content. I was just continuing the questing in Stormsong Valley.

you basically got weaker because you did not get any upgrade from 119 to 120 while mobs scaled up and your stats like crit mastery haste etc required more ratings on higher level so they even went down a bit. Ye you basically got weaker on 120 which is a joke but wahtever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Give it maybe 2 or 3 afternoons of gearing and you'll be 3-shotting everything as usual.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Give it maybe 2 or 3 afternoons of gearing and you'll be 3-shotting everything as usual.
    you wont - scaling is crazy high this expansion. even at 330+ you will need much more then that.

blizzard needs to boost those MAU numbers somehow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you wont - scaling is crazy high this expansion. even at 330+ you will need much more then that.

blizzard needs to boost those MAU numbers somehow.
    Its no higher then it was for legion at 334 I am ready doing 3-4 pulls so I have heard no one I know complaining about this it just takes a day to get gear then its fine.

Quote Originally Posted by mysweetlord View Post
    Because the scaling is off. Why am I being punished for being level 120, when the same quest would be easier at a lower level. Why are quests being scaled with dungeon gear in mind?

- - - Updated - - -

But Suramar was endgame content. I was just continuing the questing in Stormsong Valley.
    Your not being punished if you just hit 120 you prob still in full shit sub 250 greens while 120 blues start at 310.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    Not geared for doing normal quests in Stormsong? Do you know how stupid this sounds?
    Never ever in the history of WoW ever did you need to get geared in dungeons to be able to do normal random quests at max level unless you wanted to solo group quests in tbc shadowmoon or Icecrown.
    questing => dungeons => raids

Suramar was the exception because it was supposed to be for max level only.

The scaling is off.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    These leveling zones and mobs are not end game content.
    all zones and all mobs are endgame content now, like how they were in vanilla for all the 50+ zones

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

because its how scaling works.
    levelign is balanced off leveling gear, and while you were low level you had full raiding gear
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Then I'll have played through the content. I only wanna do the quests once, no interest in endgame. But now it almost looks like it's better to do the 3rd zone on another alt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    all zones and all mobs are endgame content now, like how they were in vanilla for all the 50+ zones

- - - Updated - - -

because its how scaling works.
    levelign is balanced off leveling gear, and while you were low level you had full raiding gear
    In Vanilla, when you hit 60, you were stronger than at level 59.

7+ Year Old Account
    Then I'll have played through the content. I only wanna do the quests once, no interest in endgame. But now it almost looks like it's better to do the 3rd zone on another alt.

- - - Updated - - -

it was still endgame content, and you didnt suddenly gain a massive amount of power, you still needed to gear, as you d now.

Deleted
    it was still endgame content, and you didnt suddenly gain a massive amount of power, you still needed to gear, as you d now.
    What is your point? That Vanilla had endgame zones? There was no level scaling in Vanilla. You didn't get weaker upon hitting level 60.

Every expansion had endgame content. I'm not talking about endgame content, I'm talking about level up content.

Deleted
    The normal questing is not end game content. WQ's is the end game content.

It should not be normal that you have to first gear in a dungeon to continue the normal questing in a zone even if you are max level.

- - - Updated - - -

That is because mobs didn't scale. What are you not getting here? When you ding max level now, you are probably the weakest that you will ever be. I out DPSed new 120s in a normal dungeon when I was 103. I had two legendaries and a bunch of epics and BFA greens. They weren't even geared enough to do Heroics. Is it good design? I don't think so, but it is the direction that they have chosen to go. YOur bitching is not going to change it so just get on with the job and L2P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exxellion View Post

It should not be normal that you have to first gear in a dungeon to continue the normal questing in a zone even if you are max level.
    But you don't have to so what if a mob takes 10 seconds to kill instead of 8 you people make this out to be some huge problem when its really not the real problem is the power difference between under 116 with 2 legendareis and once you hit 116 that's a big power loss but the one from 119 to 120 was not a big deal for anyone I know.
    Last edited by Firatha; 2018-08-19 at 07:00 AM.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exxellion View Post

i reached max and finished all the zones before doing dungeon content, maybe yall just suck?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    That is because mobs didn't scale. What are you not getting here? When you ding max level now, you are probably the weakest that you will ever be. I out DPSed new 120s in a normal dungeon when I was 103. I had two legendaries and a bunch of epics and BFA greens. They weren't even geared enough to do Heroics. Is it good design? I don't think so, but it is the direction that they have chosen to go. YOur bitching is not going to change it so just get on with the job and L2P.
    I love how you say you don't even think it's good design, yet you have to be contrarian and flame me. Why are you so mad?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    But you don't have to so what if a mob takes 10 seconds to kill instead of 8 you people make this out to be some huge problem when its really not the real problem is the power difference between under 116 with 2 legendareis and once you hit 116 that's a big power loss but the one from 119 to 120 was not a big deal for anyone I know.
    What if a quest takes 10 minutes to complete instead of 2? Is that enough reason to be annoyed?

The central question still is, why do I get weaker as I hit level 120? Where does that make sense, and who thinks that is good game design?

Deleted
    i reached max and finished all the zones before doing dungeon content, maybe yall just suck?
    Here we go, you can't win against logic so here come insults. Go home kid.