Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Curious, going slightly OT, but she's lived there for decades and doesn't speak English...? Talk about failure to assimilate...

Regardless, them cops sure are tough guys taking on a real elderly with an imposing 5 foot frame!
    assimilate, shes probably never had a job, never really left the house except for church ect. Shes oppressed shes from the middle east these women have no rights or privileges. She probably wasnt allowed to learn english

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    The police have a right not to risk being stabbed in any physical altercation.
    You realize that 87 year old women have a right not to be tased too, and since they gave no real reason for doing it, as well as facing punitive measures and changes in police department policy because of this case, they had no real reason?

I get that this world is filled with people so pro law enforcement that they're willing for law enforcement to commit gaffes and improper judgment all the time at expense of citizens, but that really is not the way to run a PD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    You think so little of the officers like they are some cruel monsters or something, If they judged it right to taser her Its with good reason.
    Rofl, as shown many times over the last several years, officers have so little hiring requirements and training that they have many many many many MANY times shown that they have extremely poor judgment and will use excessive force when none was warranted. I'm willing to throw some more local tax dollars at my PD if it means they step up hiring requirements from high school drop outs with highly emotional reactions and sick internal biases, to people who actually work out and have good judgment.

Sorry to wreck your biased notions of the world, but just because they're in the police force doesn't mean they have good judgment.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    What a load of shit. It's a risk you sign up for the moment you become part of law enforcement.

What they can do however, is properly assess the situation and make the right call. Gods, imagine being scared shitless because of a woman with a gardening knife. The whole concept of "when feeling threatened" is so vague because some people are just scared shitless over the smallest things.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    What a load of shit. It's a risk you sign up for the moment you become part of law enforcement.

What they can do however, is properly assess the situation and make the right call. Gods, imagine being scared shitless because of a woman with a gardening knife. The whole concept of "when feeling threatened" is so vague because some people are just scared shitless over the smallest things.
    Pretty much. Tasers can bring about death from heart attack among the elderly and sick. At worst she had a small kitchen knife or a steak knife. I doubt this old lady was carrying around a commando knife or bowie knife. If this was 20 years ago, I might be more inclined to believe it, but it has been revealed over the last couple of decades that police officers often lack proper judgment and can be completely retarded... and often are.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Pretty much. Tasers can bring about death from heart attack among the elderly and sick. At worst she had a small kitchen knife or a steak knife. I doubt this old lady was carrying around a commando knife or bowie knife. If this was 20 years ago, I might be more inclined to believe it, but it has been revealed over the last couple of decades that police officers often lack proper judgment and can be completely retarded... and often are.
    Remember this:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-...story?id=95836

A man whose bid to become a police officer was rejected after he scored too high on an intelligence test has lost an appeal in his federal lawsuit against the city.

The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York upheld a lower court’s decision that the city did not discriminate against Robert Jordan because the same standards were applied to everyone who took the test.

“This kind of puts an official face on discrimination in America against people of a certain class,” Jordan said today from his Waterford home. “I maintain you have no more control over your basic intelligence than your eye color or your gender or anything else.”

He said he does not plan to take any further legal action.

Jordan, a 49-year-old college graduate, took the exam in 1996 and scored 33 points, the equivalent of an IQ of 125. But New London police interviewed only candidates who scored 20 to 27, on the theory that those who scored too high could get bored with police work and leave soon after undergoing costly training.
    What is most interesting is that what... you don't think he can move up into the more challenging jobs or are those also for the "not too intelligent?

7+ Year Old Account
    87 year old women have a a more important right not to be tased by coward police officers

Deleted
    They can always, you know, back off.

Deleted
    The old women wasn't obeying the police. It's not like the police tased a her randomly.

Amazing how people who pretend that guns are required to fight ''dah gubinment'' are the first ones that lick the police when someone is not doing EVERYTHING their blue gods order them to….

Walks the streets with a knife in hand, ignores police, gets tasered.
    What exactly is surprising in this story? Old age? Old people can stab too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    It’s not surprising that cowards continuously make it into the police force, use their cowardice to harm people, and not use their brains in a given situation.

once again it has been proven that we got to many idiot pigs with a badge and noone interested in holding them accountable. really i should run for office and be tough on pigs will be my slogan

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    Id blame the cops but its actually their training failing them, and they in turn fail the community they swore to protect.
    Do u need TRAINING in knowing u should prolly not fucking TAZE an very old person?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    It’s not surprising that cowards continuously make it into the police force, use their cowardice to harm people, and not use their brains in a given situation.
    You're not making much sense.
    Tell me the exact number of years of age when police are forbidden from tasing an armed person on the street.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Give ONE example of ''old lady with pruning knife'' go on a killing spree. Go on.

To those saying the cops are 100% wrong, and you with your golden heart and top MMA/disarming skills, what would you have done?

Don't try and pass it off "but im not a cop", right now, even in your calm environment, can you come up with a way to deal with someone, that is unable to communicate with you, does not follow orders and any use of force will be seen as to far; What would you do?

I will laugh any anyone that says to simply 'disarm' her. She has clearly shown not willing to drop a potentially danger weapon, regardless of her sex/age. They can't just 'back away' because she is already brandishing a deadly weapon while trespassing on private property. Also, any chance of 'taking the knife away' always has the potential of putting an officer in harms way, and if she starts resisting, what then? They will have to restrain her which could end up in her being her hurt way more than from being tazzed. If he her heart is bad enough to not taz, cant physically confront her as that may trigger it too!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    yup, and the original point is that its the womans fault for not know english, and she must know english to live here.. but neither are true.
    Oh the fact she was doing a crime and was waving a deadly weapon while doing that is absolutely irrelevant i guess?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Do u need TRAINING in knowing u should prolly not fucking TAZE an very old person?
    The old person maybe need some training to not break the law and comply to motherfuckers poiting dakka at your face, both can play this game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warpten View Post
    Oh the fact she was doing a crime and was waving a deadly weapon while doing that is absolutely irrelevant i guess?

- - - Updated - - -

The old person maybe need some training to not break the law and comply to motherfuckers poiting dakka at your face, both can play this game.
    What kind of cop cant disarm a 87 year old woman without resorting to tazer?

Maybe the cops training should be more than firing their gun till its empty then calling it a day and getting their diploma.

If u saw a 5 year old walking around with a knife, would it be okay taze the kid "cuz he was breaking the law" ?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Give ONE example of ''old lady with pruning knife'' go on a killing spree. Go on.
    http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/3...abbing-on-maui

An 80-year-old woman was arrested after a stabbing in Kahului over the weekend.

It happened outside the Salvation Army on West Kamehameha Avenue shortly before 10 a.m. Sunday.

The victim, 55-year-old Lauralee Basbas, was found with a puncture wound to her abdomen.

Not a killing spree as such. But it does show a elderly woman can be dangerous with a knife. And a pruning knife? I thought it was a kitchen knife, which can vary a lot in size and blade length. A pruning knife is wicked looking, with a hooked end.

Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2018-08-19 at 10:34 PM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    A pruning knife is wicked looking, with a hooked end.
    Uhh scary...

You realize that the hooked end makes it less dangerous, don't you?