Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I don't recall this happening in WotLK, Cata or MoP. Secondary stats were always plentiful during the expansions I quoted.

For example, a 489 ilvl Hunter (MoP - Hof/ToS/MSV secondary stats were near around 25%.) Then again, Reforging was available.

I also recall having at least or near 20% crit and about 18% haste on a fresh dingged 80 in WotLK) so..
    Oh yeah the raids were definitely time gated for the first at least Cata and on wards. I can't honestly remember before then but I think they were too. Dungeons weren't, they were rep gated (heroics, you could use someone elses key though), and the rest of the stuff didn't exist.

I wasn't referring to the stats, but yeah they were higher back then. It's the squish that did it. I remember the wod squish had the same effect.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Oh yeah the raids were definitely time gated for the first at least Cata and on wards. I can't honestly remember before then but I think they were too. Dungeons weren't, they were rep gated (heroics), and the rest of the stuff didn't exist.

I wasn't referring to the stats, but yeah they were higher back then. It's the squish that did it. I remember the wod squish had the same effect.
    Yeah I remember the same thing from WoD onwards. That's why I'm a bit clueless and like "uhm what..?.." when people say it has "happened every expansion"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tolfor View Post
    I answered your questions very clearly. Perhaps you need to read. :^)

And are you seriously trying to use cherrypicked posts with internet upvotes as an argument?
    Just wanted to quote you again because I'm still waiting on your answer doll.

My last response was...

"So I'll take that as a no then."

"cherrypicked" but have 20 pages of responses XD!!!"

Kindly respond. c:

He's gone offline, well... Uhm lol.
    Last edited by Laqweeta; 2018-08-23 at 12:35 AM.

Deleted
    Do some PvP

For the common PvP'er this is the best time to be alive.
    Because all you need to do is some trivial things to be on par with everyone else.
    And once you are full of insane gear...its time to roflstomp some noobs in random BG's.

I only started doing Mythics today and it was a blast and extremely funny.

Its not Blizz fault you jumped right into Mythic Dungeons from the beginning.
    You are supposed to:
    -Do some normal dungeons
    -Do some world quests
    -Do some Heroic dungeons
    -Do some world quests
    -Spam Mythic Dungeons

This is supposed to take you some time.
    What tha hell have you done to rush all this content?

Anyway, im still on the phase of spaming Mythic Dungeons.
    And once i finish that...ITS RIGHT INTO BATTLEGROUNDS the entire patch, everyday, oh yeah

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    But are you doing anything with your guild? What's the last thing you did with them?
    I’m at 345 ilvl. I run m0 with the same guild group every week and we clear all 10 dungeons every week. My guild has set 5 man groups that run all the dungeons together and then switch off to alts and run with anyone’s main who isn’t in a group. We have a 30 man roster, 23 ish for mythic, rest are on bench/ready for swaps.

I’ve done basically everything. Finished war campaign, weekly island expeditions done and are usually done on Tuesday, have 2 more m0s to run tonight with my group and that’s basically it.

However, if your competitively raiding then that’s definitely not it. World quests for champions/whichever faction gives you your 355 gear is extremely important. This alone gives me a reason to log in for at least 1hr-2hrs.

There has been a ton of shit to do. I’ve done basically everything and I’m still not done which is pretty cool. I’m enjoying everything a lot especially running m0s every week with my group.

TLDR: Even after everything I still find a reason to log in. World quests primarily and if I feel like doing some extra shit just for fun I’ll que for some island expeditions and just chill. So no, it doesn’t feel like I’m idle waiting for raid even though I’ve done basically everything. Still something to do every day. On September 4th were getting Uldir, Mythic+ and Warfronts. That’s going to add a ton more content which I’m definitely looking forward to but I still have shit to do daily.
    Last edited by Thestuff1992; 2018-08-23 at 12:39 AM.

I've found the rep gates kinda annoying and loath non cheesed expeditions but over all I have been having fun grouping .

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah you're dead wrong, my armory is in my signature lol. I'm ilvl 311 and haven't even unlocked world quests.

I don't want to do anything because it's all so easy and pointless RIGHT NOW. Is that too crazy and unbelievable?

I just don't understand, it wasn't always like this.. But also it's how everyone raced past me for no real reason, that's half of this gripe, if you will.
    What is the rushing everything?
    Well... it depends on taste, as a tank, you should be able to find groups quite easily, and if you really not into anything in particular cause gear will not matter, then do things that will matter in the long run, like reputation (mainly Champions of Azeroth), or go do PVP and get some nice looking gear, do your war campaign and maybe check what other faction give, if you're interested, then go pick it up, also there are many groups doing Legion content for transmog gear (me being one of those many), so you could go and hunt those things (or go hunt any of those cool looking mounts that have a really low drop rate -like Alar-)

Quote Originally Posted by Thestuff1992 View Post
    I’m at 345 ilvl. I run m0 with the same guild group every week and we clear all 10 dungeons every week. My guild has set 5 man groups that run all the dungeons together and then switch off to alts and run with anyone’s main who isn’t in a group. We have a 30 man roster, 23 ish for mythic, rest are on bench/ready for swaps.

I’ve done basically everything. Finished war campaign, weekly island expeditions done and are usually done on Tuesday, have 2 more m0s to run tonight with my group and that’s basically it.

However, if your competitively raiding then that’s definitely not it. World quests for champions/whichever faction gives you your 355 gear is extremely important. This alone gives me a reason to log in for at least 1hr-2hrs.

There has been a ton of shit to do. I’ve done basically everything and I’m still not done which is pretty cool. I’m enjoying everything a lot especially running m0s every week with my group.

TLDR: Even after everything I still find a reason to log in. World quests primarily and if I feel like doing some extra shit just for fun I’ll que for some island expeditions and just chill. So no, it doesn’t feel like I’m idle waiting for raid even though I’ve done basically everything. Still something to do every day. On September 4th were getting Uldir, Mythic+ and Warfronts. That’s going to add a ton more content which I’m definitely looking forward to but I still have shit to do daily.
    Care to explain what you have to do daily?

Seems from your post that the only thing you have to look forward to is WQs and IE (Island Expeditions)

So, for arguments sake, back in WotLK, when you could do both 10M and 25M, you had a BUNCH of stuff you could do.

Are you content with this? Are you content with doing 10-15 IE's and running M+?

(again, this isn't attacking or anything)

Anyone else log in and realize they're just waiting for the raid to come out?

Also has anyone else realized that most of the playerbase wants to complete everything day one by themselves? They realize chasing gear in pugs is pointless because normal raid will replace all their gear, right?

I play a tank. I leveled by myself. By the time I hit 120, everyone was already too high iLvl and burnt out, so now I'm pugging by myself also.
    The only thing I can really do in this game that's organized is raid.

Do I just need to find a better guild, better friends to play with, all of the above?

TL;DR: Week 2 and I'm already idling, waiting for the raid. Why is this called an MMO again?
    Week 2 and I just hit 120 and haven't played in a few days. In no rush since I still have almost 2 full weeks to get some gear for raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been farming ore and leather and crafting pretty much since I hit 120. Made 100k gold so far, and I've only ever had about 100k at any one time so that's cool. Havent done a single dungeon or island expedition, I still have tons of stuff to do!

Funny, after 1 week I decided to sub for 6 months because they fixed many things that sucked in legion like RNG legendaries and silly over the top numbers (I really hate million damage+) and a lot less focus on garbage missions/followers. I am staying subbed and I am excited to gear up all my newly made characters that I re-rolled because of allied races. Didn't think they could improve, but they did. Also VERY glad raid sets are gone so I can just do mythic+ dungeons for all my gear needs. Best expansion for me probably.

I despised WoD, I didn't like Legion, I enjoy BfA. Seems like good progress.

I also like the scrapper/crafting changes they did. 9/10 expansion so far, they just need to add stuff over time and I will give them 10/10.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2018-08-23 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    level 116 on my first character here,

I work seasonally at the moment usually my hours are 8-7. mostly 6 days a week, but often 7 days. I come home, I eat, I chill out for a few hours on wow. Sometimes, like tonight, I've logged on, done the war campaign for 114 and 116 then come off and gone on STO. The other night I played some cards.

Personally, I find it common sense if you just play wow and play it hours a day since a new expac launch you're going to get burn out / loss of interest.

And I could be wrong but this suggests to me

That you aren't bothering to do anything now at max level until the raid launches because it's easy to catch up at a later date? You can literally apply this logic to any time point in this expansion. People aren't just chasing gear to be raid ready, they are doing it because they enjoy it, they enjoy playing the game.

Honestly it just comes across as you've played a lot in a short space of time, you're logging but can't be arsed to do anything but you haven't got anything else to do so you stay logged in then complain about not having more to do between now and then.
    You lost out on grinding your neck/reps from world quests this whole week and drops from 10 mythic dungeons. gg catching up.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I'm not. There's a lot to do. I didn't even finished all quests, let alone reputations, professions, dungeons, etc. I'm glad that raids are delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Funny, after 1 week I decided to sub for 6 months because they fixed many things that sucked in legion like RNG legendaries and silly over the top numbers (I really hate million damage+) and a lot less focus on garbage missions/followers. I am staying subbed and I am excited to gear up all my newly made characters that I re-rolled because of allied races. Didn't think they could improve, but they did. Also VERY glad raid sets are gone so I can just do mythic+ dungeons for all my gear needs. Best expansion for me probably.

