Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Engineering Goggles ilvl increase?

So the new engineering goggles that are out. Can you upgrade them to 855, then 870, then 885 like you can with leatherworking items?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Doesn't seem like you can.

Professions are a joke in BfA. Just another feature left by the wayside.

There isn't even a BfA version of Jeeves or Blingtron. We also don't have a single way to make money.

I also can't find any info on which traits are BiS on the engineering goggles and are they better than my normal class traits? I'm currently using the "RNG" one that gives you a stat boost.
    Yeah cause you won't make gold from selling the mount, scopes for hunters and follower items.

the mount will sell for a retardedly large profit, but everything else in engineering is just for skill ups, is a loss otherwise.

item is always 10 times cheaper than the mats.

i'm at 150/150 JC but 1/150 engineering, why skill up? if i want anything i can get it off the AH for 1/10th of the price instead of crafting it myself lol.

and to be fair JC isn't much better, often uncut gems cost more than cut ones, so cutting gems is a loss!

who designed this awful fucking shit?

What bothers me most about engineering is not just the lack of blingtron and overall profitable/useful recipes, but the fact that the new belt enchants are useful but you have to replace nitro boosts to use them. I'd much rather keep my nitro boosts and just use the consumables. They should have made those boots enchants or something.

Deleted
    Follower items are BoP. Nope.
    Scopes for Hunters are selling for: 10-200g. Not worth the materials.

The mount:

More than half the materials for it are currently unobtainable in-game. Or we don't know where they come from.
    The ones we do know of are extremely rare and RNG. 1 part seems to be salvageable off mobs in The Motherload. Low drop chance. 20 needed.
    The pattern itself is an RNG drop too.
    One part of the materials costs 30k.

The Sky Golem was easily made. It just took 30 days using a daily cooldown.

This will be RNG grinding hell just to make one for YOURSELF let alone one to sell.
    It was like that for a few days in BFA and during all of beta until a hotfix. Now they are BoU (Binds on Used).

https://www.wowhead.com/spell=278413...te-fish-finder
    https://www.wowhead.com/spell=278411...erite-detector

It does not make Engineering a top tier proffesion, WTB new stuff aswell.

Edit: Wowhead is weird with these, but also shows https://www.wowhead.com/spell=278420...-herb-tracking the same way - which I have bought and equipped on a follower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, the thing I'm most disappointed in is the goggles look identical to the ones from Warlords. How hard would that have been to do a new model? Even though they haven't been very useful for the last few expansions and replaced very quickly, I still feel like the Goggles are sort of the signature of the profession and that a lot of engineers like using them for transmog. I feel like a new unique look for every expansion is important, but they couldn't even manage to just give a recolour. Nope, totally identical.

Just seems excessively lazy.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Yeah, goggles have the old model. And what is the point of engineering skill bonus they provide? There is nothing new after 125.
    Sure, Azerite traits in goggles are really good, but that is all.

People did buy the 300 ilvl weapons from me for 5k easily, I blew all my expulsom on them and made a nice bit of profit, but everything else is... meh. Nitro boosts will never be overtaken by that shield mod. The boat is bugged to hell and a waste of resources too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Honestly, the thing I'm most disappointed in is the goggles look identical to the ones from Warlords. How hard would that have been to do a new model? Even though they haven't been very useful for the last few expansions and replaced very quickly, I still feel like the Goggles are sort of the signature of the profession and that a lot of engineers like using them for transmog. I feel like a new unique look for every expansion is important, but they couldn't even manage to just give a recolour. Nope, totally identical.

Just seems excessively lazy.
    'Excessively lazy' has described professions in this game for 11 years.

There isn't even a BfA version of Jeeves or Blingtron. We also don't have a single way to make money.

I also can't find any info on which traits are BiS on the engineering goggles and are they better than my normal class traits? I'm currently using the "RNG" one that gives you a stat boost.
    herodamage.com pick you class and spec. you can see what dps all the different azerite traits are worth. traits on goggles are pretty good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    'Excessively lazy' has described professions in this game for 11 years.
    I don't think professions in WoW are particularly exciting, they've had some pretty bad design decisions over the years, and they've always struggled to find the sweet spot between "mandatory to have a specific one" and "useless"... but I am not sure I'd pick "lazy" as the primary adjective for them. I think they've put a lot of work into professions at various points in time, just with poor results. I mean, Warlords probably had the most attention to profession of any expansion, and Warlords was probably the worst era for professions of any.

In any case, my expectations for professions has never been particularly high, so it's generally easy for me to be apathetic about the various flaws over the years.

But in this case, I really feel like there's no excuse for them to not at least give the engineering goggles new colour variations. If they didn't want to spend time on new art, they could have at least made it a new tint. That they couldn't be arsed to do something so minor is just.... sad.

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    "Not having to do a class set for every raid will free up art designers to make many more varied armour and weapon models."

SUREEEEEE
    Yeah, seriously.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Engineering is a total joke this expansion. Invest all that money to level the profession just for goggles no better than m0 ones, nice. They cut so many corners this expansion.

Like so many other things in the game professions worked just fine in wotlk.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6705e600; 2018-08-26 at 08:44 AM.

Compared to what games like Everquest 2 or Vanguard: Saga of Heroes had for crafting, WoW was lazy and impotent at all times.

Outside of consumables and item enchantments nothing else is worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Yeah, seriously.
    almost as if its 3 weeks into a 2 year xpac. of course we know everything thats gonna happen. duh.

Deleted
    No. As a fellow engineer take my advice. You need to realise engineering is useless. We are the punch lines of proffesions. I mean JUST look at the 1 fucking craftable item we can make. it is 340. while LW can make multiple 355 which goes to 370. Ours dont. Why? i dont know, it would be fair our goggels to ATLEAST go to 355 as that is what drops in the first raid. but no. Fuck us

Nah professions are useful actually... it's just that Engineering sucks (as it's been since wotlk). They should just remove this Profession.

Deleted
    Follower items are BoP. Nope.
    Scopes for Hunters are selling for: 10-200g. Not worth the materials.

The mount:

More than half the materials for it are currently unobtainable in-game. Or we don't know where they come from.
    The ones we do know of are extremely rare and RNG. 1 part seems to be salvageable off mobs in The Motherload. Low drop chance. 20 needed.
    The pattern itself is an RNG drop too.
    One part of the materials costs 30k.

The Sky Golem was easily made. It just took 30 days using a daily cooldown.

This will be RNG grinding hell just to make one for YOURSELF let alone one to sell.
    STOP spreading misinformation, for the love of... Follower items are NOT BoP and my AH is seriously in need of them, I've only managed to buy half of what I need. The Azerite extractor is sellable and will be very profitable.

So that's just bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    almost as if its 3 weeks into a 2 year xpac. of course we know everything thats gonna happen. duh.
    "it's just alpha guys"

"it's just beta guys"

"it'll be fixed next patch guys"

I made like 200k gold selling incendiary ammo on the first day

then it plummeted from 15kg to 20g lol

on the bright side FRIED is super good for m+

especially until BFA pots get cheaper

Engineering has always been pretty bad. The main use of the profession is all the old "utility" stuff like mailbox and Jeeves. The new "utility" stuff is either heavily restricted(most tinkers) or absurdly expensive(Reaves in Legion until infinite battery).
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU