Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    yo, horde, wanna mana-bomb hollywood, then blight it, then we'll nuke it from orbit with the vindicaar?
    following that we can all corpse-camp outside the fallout zone.

Look at how he's suffering. Poor guy. Not in any way a cash grab.

Gasp! Hypocrites in some movement/standing?! Colour me shocked!

Turns out awful people can be sexually assaulted too. It's almost like it could happen to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post

you don't need to suffer to be a victim. hell, lets get a turtles all the way down investigation, find out if he paid anyone off for sexual abuse.

Deleted
    The thief yelling "Thief!".

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    [IMG]https://consequenceofsound.files.wordpress.com/2018/08/asia-arengto-with-bennett.png?w=807[/]

This proves what? I have pictures with an ex like this, but the bitch turned out to be crazy.

So it was she who started the #MeToo "movement"?
    Ironic.

This a greatly ironic.

And for the people saying he wanted it, all the women wanted it from Harvey Weinstein and every man they've accused because who doesn't want to fuck a celebrity, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it exonerate Weinstein? No.

Does it kill #MeToo, no.

Does it make her a hypocrite, yes.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    This proves what? I have pictures with an ex like this, but the bitch turned out to be crazy.
    Hopefully she paid you off then!

Let's not forget that she killed Anthony Bourdain as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Maybe she drugged him?

People here are acting as if there is no possible way a woman could be a predator.
    There's no indication in the article that she drugged him. She did give him some alcohol...so maybe that was enough to get him to lower his inhibitions and do something he might not otherwise do. I just don't think there was any physical force involved here.

Like I said...she may have manipulated him into having sex with her and, legally speaking, what she did was criminal.

Women can easily be predators. I'm just not convinced that was what happened here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    I really hope you're a #metoo critic, because if you're trying to defend it, you're doing the worst job, by basically using the same language and dismissiveness that lead to the culture that made the movement necessary.

Of course, this whole thing is like a field day for #metoo critics because this obviously discredits the whole movements, that's how things work, yep. It's over and there is nothing they can do now, get back to groping people, everyone! (this paragraph was sarcasm)
    I support the #metoo movement...I just also believe that all the claims should be thoroughly investigated as well. I don't like the thought of innocent people getting their careers destroyed by a spiteful ex or someone looking for a payday. I also hate the thought of people having their careers leveraged against them in exchange for sexual favours. So I tend to look at each accusation as they come along.

Like I said...she did break the law. I may not agree with where the AoC is set...but we don't get to pick which laws we follow. If this were a criminal trial and I were on the jury...with the information presented in the article...I'd vote guilty.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    There's no indication in the article that she drugged him. She did give him some alcohol...so maybe that was enough to get him to lower his inhibitions and do something he might not otherwise do. I just don't think there was any physical force involved here.

Like I said...she may have manipulated him into having sex with her and, legally speaking, what she did was criminal.

Women can easily be predators. I'm just not convinced that was what happened here.
    Why? There is minimal information other than they worked together, he accused her, and she paid him 380k....

What's even more creepy is she once referred to him as "My son, my love."
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Why? There is minimal information other than they worked together, he accused her, and she paid him 380k....
    There's no criminal charge and there doesn't appear to be the damage to his career that he claims in his suit.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    No, not really tbh. Not nice at all.
    She looks like a damaged person, just as so many of these "metoo" women do. (Like the crazy buzzcut lady in the bottom picture).

Isn't she also the one that drove Anthony Bourdain into suicide, because she was seen with some other guy?
    We all fuck up, it's just a matter of how bad. No-one is whole or perfect but some choose to wear their scars instead of conceal them. It doesn't change anything and it says a whole lot more about you if you think it does.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    Sounds like a nuisance lawsuit got paid off is all. For me this has no value in terms of anything other than that.

FWIW, I think there's an entire agenda now afoot to disgrace the "me too" movement in a 'whataboutism" type move. As in "me too" isn't important because everybody does this shit, men and women alike.

That cannot realistically be accurate. Why not? Because for years and probably still today, men are the traditional sexual aggressors that are expected to make the first move. Now that's not always true, but I am sure it is still most often true.

In the final analysis, people just need to learn that when there is a power imbalance, sexual advances are probably a risk not worth the possible repercussions. They also need to learn when to accept no for an answer, and no is always no - never maybe nor yes. And finally, it's probably better nowadays to ask if something is of interest to the other party before getting all grabby.

I mean, how fucking hard is it to simply not force oneself on another? I've never found it particularly difficult to focus on the ladies that want me just as much as I want them. And it's been just fucking grand. You make someone an offer, they so no, move on. Done and done. Big fucking deal. The world is filled with beautiful, sexy, and available women that will say yes.
    Metoo isn't important because no body really cares.

Statistically on actually world wide rape and harassment numbers it's had little to no effect.

Just a bunch of 1%ers throwing shit at each other for quick payouts.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecthaelion View Post
    Am I the only one that clicked this thinking it was a High School DxD reference?
    Same.

/20chars

- - - Updated - - -

This all reminds me of the article "What Happens to #MeToo When a Feminist Is the Accused?", which by the way, the answer to the articles title is "Rally to her defense and call the accuser a lying scumbag.

Diane Davis, chair of the department of rhetoric at the University of Texas-Austin, who also signed the letter to the university supporting Professor Ronell, said she and her colleagues were particularly disturbed that, as they saw it, Mr. Reitman was using Title IX, a feminist tool, to take down a feminist.
    This quote is especially juicy. The defense of Argento will be standard, much as the defense of this professor. Because in the end the "rules are for thee not for me".
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    There's no criminal charge and there doesn't appear to be the damage to his career that he claims in his suit.
    Since it was likely dropped after the lawsuit was paid.... I dunno why there would be. I've also never heard of him, and it would be tough to really prove it didn't.