I despised WoD, I didn't like Legion, I enjoy BfA. Seems like good progress.

I also like the scrapper/crafting changes they did. 9/10 expansion so far, they just need to add stuff over time and I will give them 10/10.
    You rate the expansion 9/10 and all you've done was level o_0...

You rate the expansion 9/10 and all you've done was level o_0...
    Well...let these people discover what awaits them at level cap...lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    normal dungeons
    world quests
    heroic dungeons
    mythic

Then jump to pvp once you are maxed out

September 4th is too early of a patch for me.
    I wanted to be maxed out on gear and experience PvP at least for 2-3 weeks.
    PvP right now is awesome because everyone is on the same level (Mythic gear)
    I only started yesterday doing Mythics so im not maxed out yet.

But, shit, i wanted to experience and enjoy PvP at least for a couple of weeks with the game at this state.
    Guess it wont be possible because i am behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    My point exactly lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    normal dungeons
    world quests
    heroic dungeons
    mythic

Then jump to pvp once you are maxed out

September 4th is too early of a patch for me.
    I wanted to be maxed out on gear and experience PvP at least for 2-3 weeks.
    PvP right now is awesome because everyone is on the same level (Mythic gear)
    I only started yesterday doing Mythics so im not maxed out yet.

But, shit, i wanted to experience and enjoy PvP at least for a couple of weeks with the game at this state.
    Guess it wont be possible because i am behind.
    World Quests isn't content.
    Normal Dungeons
    Heroic Dungeons

This is where it should've ended.

Care to explain what you have to do daily?

Seems from your post that the only thing you have to look forward to is WQs and IE (Island Expeditions)

So, for arguments sake, back in WotLK, when you could do both 10M and 25M, you had a BUNCH of stuff you could do.

Are you content with this? Are you content with doing 10-15 IE's and running M+?

(again, this isn't attacking or anything)
    Yeah I’m pretty content with that considering I bursted through weeks worth of content for the normal player. Getting revered with 7th legion (war campaign) generally should take a few weeks, it took me less than a week. For a normal player it should take quite a bit to get to 345, it took me ~1 1/2 weeks.

I chose to rush through tons of content in a couple days. I’m surprised I’m left with any content at all, however i have 1-2 hours of playtime with world quests/heroic dungeon (for azerite/satchel) and if I choose to, island expeditions. I have 5-6 hours of playtime on Tuesday and Wednesday due to island expo farm and m0 completion.

In 2 weeks, I’ll be farming m+ heavily, doing warfronts for the bosses (drops 355 gear that can TF to 370+ and has a weekly 370 reward) and raiding in uldir. This alone will be a ton of content to consume and it’ll last months for me until the next content patch and then we get even more.

In Wrath there was much less to do. Badge farming was the only relavent grind and that wasn’t really for heroic raiders. The rep grinding was fun, similar to how it is in BfA (dailies=world quests but WQs are better imo) but that’s pretty much it. WG was there if you wanted it just like Expos are there if you want em. I’m not sure what level of content you played but there wasn’t much. The story carried Wrath pretty heavily considering it was about Arthas and the raids were pretty damn good aside from a few.

TLDR: Yeah, I’m definitely content with what we have available even after doing almost everything already. Rep grinding, azerite “farming”, etc. Every tues/weds add m0 to that. In 2 weeks we get a ton more and yes, I love m+. I’ll be farming 5+ after getting my 10 done as that’s the most efficient for gearing. I’ll be doing warfront bosses as well as 1 warfront at the very least. Then every tues/weds/thurs I’ll be in uldir on top of all that. It’s more than enough for me. I never really logged in to any other expac this much aside from MoP (during daily farm) and Legion (legendary/AP farm). I don’t count BC because I spent a ton of time chilling and leveling at my pace but I did log on a lot during BC as well.

Keep in mind, I’m not telling you that you have to be content with what we have. Maybe you want the legion grind with legendary farming and AP farming but personally that was a bad grind, not a good one. Farming for days just to get prydaz (pre buff) was fucking awful. My first legendary was Uthers guard (Hpal) after farming dungeons for 2 or so weeks. Worst I’ve ever felt in WoW was at that moment. Or maybe you want MoPs grind with Thunder isle weekly quests and Dailies for rep, but this was less of a grind than BfA even with valor points added later on.
    Last edited by Thestuff1992; 2018-08-23 at 04:31 AM.

IDK; I have enough to do in game and when there is nothing else I just logg off and do other stuff. No need to idle.

Wow.

/10chars

They realize chasing gear in pugs is pointless because normal raid will replace all their gear, right?
    Why don't you idle until 9.0, when leveling stuff will replace your raid gear ?