Deleted

Question Some BfA lore questions

1. What are the Mogu doing on Zuldazar (I'm alliance, I didn't play Horde campaign and that should answer my question I guess)?
    2. What (if anything) do the blood trolls and the worshipping of an old god have to do with Zul summoning an old god to free the others imprisoned in Uldir (that's what it is all about, right?) and Aszhara and the pact with Stormsong?
    3. Does anything of question (2) have to do with Gorak Tul and the witch coven in Drustvar?

Not sure about #3 but sadly playing horde side through will answer #1 and #2 thoroughly.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Not sure about #3 but sadly playing horde side through will answer #1 and #2 thoroughly.
    And that answer is...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortarion View Post
    1. What are the Mogu doing on Zuldazar (I'm alliance, I didn't play Horde campaign and that should answer my question I guess)?
    The Mogu were brought back with Zul and Vilnak'dor (the Zandalari prelate who treated with Lei Shen), against the orders of Rastakhan. Almost as soon as they arrive at Zuldazar they immediately set to conquering the port they were received at. Apparently they've entered into a deal with Zul of some kind (the specifics of which aren't known).

2. What (if anything) do the blood trolls and the worshipping of an old god have to do with Zul summoning an old god to free the others imprisoned in Uldir (that's what it is all about, right?) and Aszhara and the pact with Stormsong?
    There isn't a direct connection between G'huun and Azshara/Stormsong that we know of. G'huun promised Zul the power to create a new and eternal Troll empire, toppling Rastaskhan and the Loa (both seen as useless or fickle in Zul's eyes) with the power of Blood magic. G'huun's connection to N'Zoth is unknown - they could be allied or enemies or completely unaware of one-another. Zul's scheming isn't connected to Azshara, although Azshara is in communication with *someone* high up in the Zanchuli Council of Zuldazar.

3. Does anything of question (2) have to do with Gorak Tul and the witch coven in Drustvar?
    Not that we know of. Gorak Tul is, so far, pretty much a threat from nowhere in the Kul Tiras arc. The Drust have been stirred up by Lady Waycrest trying to save her ailing husband from an early death - she somehow made contact with the spirit of Gorak Tul in Thros (the Drust realm in the Shadowlands) who made an arrangement to give her power over death in exchange for giving the Drust a toehold back into reality. The creation of the Heartsbane Coven of witches is all a product of this deal - Lady Waycrest is their "mother," and Gorak Tul (through the Heartsbane Coven) spreads his corruption across Drustvar though its actions.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

And that answer is...?
    Play a toon through the Horde story line.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Zul's scheming isn't connected to Azshara, although Azshara is in communication with *someone* high up in the Zanchuli Council of Zuldazar.
    If I remember correctly the Shark loa questline with the tortollans confirms that Zul has been communicating with Azshara for some time now.

- - - Updated - - -

And that answer is...?
    Gorak Tul and the coven are connected to the Shadowlands and the new kind of (death/shadow) magic, Drust.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

There was a side quest were they Naga were talking with G'huun but were not making a huge effort to help him. Zul promised the Mogu a new empire if they helped and the mogu seem to know about g'huun though Zul most likely just manipulated them. The drust are dont have anything to do with old gods/g'huun just another side story for later.

I don't think the Mogu even know. They makes claims of promises(Zul's) and want to enslave a bunch of Trolls. They're obviously not in on the Old God stuff though and probably would turn on Zul immediately if they knew. They're basically there to weaken the people's trust in Rastakhan and to weaken the defenses.

The Blood Trolls openly worship Ghuun and do his bidding. Zul is working for Ghuun, but he's a more important pawn than the rest. i don't think we've seen any of them claim to worship the Old Gods, just Ghuun... which makes sense since Ghuun might not be in an alliance with N'zoth, kinda like how the Sha weren't really apart of the Old God's forces, but more like chaotic forces. Zul does work with Azshara though, not sure if this is one tricking the other or both of them serving an Old God, means they try to work together.
    I just can't see N'zoth and Ghuun actually being 100% of the same page and I think N'zoth is taking advantage of the more chaotic false Old God's distraction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Play a toon through the Horde story line.
    Thanx a lot buddy, you are as useful in life as a pack of stray dogs in a church at a sunday morning mass.

1. back in MoP Zul and his trolls made deal with Mogu, and ressed Lei Shen, the Thunder King. during questing in Zandalar, on Horde side, you learn that part of Mogu followed Zul back to Zandalar and Rastakhan mentions them as "pets of Zul". these mogu help Zul in coup against Rastakhan.
    2. blood trolls worship G'huun, a being made by titans while experimenting. its not an Old God. its much weaker and is just a very powerful threat. they worship this parasitic being. thing that Zul summons isnot old god either. it serves old gods and ghuun. and in Zuldazar, there is a Great Seal. trolls have no ide what it is. but during questing we learn that when titans created G'huun by msitake, they sealed it in Uldir titan complex and set 3 seals to protect it. one was in Nazmir, and was destroyed by blood trolls. second was in Voldun, and was protected by serpent race it was destroyed by that being called Mythrax, which later is summoned by Zul. this mytrax was defeated by snake loa. but Zul's lieutenant, general Jakra zet and serpent people emperor resurrect it. and it follows Zuls order and destroys last seal in Zuldazar. ths detruction opens up Uldir and now G'huun can leave it and spread rot.
    Zul is in league with Azshara. allies himself with her. directly Zul isnot a servant of Old Gods. he is a clever fanatic, who dreams of restoration of Empire of Zul (this was name of ancient troll empire that spread most of ancient kalimdor, before rising of Elven empire). so Zul alliems himself to whoever it is and whatever is cost simply to get his dream of great troll empire come true. be it Azshara, or blood trolls and rotten Ghuun, evne if it means surrending trolls to blood troll or even worse state (in Underrot we can see what happens when ghuun infests trolls). no matter dead, infested or alive or undead, he wants trolls rule world surface, and allies himself to aZshara, who will rule depths.
    3. no Gorak Tul has nothing to do with Azshara/zul/ghuun etc
    lord stormsong is corrupted to azshara's whispers. nobody else

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    If I remember correctly the Shark loa questline with the tortollans confirms that Zul has been communicating with Azshara for some time now.
    That's the quest where we find out that Azshara is communicating with someone in the Zanchuli Council - but we don't know who it is, and we don't know for how long. The Naga have only recently shown back up at the ruins of Atal'Gral (after having destroyed it some 5 years previously) searching for magic artifacts at the behest of N'Zoth presumably.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead